1967 mustang fastback - $100k (reseda)

Better not shuffle your feet....

fff.jpg.606158b90927c21fbb6cf0f4f3725138.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/valencia-1967-mustang-fastback/7424645834.html

1967 ford mustang fastback code s 390 , 4 speed top loaded, 9 rear-end build in San Jose CA, sold in Los Angeles ca, all original survivor unmolested car, no rust, original paint, last time I drove 2003 since then park in the garage asking 100k or best offer 818 262 7567

Hey! It's a potential Eleanor! Can you put a price on that? These are one of the most popular and valuable of Mustang models. I saw a few rusty junkers of this model, going for 15,000 bucks several years ago at a Good Guys show. Seriously, the pricing on any old car from the 60's is way out of line. But it never hurts to ask. I am certainly not a customer. 

I suppose beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I can't think of a better way of ruining a 1967 / 68 mustang fastback than creating yet another  "Eleanor " clone.

Made up movie cars don't do much for me at the best of times , but IMHO Eleanor ranks up there with the Corvette Summer car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

I suppose beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I can't think of a better way of ruining a 1967 / 68 mustang fastback than creating yet another  "Eleanor " clone.

Made up movie cars don't do much for me at the best of times , but IMHO Eleanor ranks up there with the Corvette Summer car.

Nobody is wasting a real 390 four speed on a Eleanor clone.   I don't think.

And while we are on the subject,  why?  That thing is ugly.

6 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Nobody is wasting a real 390 four speed on a Eleanor clone.   I don't think.

And while we are on the subject,  why?  That thing is ugly.

I agree that car is ugly. However I fear you are wrong about the first sentence. I have seen several “Eleanors” advertised for big money. So if there is a market someone will fill it. I hope you are right!

Personally I don't get the whole "Eleanor" clone thing.  But if someone wants to build a replica of a movie car, who am I to judge?   So, just when you think all things Hollywood connected can't get any weirder this comes up:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/entertainment/dont-call-it-eleanor-legal-troubles-for-youtubes-b-is-for-build/

If you build a replica Eleanor out of your own Mustang and even whisper the word "Eleanor", they will sue you and seize your car.  

I'm just praying for that continental shelf to snap off.....

If its as nice as he says, I can def. see it getting big money. 100k may be ambitious but I can see that car selling for $75k any day of the week. Like most for sales, to me the dust isnt worth anything. CLEAN it up!  I suppose the seller figures anyone that knows these cars and is willing to spend the money is going to look at it in person anyway so why waste time with a lot of pics.

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 1967 mustang fastback - $100k (reseda)