Post Hershey car plans

1937hd45

Unsold things are put away till next year, hood I bought has one stubborn pin that I'm trying to remove. Filled five barrels with leaves, what are your fall/winter car plans? Having all four doors fit and working on the '29 Model A by Spring time is my goal. Need to take some photo to go with a new thread I plan to start tomorrow.

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Unsold things are put away till next year, hood I bought has one stubborn pin that I'm trying to remove. Filled five barrels with leaves, what are your fall/winter car plans? Having all four doors fit and working on the '29 Model A by Spring time is my goal. Need to take some photo to go with a new thread I plan to start tomorrow.

My plans? Getting ready to host the MG Club tech session in Nov. Will get the 14 T out for a picnic this weekend. Gonna make progress on the 72 MGBGT. How'd I ever have time to work? Good seeing you at Hershey Bob. It's been a long time for us, collecting plugs.

Terry

20231003_152446.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Packard: sort vapor lock; install super nice trunk handle and maybe replace the door handles.  Replace mirrors and headlight retainer rings (bought at Hershey 22!)

Model A: wiring harness

Mercedes: tune up

Organize spares and stuff bound for swap meet scene in 24.

Nothing major really.  But a plan... 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DFeeney said:

My plans are to "Stay on the Earth" so I can return to Hershey next year and "Smell the Rust"

What do you want for your birthday? My standard answer is "another birthday next year!"

Steve

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have a '64 Falcon that I hope to get ready for paint before it gets too cold--that would be around Thanksgiving.  I plan to prep the entire under hood area and paint it with satin black.  All of the suspension and steering components  will be removed, cleaned and returned to original appearance and then reinstalled.  All that before the cold weather arrives.
After that, i have the engine and transmission to rebuild and install.  The car is a 6 cyl and from all I see at the car shows, people could be forgiven if they thought ALL Falcons, Mustangs and Mavericks came with V8 engines---Mine is staying as a SIX  with the original drum brakes as a tribute to the MILLIONS that were built that way.

Busy Winter
That's just the car work--- Several projects for the house and yard.  I just finished de-thatching the yard and fertilizing it.  Over-seeding the bare spots will happen just before the coming rain.   A few stumps to burn out and remove.  Some siding to pressure wash, wooded deck to repaint, old above-ground swimming pool to remove.  

Edited by Littlestown Mike
accidently posted before i was finished (see edit history)
  • Like 2

One of these days, sooner than later I hope, I want to wash the road grime off of my car from the 4 hour round trip in the rain to get to Hershey and back! Also need to get into the nooks and crannys for a good once over.

THEN, I hope to get the motor in my 79, so it will be on the road for the spring!

I'm going to see if I can get a 1908 REO 1-cylinder running again. It's been dormant for at least 60 years, maybe more. Going to take my time and try to get some pieces rebuilt beforehand - water pump, timer, coil box, radiator.

Not a lot of printed out there, but I am a member of the Early REO Group. They have a lot of collective info.

If you have any advice or can offer services, please contact me.

• Like 1

Thompson Speedway show in North Connecticut/ Massachusetts border...first weekend in November...

Auto Mania Show in Allentown, PA.--- Indoor show, January 18th - January 21st , 2024 -- beautiful heated facility, short sleeve shirts all weekend ,