For Sale: 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III Convertible - now $11,900

Not Mine - Location: Folsom, CA 

Description: Very hard to find barn find Lincoln Continental Mark III Convertible! This car was purchased by it's second and current owner in 1965! After his divorce in the early 1970's, he parked it and it has not been driven since. Here is your opportunity to purchase and restore a truly rare automobile. It has a clean California title. original $7500 - then $19,000 (flip?) --- now $11,900. 

odometer rolled over
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

Link: update

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/represa-lincoln-continental-convertible/7508848244.html

copy and paste into your email:
c54024384121341fb2e2af4dc018ef9d@sale.craigslist.org
call or text:
(209) 559-20 zero seven

aaa100z0z_gwJbsMYCYGBz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

aaa200C0C_47YoUiVxe7Gz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

aaa300f0f_8sOkBYqxwUXz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

aaa400a0a_2xZ0zIuK5vXz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Edited by classiclines
new price, new seller contact info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Looks like someone might have been tinkering with the carb, 

And the interior, and the paint, and…

Looks like it went through some “upgrades” after being acquired in 1965. 

You don’t see many of these. There might be a buyer looking for one. This looks like it needs everything, which means big $$. As is usually the case,  better financially to buy one already done. 

• Like 5

Exceptionally Maintained,

Understated,

Graceful,

Uncluttered,

Ecologically restrained,

This lovely clean example AIN'T-

but, if you want a challenge, have a substantial checkbook, and like being the object of staring attendees at your next, and frequent fuel fill-up,

This may be your next project

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure this is the same car - can't tell if this is a "flip" or if washing the car added 11,500 value - new price $19,000.

New Listing (Not Mine)

Lincoln continental convertible - $19,000 (Folsom)

Mark 3 convertible, only 3048 built, all original. The car will only go up in value. Has been in garage storage so needs some clean up and TLC before hittin the road. This car is still in project mode so it needs to be towed. No rust, 430 engine. Have title in my name. Possible trade ...  odometer: 97000

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/represa-lincoln-continental-convertible/7508848244.html

mmm101515_2RdsSCGeGfVz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/woodland-hills-1958-lincoln-continental/7508272225.html 

If you really want one, this one seem like a much better deal, from a seller that seems more honest. 

30,000 miles for $24,500  Been sitting, so it needs wake up and detailing. 

00606_gm0hJG8gnidz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00606_kCpWSIQkaobz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_5Hg7CpFR7unz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_jfn9WR9MT9Kz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

I’m not sure.  This is just another car where the seller does not want to lift a finger to do anything.  Which is fine in this case.  

These cars are just too complicated to justify buying them at almost any price.  I’m sure something would be wrong shortly after buying a pristine example.  

It would be different if it was a truly beautiful car, like a 61 Continental convertible- but I don’t know anyone that can critique a 58-60 Lincoln as a beautiful car.  They are perhaps nostalgic and a curiosity but never beautiful.  

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

The 1958 styling is interesting historically, but it's

far from graceful.  Add to that the bright yellow paint,

and this is a car I could do without!

(Since the car isn't yours, I'm a bit bolder in expressing

my thoughts!)

That '58 styling always makes me think of the original Batmobile.

$19,000 for the Junker missing the front seat. (yeah, like it would ever sell for that) vs $24,500 for the nice car. 

Detailed for show versions trade in the $30,000 to $50,000 range. They do have a following.

The reproduction embossed convertible top on the nice car was $500 (for just the cloth) last time I looked.  The unique tapered top pads are extra. 

The 9.50x14 (yes 14 inch) tires are currently $352 at Coker. 

It has original paint and leather but most important it is NOT MESSED WITH. 

The most important thing on 58-67 Lincolns. Once you learn and understand the Lincoln engineering (which is unlike most other cars) then they are fixable. (but of course never as easy as a Falcon or Mustang) 

However if some tractor mechanic has taken it apart, and cut wires, and made changes, then the game is over because the parts are unique to these cars and in many cases there are no substitutes. 

Moral to the story . . . . Always buy the best you can afford

Speaking from experience - My 59 that I completely stripped and restored.

IMG_1482.JPG

• Like 5

It's amazing that people will fall all over themselves for the outlandish '59 Cadillac yet take issue with the '58 through '60 Lincolns. They are, also, certainly less bizarre than contemporary Imperials.

This was the era of jet inspired space-age design which ended abruptly with the '61 Continental.

I personally think the '58 Lincoln (Premiere) -not Continental MKIII- is the best of the lot.

They are complex unit body cars. 

One must remember- the mid-fifties Lincoln Futura show car was bought and altered into the the Batmobile by George Barris.

Edited by Sal Hepatica (see edit history)

On 7/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, m-mman said:

$19,000 for the Junker missing the front seat. (yeah, like it would ever sell for that) vs $24,500 for the nice car. 

Detailed for show versions trade in the $30,000 to $50,000 range. They do have a following.

The reproduction embossed convertible top on the nice car was $500 (for just the cloth) last time I looked.  The unique tapered top pads are extra. 

The 9.50x14 (yes 14 inch) tires are currently $352 at Coker. 

It has original paint and leather but most important it is NOT MESSED WITH. 

The most important thing on 58-67 Lincolns. Once you learn and understand the Lincoln engineering (which is unlike most other cars) then they are fixable. (but of course never as easy as a Falcon or Mustang) 

However if some tractor mechanic has taken it apart, and cut wires, and made changes, then the game is over because the parts are unique to these cars and in many cases there are no substitutes. 

Moral to the story . . . . Always buy the best you can afford

Speaking from experience - My 59 that I completely stripped and restored.

IMG_1482.JPG

Nice car!

• classiclines changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Lincoln Continental Mark III Convertible - now $11,900