Amelia Island Concours Electric Car Display This Weekend

1 minute ago, TAKerry said:

Sounds like a dog show!  Winners were picked before they even hit the ring.  I surmise this is just your speculation though.

Yes, just speculation……but I agree it’s my choice for BOS. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TAKerry said:

Sounds like a dog show!  Winners were picked before they even hit the ring.  I surmise this is just your speculation though.

Watch and learn Kerry.

but just speculation. 

1. Car.

2. Restoration.

3. Owner.

4.  Restorer.

5.  Luck.

• Like 4

Just now, edinmass said:

Yes, just speculation……but I agree it’s my choice for BOS. 

Yes does look like a nice car. I was just busting chops.  My wife used to show dogs.  We would get to the show and our handler would point out all of the dogs and what they would win, sure enough it happened just that way. Very political business to get into.

16 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Yes does look like a nice car. I was just busting chops.  My wife used to show dogs.  We would get to the show and our handler would point out all of the dogs and what they would win, sure enough it happened just that way. Very political business to get into.

“Best in show” is a great movie and for a comedy actually could be a real documentary.

• Like 3

Didn't reallize the Bonham's auction hours and assumed (never a good idea) it was evening.  Settled in and popped it on just in time for Rupert to thank everyone and wish them a wonderful weekend! 

Anyway, looks like a great event!  Good for forum folk in attendance.  More pics, please!

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

Sounds like a dog show!  Winners were picked before...

Sadly true, but that's what car shows are and and have always been.

I've often wondered how many would even bother owning old cars, if it wasn't for trophies and/or events to show them off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I take a car to a show, it has a sign "For Display Only". Have lots of trophies but from racing, rallys, and autocrosses. Am more interested in the fixing/driving of an "interesting" car. Age is really irrelevant (remember when GTOs were too new for POCI) as long as it has AC.

Anyone else have similar interests ?

• Like 1

Tell me about it. Got to a national meet host hotel at 9 pm. By 10pm was in front of the lobby, midnight 200 feet down parking lot, 2am back in front of lobby, talking the whole time. Never without a drink in hand.

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

A concours is no different than a cruise night.  Just an excuse to go hang out with buddies and talk about stuff of mutual interest.

Well said. Is that Maroon GT-40 the old Bill Wonder car from Long Island? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

Our ride this year for Amelia….. maybe a repeat?🤫

9C95DD7B-D7CF-4770-813B-37079E468F3B.jpeg

BD4CF642-CE6F-423B-8F51-1314798ECC9B.jpeg

I could write a paragraph about the visuals of your ride Ed, but I will keep it brief and just say “I love it”.   What is the name of that blue?

• Like 1

Fun day today........DaveS from here, as well as other forum members from New Mexico, New Jersey, Georgia, New York.......all stopped by to say hello and get a quick tour in a time available basis. Lots of fun seeing friends from on line in person.

3C554871-561A-4198-BD31-DDFE237BD103.jpeg

39F0E864-B9A5-4C43-8B6C-976F3A196F65.jpeg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

By the way, Steve M, our exalted leader of all things AACA bumped into me in the hallway. I need to be nice to him, as he is judging our class. That said, he didn’t buy me a drink or dinner.........and I’m fairly certain the ebb and flow is in my favor for several meals and a half dozen drinks. If he doesn’t catch up with me this week......In two weeks I’ll be in his office in Hershey collecting. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I had a drink with the gentleman who bought the Murphy.............great guy, and great car.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 8:30 AM, edinmass said:

Our ride this year for Amelia….. maybe a repeat?🤫

9C95DD7B-D7CF-4770-813B-37079E468F3B.jpeg

BD4CF642-CE6F-423B-8F51-1314798ECC9B.jpeg

Ed,  Please share the particulars of you entry thie year.   Not all of us are up on all the Pre WWII Roadsters.