For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22/21 Reduced - 7/15/23 SOLD! - 11/4 Washed, waxed & Flipping on Ebay - 11/11 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1960 Chrysler Imperial 2-door Hardtop in Yuba City, CA  -  $38,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 11/22, Seller reduced price to $28,000

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/442388880582408/1960-Chrysler-Imperial-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1960 Chrysler Imperial 2-door Hardtop

• Driven 77,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: Pink
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

CLASSIC CAR FOR SALE: 1960 Chrysler Imperial  -  $38,000

We have always fondly called this car “Pepto” due to its color matching the Pepto Bismol medicine. This old girl has been babied, covered & garage kept. She wears the original Chrysler spoke wheels, & has a pristine interior & exterior. Maintenance has been kept up to date, tires are good. Currently the speedometer, the gas gauge, & the radio are not functional. Completely original motor. Overall, still runs & drives like a champ. Message me for more info.

image.png.2f4bebfb6792673b51585cd5d2da01ef.png

image.png.73ba23b0e80c6283c44690d5b4a3cbbe.png

image.png.747b8ffc333c48adc6d96ee0698d8438.png

image.png.71b8eb3ece7e367d885418aa707af6a1.png

image.png.5300f4954de9922df107913ed7573f55.png

image.png.3b6b5ee26afc8865f11e525a5c121ee1.png

image.png.8a8c12454091efa49030820e2030a6b1.png

image.png.2da5edf75053bdf252bfffada90b22d7.png

image.png.b49465f5a3e6156e30a3f1549c6d48ec.png

image.png.8318b5c913245ea4a7961376881c95c7.png

image.png.f30e67b478a2e18d11927efed43d0ee3.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine

Pristine must mean different things to different people. If it means original as in original condition, this interior IS NOT. Extra switch(es), gauge, holes in door panel, "pristine" wrinkles in some fabric, "pristine" soiled/worn carpet, "pristine" soiled/worn pedals.

Exterior paint looks very nice in photos, but small trim pieces show "pristine" deterioration.

tr.v. ga·raged, ga·rag·ing, ga·rag·es

To put or store in a garage.
Adding an open carport to the end of a garage & covering a vehicle that's in this carport, does not constitute being garaged.

The car looks nice. It would look better at $10000 less. 

If he's leaving this outside & it's this nice, I wonder what's in the real garage.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Unobtainium! 

Warhawk, is that an item that you've tried to find?

Are you sure that those front fender emblems

are unobtainable for the 1960 Imperials?

They are so often missing, that one would think

someone would be reproducing them.  At least,

I hope so.

(And if you have a '60 Imperial, feel free to post

pictures.  I admire those cars, but mine is a 1961.)

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

If I am not mistaken that mauve color had favor in the late 50s. And I like it. GMs larger series had it I believe they called it Laurel Mist.  Shiny, against chrome it pops. I am not generally a fan of what I see day in and day out like white, so I like a color like this.  Featured in Imperial ads too, I used to have a 60 Imperial ad.  

As for price, here we go again. Seems daily driver types that used to cost $10,000 are now offered for nearly $40,000.  We seldom know WHAT they sell for and if you are dumb enough to have a spare $35,000 laying around, why not?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Warhawk, is that an item that you've tried to find?

Are you sure that those front fender emblems

are unobtainable for the 1960 Imperials?

They are so often missing, that one would think

someone would be reproducing them.  At least,

I hope so.

(And if you have a '60 Imperial, feel free to post

pictures.  I admire those cars, but mine is a 1961.)

My brother has looked for these as he owns a 60 Imperial and his do show their age.    This is my brothers 60 Imperial Southampton and my 60 Buick Electra:

ar4IYmM.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 2:48 PM, B Jake Moran said:

If I am not mistaken that mauve color had favor in the late 50s.

For 1960, Imperial offered two shades of mauve:

"Dusk mauve" (medium darkness) and "dawn mauve,"

a very light shade.  The subject car may actually be white.

I don't think dawn mauve is as pale as that. 

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22 Reduced
  • 4 months later...

Really torques me.  1st offered for $38,000 with no serious interest, they lop $10,000 off and still no interest.  

That is simply greed.  Why not advertise it to SELL it and not to keep it and see if someone is stupid to buy it at $38,000?  

People generally know what they have in a car and believe it or not some are not even worth what they bought it for.  

Then there is the long term ownership factor.  You bought it for $10,000 25 years ago, enjoyed it, why not price at $12,500 or so ?   If you sell it at $10,000 then you paid nothing for 25 years of the old car hobby.  A rough example given maintenance and gas costs but you know what I mean by this example. 

I'm not defending the seller's price, but what you have in a car has nothing to do with what it's worth.  True whether we're talking about the XK120 you bought for $500 in 1963, or the the impeccable $50,000 restoration of a 46 Studebaker sedan.  Each is worth what buyers are willing to pay.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22 Reduced - 7/11/22 Still available
On 11/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, BucketofBolts said:

Was that color stock?  As my 10 year old would say as to the color on this model  ---- Yuk.   

The license plate defines the color:

Pepto Bismol

People generally know what they have in a car and believe it or not some are not even worth what they bought it for.  

I think the seller should feel free to ask whatever he wants for his vehicle. If seller wants to look the fool so be it. 

If you bought your house 15 years ago for $50,000 and they are now selling for $100,000 are you going to sell yours for $65,000 because that's what you have in it? I kind of doubt it. 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22 Reduced - 3/28/23 Still available
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22/21 Reduced - 3/28/23 Still available
On 3/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, bryankazmer said:

I'm not defending the seller's price, but what you have in a car has nothing to do with what it's worth.  True whether we're talking about the XK120 you bought for $500 in 1963, or the the impeccable $50,000 restoration of a 46 Studebaker sedan.  Each is worth what buyers are willing to pay.

Normally I would agree with you, but in the last 10 to 15 years ebay has really screwed up the value of cars in this hobby. Best example that I would point to is the 1954 Ford wagon and trailer combination recently listed on ebay that did not sell for $55,000. A very average wagon with wrong color scheme and unfinished interior and painted bumpers, the trailer was unusual, but did not look like an early Airstream. All it takes is two people to drive the price out of sight. IMO this does not reflect the true value of this set up. After 40K two bidders sent the price to 55K now lets say he wins and a year later wants to sell and the other guy has moved on.....he's stuck.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 8:37 PM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

On 3/28/23, 

Seller's ad on Facebook is still active. 

Price remains $28,000

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/442388880582408/-1960-Chrysler-Imperial-2dr-Hardtop

And the ad is still active months later, now that it's July.

Can people leave Facebook ads and forget about them,

or do they expire automatically after a certain period?

I like 1960 Imperials.

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22/21 Reduced - 3/28/23 Still available - 7/15/23 SOLD!
On 7/11/2023 at 12:17 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

And the ad is still active months later, now that it's July.

Can people leave Facebook ads and forget about them,

or do they expire automatically after a certain period?

I like 1960 Imperials.

Too late, John.

This one got away! 😎

On 3/28/2023 at 10:03 PM, kingrudy said:

...in the last 10 to 15 years ebay has really screwed up the value of cars in this hobby... All it takes is two people to drive the price out of sight.

I don't think ebay has done as much damage as the big tv hype auctions, and that's saying quite a bit. Both have skewed the car hobby into more a money and bragging rights game than true appreciation of the vehicles.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22/21 Reduced - 7/15/23 SOLD! - 11/4 Washed, waxed & Flipping on Ebay

On 11/4,

For sale by Dealer on Ebay: 1960 Chrysler Imperial 2-door Hardtop in Kelseyville, CA  -  Auction, opening bid: $1,000  -  Sellerladyluckgarage  -  No phone # provided. Contact Seller through Ebay.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/166415543249/1960-Chrysler-Imperial-Hardtop

Many more photos on the Ebay listing...

Seller's Description:

1960 Chrysler Imperial 2-door Hardtop

Very well kept 60 Imperial. We acquired this recently from its 94 year old owner. Meticulously maintained for 63 years, always garaged and covered. Original Chrysler 4bbl 413 Wedge B Engine is in good running order. Easy start up with good smooth power getting up to highway speed. Push button 3 Speed torqueflight transmission is shifting well. The car run's and drive's as good as it looks. Floating down the highway at 70 mph comfortably. Brakes are stock drum style that work well with the power assist helping out. All light's and blinkers are operational. Glass is all good as well as the weatherstripping. Power windows are all functional. The amazing luminescent dash is functional and quite the sight at night. Speedometer and Oil Pressure gauges are working. Fuel & Temp Gauge are not working. Radio is Non op but power Antenna is working. Power seat is operational. Interior seats with the crown logo is beautiful as well as the headliner and door panels. Original dash pad has a couple small crack's see pictures for detail. Package tray is like new. Trunk is completely upholstered and in show condition. Spare is included. Specialty plates are offered to go with the car if desired (PBismol). Wire wheels are beautiful and wide white's are a recent purchase. Chrome and Brightwork on this Imperial is complete and way above average. There are a couple small bump spots on the front bumper if you look close. The body is laser straight and you would be hard pressed to find a better one on the planet. There will be one complete spare (gun sight) taillight assembly included with this sale. Also included in the sale is a like new heavy California Car cover.

Overall this is really fine running example of a very rare and unique automobile. It was built during a time when quality and design was arguably at its peak. We have driven the car extensively and have found no issues other then the few small things noted above. The body and chassis are far above the average we normally find. There are no signs of damage from accident's, abuse or rust. We believe the odometer may be original mileage but have no way too verify such a claim. New owner should expect to replace factory rubber bushings throughout the chassis at some point as the rubber is over 60 years old. Only missing parts are the crown plastic inserts on the headlight brow trim and the L emblem on the trunk lid. 

Clear California Title in Hand. This Imperial is 18' 6" long and 6' 6" wide. Curb weight is a hefty 4765 lb. We will assist and document the loading when your shipper arrives at our site. Our location is in Northern California 95451 (2 hours North of San Francisco and also Sacramento). To our international buyer's we are located 500 miles North of the Long Beach port so additional shipping will be required - please contact us prior to bidding for additional cost's. This vehicle is sold as is where is with no warranties expressed or implied. We encourage a on sight inspection or third party viewing when possible. We want you to be happy with your purchase so serious buyers send request's for specific photo and video's.

Best of Luck! Thank You for viewing our auction - Lady Luck Garage 

image.png.48b5559394b392bf1ac574534ccc3df4.png

image.png.a1a11be039594c03a36252e21fd3cb7d.png

image.png.47c0d7090b00c181d596ac02bd2c338e.png

image.png.b82cfdd0c0d341970b4af9279b6cd65e.png

image.png.33edaed0bdc6fcf849a2dfae00d3e92c.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Chrysler Imperial - "Original spoke wheels & motor, pristine interior & exterior" - Yuba City, CA - Not Mine - 11/22/21 Reduced - 7/15/23 SOLD! - 11/4 Washed, waxed & Flipping on Ebay - 11/11 SOLD!
14 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

The Ebay No-Reserve auction ended 11/11 as "SOLD!" for $32,100.

There were 82 bids from 17 bidders. 

Thanks for letting us know the conclusion, Fin Seeker.

It's good to know the value on the market, not merely

an asking price in an ad.  And now it's in our forum for

a long-term record, too.

• Like 2