Hurricane Ian

Buick35

Heard from a friend and he said "today will be the worst with rain and storm surge" he now has a 56 Dodge and when he lived here on long island had a 29 and 50 Dodge and a 31 Franklin sedan that I helped him restore 40+ years ago.

I live in Tampa and we were in the bulls-eye up until just before the last 24-36 hours. We are devastated by the destruction to the south of us. Words can’t explain the loss those folks are experiencing.

I attended an AACA National show in Punta Gorda around 2004. It was a great shown in a beautiful parks, right on the water.

There are people effected by this storm across the entire state of Florida, and now it’s aiming for the Carolina’s.

Please keep the folks effected by this storm in your thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Graham Man said:

The car was not the subject of the picture...I would have been driving that north

image.png.24820e9cbf94183fea464f7e4b7ecb66.png

I read up on this... The owner had 4 cars in the garage, 2 were on lifts. They got the two cars on the ground out but the two on top of the lifts stayed there. The water pushed them off the lifts and dumped them in the yard. 

Hoping all our affected forum members are safe and sound!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lahti35 said:

Hoping all our affected forum members are safe and sound!

I do too.  Just do not mention the name of the person you are asking about.  I asked how a past national president fared and if anyone on this forum knew.  Apparently it was sent to the "hide file" whatever that is.

We are in Aiken SC, about 100 miles inland from Savanna GA and a little north. We have only had light rain and very light wind. It missed us as the radar shows just outer bands of clouds. They originally thought it would hit further south and we were expecting high winds and a lot of rain. Nothing like FL got but it is still dumping a lot of water just north/east of us. 
dave s 

We lived in Florida for 50 years and only had flood waters in the house twice.    Moved to the mountians in 2008 and don't even have Flood Inaurance, but we do have a snow plow that we've only used once.   If it floods here, we're a Port of Call for Noah's Ark.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope that today will be better for all of you who had to deal with the horrific affects of the storm in the SE USA. If you had plans to go to Hershey and can still do so DO IT. yes the things you will have to take care of at home will still be there but you all know that Hershey is a great dose of the tonic we need to keep our spirits up - seeing people we haven't seen all year etc.

Keep well all, chin up as the song says " don't stop thinking about tomorrow , it will be here , better then before................"

Walt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Avanti Bill said:

Was going to show a 1954 Arnolt-Bristol at Hershey next week, instead I'm headed to Florida to see the condition of our house.  Not looking forward to the trip.

I thought i was going to be making the same trip, I am in Ocala and they seemed to have missed everything, just  90 miles north of Orlando, and 45 miles west of Daytona. I got real lucky. Hope everything is not that bad when you get down there, safe travels

We too talked a lot about going to check our home in the Port Charlotte area instead of going to Hershey.  However we have now realized it's too early to be effective.  With no power,water, passable roads, gas, etc.  we could not stay there long enough to get anything done.  Neighbors have checked the house and sent pictures so we know there is no structural damage and it's secure.  We got very lucky so now we will let it sit until a little civilization returns (power and water) and make our 42nd annual trek to Hershey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stretch cab said:

How did the Edison/Ford Estate fare?  I've tried to look it up but can't find any info.

I heard they both sustained damage, but were not destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, avantey said:

We too talked a lot about going to check our home in the Port Charlotte area instead of going to Hershey.  However we have now realized it's too early to be effective.  With no power,water, passable roads, gas, etc.  we could not stay there long enough to get anything done.

That’s one of the things they say here after bushfires, if you don’t need to be in the area they prefer you not to be because there is still a lot of danger even after the effect. Car accidents post weather events are very common