HERSHEY CARS AND PARTS FOR SALE & WANTED

thunderbird sunroof

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to GOING TO HERSHEY - cars and parts WANTED topic - post your wants/needs here.

Wanted: not so much parts but the paper about the era of the cars I research and write about:

MAGAZINES - PERIODICALS:   Autobody magazine 1921 to 1931

La Carrossiere ( French) 1928 to 1934

Le Equipment de Automobile ( French) any issues pre war WWII

Franklin Dealer's Bulletins  1925 to 1934

The Packard magazine 1925 to 1937

Cadillac Accelerator - pre WWII

Coach builders metal badges/tags both USA and European.

I will have stuff pre war for sale or trade at Red Field ( northeast corner) RNG 10 & 11.

thanks everyone

Walt.

• Like 2

WANTED -Unusual early spark plugs!

Also -Interesting brass lamps, automobile sheet music, Auto related watch fobs, pins, buttons, etc. This is an endless quest for early genuine antique items.

Terry,  GCC 5, 6. 

20161218_142216-1.jpg

20180729_155411.jpg

20171216_134646-1.jpg

20170926_180530-1.jpg

s-l400 (8)-2.jpg

20170930_212933.jpg

20160926_201044.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to HERSHEY CARS AND PARTS FOR SALE & WANTED

Everything in this trailer, and more that hasn’t been loaded yet, fits 1941-46 Chevy and GMC trucks. We will be in our Green Field Spaces, under Hershey light pole 118- from Tuesday afternoon until Saturday at noon or so. 
Can it be one month from tomorrow?

BF3CC2AB-B742-4A11-A510-944108406D9F.jpeg

253CA9FA-AF9C-4C5A-A4F0-020C443D7F44.jpeg

Looking for:

Gas, oil, care care (wax, polishes, etc. Items mid 60s back.  Not so tied to oil co. or mfg. names as to condition.  Must be very good to mint.

Car club ID cards, "business cards" from postwar to early 60s

Fiction books about hot rods these were obviously geared towards teens from mid 50s, to early 60s

Model A Ford - 30, 31 fenders non sidemount, good to excellent only.  Thinking of changing out my DSM fenders.

Decent original radiator cap early 30

Banger speed stuff.

Accessory "Aristocrat" dash for early 30 A with oval speedo.

And hellos from forum members! 

Thanks, Steve

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, parrts said:

Six 23" clincher rims at spaces C2F 51 - 53.   $50 each or offer.  We're not taking them home.

Hank FeinbergIMG_8427.jpeg.a4b8e1e665bfd650a138f41d9cd868af.jpeg

Hank - I sent you a PM with my contact info. I will buy all 6 of the 23" clinchers. I'm in spaces C4E38 & 39 so we are almost neighbors.

• Like 1

I am not a vendor nor do I sell parts but I have a really nice paint sprayer that I would like to move on. It is heavy enough that shipping would be a fair amount I would surmise. Its a turbine sprayer that I used maybe 3 or 4 times before I got an air settup. I used it for cabinet/furniture. Im pretty sure I paid well over $600 for it new. I am planning on attending Hershey, and can bring along if anyone is interested. PM me.

I apologize in advance if this is inapropriate for this thread. Delete if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at FALL CARLISLE & FALL HERSHEY and will be shopping for the following 1930-33 PACKARD parts:

Mailing Address: John L. Trotter, PO Box 271, Kingston, TN, 37763
Email: 
johnltrotter@bellsouth.net Phone: 865.686.2001

1930 - 733 conv. coupe:

1. Door molding - UPPER sill/door pull molding / garnish. This the sheet metal trim piece where you would rest your arm if the window was open
2. Conv top pin - at top of windshield header
3. Door lock - passenger exterior
4. Oil level gauge – in oil pan (same 1929-1932)

1931 - 833 2-4 hardtop coupe:

1. Rumble seat step – lower one that goes inside the bumper (side mount car)
2. Visionall - windshield wiper tube and control valve. I believe the tube should measure 45.5" in length, not including the mounting brackets on the ends
3. Interior sun visor 'arms' – both sides (same as 1932)
4. Steering wheel, horn button, and surround - (any or all 3 pieces)
5. Tail light lens – red, center, hourglass shaped

1932 - 902 2-4 hardtop coupe:

1. Right rear fender – Coupe or Victoria fender (sedan fenders are different)
2. Rumble seat step – lower one that goes inside the bumper (side mount car)
3. Steering wheel, button, and surround - (any or all 3 pieces)
4. Battery box and Tool box complete with both tops and locks
5. Oil level gauge – in oil pan (same 1929-1932)
6. Running board splashers, both sides - these are the vertical sheet metal panels between the bottom of body and top of running board (same on all 902 chassis cars)
7. Air Cleaner complete with elbow
8. Gas cap
9. Frame end caps front (chrome) – need 2 pairs (4 pieces)

1932 - 902 roadster:

1. Complete convertible top frame/hinge/bows entire assembly
2. Running board splashers, both sides - these are the vertical sheet metal panels between the bottom of body and top of running board (same on all 902 chassis cars)
3. Air Cleaner complete with elbow
4. Front Frame Covers – sheet metal 65.5” strips covering frame between hood/front fenders
5. Windshield post mouldings – these are the body color castings that are bolted to the vertical posts

Edited by johnltrotter (see edit history)

Wanted-Wanted-Wanted - nice original automobile advertising watch fobs, lapel pins, stickpins, buttons,  etc.!   Got any coming to Hershey?  Send me a PM and I'll look for you there. 

Terry

20160114_191625 - Copy.jpg

Stickpins group 7.jpg

I will be in CE 23-24 and just obtained several pieces of Packard literature. I am going thru it now and will have for sale Tuesday afternoon till Friday. Also have literature for Dodge Brothers truck, Auburn, Cushman, Overland Whippet. and Chevy. Some of them came from dealers in Harrisburg and Lancaster. I will also have fog lights, spot lights, Franklin, Ford truck shop manual, V-8 Ford distributor, lots of 6 volt bulbs, 1917 Penna license plate. North Carolina license plates, Die cast toys, vintage toys, and lots of hat pins. Looking forward to being back at the Swap meet.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:07 PM, Walt G said:

Wanted: not so much parts but the paper about the era of the cars I research and write about:

MAGAZINES - PERIODICALS:   Autobody magazine 1921 to 1931

La Carrossiere ( French) 1928 to 1934

Le Equipment de Automobile ( French) any issues pre war WWII

Franklin Dealer's Bulletins  1925 to 1934

The Packard magazine 1925 to 1937

Cadillac Accelerator - pre WWII

Coach builders metal badges/tags both USA and European.

I will have stuff pre war for sale or trade at Red Field ( northeast corner) RNG 10 & 11.

thanks everyone

Walt.

Hi Walt,

surprised anyone (in the US) even knew what the La Carrossiere were. I had a few years ago before I got into the hobby and bought them from a local antique store out in Apache Junction for .25 a copy. I recall seeing some unusual cars in that time period. If I come across any in my inventory I'll let you know. 

Regards
Dave

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dave. Most people in the USA don't know that magazine, nor Omnia or several others. There are some USA based publications as well that were all aimed at the businesses that crafted/designed bodies for commercial vehicles as well as automobiles. That is my focus in research ( I taught art to kids for decades thus my interest in pre war car design) for information on stories that I pen and then can share the information with everyone else. It has taken decades to just know where to look for a possible piece of a history puzzle, that is what it is all about to me the story and sharing the events and history of the day - who was responsible, who did what, supplied the materials etc. Forgotten hero's to me that then were just guys doing a job. It is not about the author of the story now ( me ) but about who - then.

I have some dear friends who have looked out for me and know what I seek , that happened recently with a member of this forum who is a friend, he saw some issues of Omnia on evilbay , and emailed me to say he would not bid on them if I needed them to complete gaps in my collection - fortunately I have a full run of Omnia ( yeah - it was a monthly publication and was in production from 1920 thru 1931!!) . That consideration is what we have in friends with similar interests ( fellow Squirrels) . I tip my hat to my friend A.J. in Massachusetts. 

Walt

For Sale or Trade at Red Field NE section ( very east!!!)  space RNG 10 & 11.

I will have a medium sized selection of bits & bobs at Hershey for sale or trade see the note above listing what I seek. Among the paper material I will have are PRESS KITS for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury that were issued and I got at the New York Automobile Show: Ford/Lincoln/Mercury for 1984and 1987  Lincoln-Mercury for 1978 and 1981 I will also have 8 x 10 b & W photographs issued by Ford Motor Company and sent to me at my request at the time of 1960s to 1970s Thunderbird.  Also have a WISCO ( Roseville, Michigan) press packet showing their conversions of Cadillacs to make a station wagon, custom roof etc. also gives specs.  Press material , Press kits were not given to the general public! it was there to be used by the media ( magazines, newspapers etc) to use in articles of the day that were published, most once used were then thrown away.

I will have other file folders of post war press photographs for both US and Europe based cars.

The fender/parking lights in the photos have been replated and fit 1930 ( possibly 1929) Franklin, Marmon 8 and Peerless.  I may have along a trunk rack for a 1931 - 1933/34 Franklin as well ( needs restoration but is solid). I most likely will also have along some 1920s pressed steel toys - large ones made by Turner, and some Wyandotte art deco stream lined toy trailers. Will see what we can fit in.

Thanks - hope to see you there , pray for dry weather!

Hersheystuff 1.jpg

Hersheystuff 2.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Walt G said:

For Sale or Trade at Red Field NE section ( very east!!!)  space RNG 10 & 11.

I will have a medium sized selection of bits & bobs at Hershey for sale or trade see the note above listing what I seek. Among the paper material I will have are PRESS KITS for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury that were issued and I got at the New York Automobile Show: Ford/Lincoln/Mercury for 1984and 1987  Lincoln-Mercury for 1978 and 1981 I will also have 8 x 10 b & W photographs issued by Ford Motor Company and sent to me at my request at the time of 1960s to 1970s Thunderbird.  Also have a WISCO ( Roseville, Michigan) press packet showing their conversions of Cadillacs to make a station wagon, custom roof etc. also gives specs.  Press material , Press kits were not given to the general public! it was there to be used by the media ( magazines, newspapers etc) to use in articles of the day that were published, most once used were then thrown away.

I will have other file folders of post war press photographs for both US and Europe based cars.

The fender/parking lights in the photos have been replated and fit 1930 ( possibly 1929) Franklin, Marmon 8 and Peerless.  I may have along a trunk rack for a 1931 - 1933/34 Franklin as well ( needs restoration but is solid). I most likely will also have along some 1920s pressed steel toys - large ones made by Turner, and some Wyandotte art deco stream lined toy trailers. Will see what we can fit in.

Thanks - hope to see you there , pray for dry weather!

Hersheystuff 1.jpg

Hersheystuff 2.jpg

Hi Walt -looking forward to seeing you again - I just sent you and email -

Terry

1937 Packard Super 8 ( which was the standard 8 engine in 1936) Had a 37 Super 8 limousine, and got the spare carb and had it rebuilt "just in case " as a spare, then sold the car.  I will look and get numbers etc off of it. Still packing and picking out what to pack.

Just getting back to see this now- have been packing up and am worn out! 

I don't have any 70's Pontiac stuff at all, sorry.

Have discovered a lot of Thunderbird factory 8 x 10 prints that were sent to me by Ford Motor Co. 1959 to early 1970s.  Will have a binder full of photographs ( not modern repro prints!) to easily look through and pick out what you want. They will be $5.00 each Try to bring a folder to put them in so they don't get bent - I won't be able to bring enough envelopes, cardboard to do this, just so much room in the car.  ( May consider a trade for any of the stuff I have for a complete 1970 Buick showroom album - that is the one that has all the models /body styles in it, paint samples, upholstery samples etc. )

Looking forward to saying hello to one and all, certainly sincerely appreciate all of you who have made contact to say you enjoy the stories I write , always a pleasure to be able to have the opportunity to share what I have in my collection .

Will be arriving Tuesday afternoon and setting up with my son.

• Like 1

Just finished packing up here at Fall Carlisle--- where we had six (6) glorious , absolutely  perfect days of weather !!!

I will be at HERSHEY,  RED Field Central ---- R C C 74 -- 76 ---- 20 spots to the left of where I was, on the corner, shrunken by the HERSHEY  Construction....

I have  NEW and N.O.S. parts for cars from the 1930s through the 1970s...

G M, Ford , Mopar, AMC / Rambler, Edsel, Studebaker,  Hudson, and more.

Lots of O.E.M. G M, DELCO, and A C,

Lots of Fomoco and Motorcraft.

BRAKES : Master Cylinders,  Wheel Cylinders, Brake Shoes,  Brake Hoses,

Wheel Bearings & Seals, Brake Hardware,  Brake Cables, N.O.S. Brake Shoes, BRWKE DRUMS, BRAKE HUBS & DRUMS, and more....

FRONT END : King Pins, Pin Kits, Tie Rods, etc. for the Early cars,

Ball Joints & Bushings,  Center Links, Idler Arms, Pitman Arms, Tie Rodd,

etc. for the later cars.

Motor Mounts & Transmission  Mounts 

FUEL Pumps  & WATER Pumps 

Ignition  & Electrical : Switches, Relays, Voltage Regulators,  Ignition Switches and  Tumblers, Tune Up  parts, & more....

I have 3 sets of 8 --  44 A C spark plugs !!! And 4 pieces -- of C 86 A C....

I have  N.O.S. U.S.A. Black DELCO Distributor Caps with Copper Contacts !!!

I have BEIGE/ TAN Mopar Distributor Caps!!!

And a whoooooole lot more!!!!! Stop on by --- R C C 74 - 76.... Craig....   

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)

I also have some N.O.S. U.S.A. made !!! IDEAL (brand --- out of business for many years) 6 VOLT Flashers !!!

With HERSHEY  being 6 Volt Heaven on Earth,  that is the perfect place to run a Special ......

Come on Down.... the Price is Right  !!!  R C C 74 - 76 ...... yours, Craig....

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)
  • Like 2