Amelia Island Concours Electric Car Display This Weekend

7 hours ago, edinmass said:

1926 Rollston Roadster.......fantastic car........donā€™t think itā€™s Jacks old car.
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Certainly not the car it reminded me of.Ā  I am pretty sure he never had that one, although I certainly did not see all of his cars!

Ā 

Congratulations on the 'Most Elegant Open Car' award!

• Like 1

I endured being around Ed this past weekend and he was as usual! :)Ā  From the first time I saw the cars in Ed's chargeĀ I could not take my eyes off the Cadillac despite the number of even higher profile cars in the Lehrman Collection.Ā  I kept turning my head to look back at their award winning Cadillac from this weekend and it even looked better to me in the sun.Ā  Happy Sam decided to take it to the show...the colors are not everyone's cup of tea but I think the car makes a great statement in that combination.

Ā 

It was an honor to judge the car and all the other cars in a most difficult class.Ā  Had a superb judging team and yes Ed, it was WORK!Ā Ā 

Ā 

Amazing show and I was very surprised how much interest was shown in our Studebaker!Ā  The sun and heat did not do the wood body any favors though...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2021 at 9:10 AM, edinmass said:

and then they give me a bottle of booze. Itā€™s 12 noon and I have four bottles in front of me, but itā€™s better than a pre-frontal lobotomy. šŸ˜Ž

You ought to know about both....

Ā 

Please give W.C. Fields his due credit for the comparison.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

D98115B7-E20D-426B-9F88-B617B7B53D1B.jpeg

This 1932 Auburn 8-100A Speedster was restored in the early 1990's by a local Ford Dealer and his very capable shop staff including my cousin hereĀ in Western New York.Ā  Glad to see it is in the possession of an appreciative conservator.

• Like 6

Amelia doesnā€™t call out cars like many other shows. First in class, and then 2end and third are ā€œAmeliaā€ awards. Place a car on the field, and see how ā€œeasyā€ it is to get an award. Itā€™s a huge show.....and most people go home empty handed. I see stunning cars get absolutely nothing..........ourĀ class of eight cars was probably the most difficult of all of them. Every car was 100 points. After fifty years of club and show activities, there was a car I had never seen before. A Murphy bodied Hudson, and the restoration was magnificent. We were parked next to it. Have a car? TryĀ and get a parking space on the grass at Pebble or Amelia..........chances are less than one percent. There is a reason they say itā€™s an honor just to be asked to show a car. The Hispano class was also asinine...........a fantastic selection, and any car in the class would rightfully be called a masterpiece. My choice for best of show didnā€™t cut it..........it did win, but it didnā€™t take BOS. It was a fantastic event, great fun, and it felt good to be back to the show circuit. Lots of new friends stopped by to say hello......many from this site. I havenā€™t been to a better show.........and I have been to them all.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

This in Hemmings.Ā Seems from the loooong list of award winners that almostĀ every entrant must have won a prize!šŸ¤”

Ā 

Ā 

My guess is about 1 in 3 win something.Ā Ā  The issue you have as the organizer in this case is that literally every car is special or the best of the best and you want to try to recognize as many as you can.Ā Ā Ā  Remember,Ā  showing a car is a tremendous pain in the a**.Ā Ā  Forget the expense part.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I have a buddy who had a really expensive (borderline 7 figures at the time) cool car back 10-15 years ago.Ā Ā  One summer he got invited to Bob Bahre's private show.Ā Ā  This was like a mini Amelia or Pebble as the quality of cars there is insane.Ā Ā  He ended up winning something like "Best Interior" which was presented by Bob's wife Sandy and she said something nice things to my friend when she presented the trophy.Ā Ā  He was very happy and hauling a car 4 hours away and killing a weekend was worth it.Ā Ā  That little tin cup sits prominently on his trophy shelf next to some BOS awards.

Ā 

Now,Ā  the next summer he takes the same car to the Hemmings "Concours".Ā Ā  I'm using quotations on purpose.Ā Ā Ā  Instead of being the 30th car out of 50,Ā  he probably has the 1st, 2nd or third best car out of 150 there.Ā Ā Ā  But the classes make no sense,Ā Ā  the judges are boobs and he wins nothing.Ā Ā  Best of show was something that might make nice weekend driver.Ā Ā Ā Ā  He is still pissed about that weekend - mostly because he felt he was a moron for bringing that level car to a cruise night.Ā Ā Ā  He felt he should have brought one of this musclecars instead.

• Like 2

Ā 

11 hours ago, edinmass said:

Amelia doesnā€™t call out cars like many other shows. First in class, and then 2end and third are ā€œAmeliaā€ awards. Place a car on the field, and see how ā€œeasyā€ it is to get an award. Itā€™s a huge show.....and most people go home empty handed. I see stunning cars get absolutely nothing..........ourĀ class of eight cars was probably the most difficult of all of them. Every car was 100 points. After fifty years of club and show activities, there was a car I had never seen before. A Murphy bodied Hudson, and the restoration was magnificent. We were parked next to it. Have a car? TryĀ and get a parking space on the grass at Pebble or Amelia..........chances are less than one percent. There is a reason they say itā€™s an honor just to be asked to show a car. The Hispano class was also asinine...........a fantastic selection, and any car in the class would rightfully be called a masterpiece. My choice for best of show didnā€™t cut it..........it did win, but it didnā€™t take BOS. It was a fantastic event, great fun, and it felt good to be back to the show circuit. Lots of new friends stopped by to say hello......many from this site. I havenā€™t been to a better show.........and I have been to them all.

As someone who helped start a show that generally was considered top tier, The Elegance at Hershey,Ā  and as one of the three judges for Ed's insane class I got to tell you he is dead on. There were some terrific cars in his class and we debated for some time on the results.Ā  Some very nice cars went home with nothing at all despite an incredible amount of expense and timeĀ  taking part in this CHARITY event.Ā  All true concours have a significant award program, it is a must when you haveĀ  so many magnificent cars in attendance but it is far from a participation award.Ā  My favorite car won aĀ class award, it may be one of my most favorite cars in the last 15 years and it did not win a special award.Ā  So whateverĀ awards handed out areĀ  in fact deserving to those cars and owners that attend.Ā  Amelia is my favorite show as well and has interested crowds and a ton of real cars guys showing their vehicles.Ā  Oh and the race car section is INSANE, too!

Ā 

Just because a show calls themselves a concours does not mean they are in the truest sense of the word.Ā  Not a knock on them but some shows do not match the quality of the fields you get a Amelia, Pebble, St. Johns, and the like.Ā  Of course, doing that is extremely difficult.Ā Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Now,Ā  the next summer he takes the same car to the Hemmings "Concours"....andĀ he wins nothing.Ā  Ā  He is still [miffed]Ā about that weekend - mostly because he felt he was a moron for bringing that level car to a cruise night.Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

Al, someone in the situation you describe should see

the higher purpose in owning and enjoying cars!

Even though a car doesn't get a trophy, and the owner

might not feel his efforts are appreciated, his efforts

ARE appreciated by the many onlookers who got to

see and learn about that car.Ā  Lesser shows need

good cars, too.

• Like 2

I am a long time car guy that has rebuilt four or five cars in my garage. Great drivers I had a lot of fun doing and driving. They were done to a good driving level and maybe a few were decent cars & coffee good cars.Ā Ā Iā€™ve gone to a few of the Lexington concours events and have enjoyed them very much. They usually draw a few cars thatĀ might be called top level cars but not THE top level cars. The owners all are very proud of what they have done and should feel that way. The shows were always interesting but not outstanding.Ā This was my first Amelia attendance and it was unbelievable. The pictures do not do any of the cars justice. The level of restoration you see in person is beyond what a normal car guy like me would be considered very good. One well known (will not mention his name) described his car as a driver that probably should not have been there. This car was immaculate even after the tour drive. We talked for awhile (very down to earth likable guy that had no problem taking time and talking with a nobody like me) and he said the car would be used on tours for a year or so after this then under go a correct restoration.Ā Some of these owners just canā€™t believe they have done enough to receive an award. They seem to feel other cars deserve it more. The judges have an awesome responsibility in choosing a class or show winner with that level of car being shown. There were cars there that got a nice reconnection and probably every one of them would be the BOS at a local show as they were absolutely outstanding examples of quality workmanship.Ā 
The awards given are not like the peewee participation ribbons that have become the standard in everyday life it seems. They are for exceptional craftsmanship at the very highest level.Ā 
Find a way to go to a major show like Amelia or the Elegance atĀ Hershey (I assume it is on this level) or Pebble ( better have saved a few bucks for this one) and enjoy this level of perfection in person. It should be on every car guys/gals bucket list.Ā 
dave sĀ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Ā 

Al, someone in the situation you describe should see

the higher purpose in owning and enjoying cars!

Even though a car doesn't get a trophy, and the owner

might not feel his efforts are appreciated, his efforts

ARE appreciated by the many onlookers who got to

see and learn about that car.Ā  Lesser shows need

good cars, too.

John, no disagreement from me. Ā And the spectators are almost always great. Ā  I think my buddy was just mad at himself for not researching that particular show and bringing something more appropriate.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

Mr.A.J.Ā 

any detailĀ pics of the 1926 Packard Roadster next to the V16?

Jim

Ā 

Manny was next to the car and I talked to him about it.Ā Ā  The buyer was picking the car up from the show field.

Ā 

https://dragoneclassic.com/currentofferings/1926-packard-243-custom-roadster/

Ā 

This is a fantastic custom roadster that was built special for the New York auto salon in 1926 by Rollston of New York. Built on the 143 inch wheelbaseĀ it is amazingly beautiful with a long low look (Packard factory roadsters were not offered on this long wheelbase,Ā only on theirĀ shorter 136 inch wheelbase). Most of the trim and hardware is German Silver, it has buffalo wire wheels, dual rear mounted spare wheels, Carl Zeiss lamps etc.. It was listed in the CCCA registry back into the early 1970's and we purchased it from a long time collector in Alabama. Upon our acquisitionĀ we gave it a complete restoration. It is fantastic. A car never shown before and that has not been seen anywhere for the past 50 years

Ā 

DSC_0357.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is the Packard with the judging team in the rear of the photo. Steve M is clearly identifiable in the photo......notice the hundred dollar billsĀ being tucked into the pockets of the judges......NOW I AM IN TROUBLE!

Ā 

I'm hidden behind Manny Dragone twoĀ people over from Steve. The class was full of fantastic cars that anyĀ one of which Ā could have taken a first place..........and several were Best of Show contenders in any normal show or club event. Unless yo have actually participated in one of the "Big Three" it's hard to explain. Many years ago I was at Meadowbrook, and was thrilled that I would "win the class" with my car.........wasn't much competition. There were two empty slots that the cars weren't coming.........well, last minute, they got put on a plane from Europe, and showed up just in time for judging.........I got third, and rightfully so. Such is the way when you play with the Big Dogs!

Ā 

Ā 

db64935e-52ad-132c-04f6-28fd18bf7152.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

DSC_0368

Ā 

I had to call about next months swap meet and saw this photo on the website. Saw the stork, cowl louvers and overall drop dead good looks and thought it was a Hispano Suzia.

Ā 

Note sure what the deal is with the hood ornament but I was wondering the same thing.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, alsancle said:

A concours is no different than a cruise night. Ā 

I tend toĀ agree, which is why I havenā€™t bothered much with latter for years/decades any more.

Mostly same cars in static display for few hours (some even transported to/fromĀ in trailers), some participants expecting trinkets or trophyā€™s andĀ evenĀ getting pi**ed if not ā€œawardedā€ one,Ā then everyone goes home ?!?
And as far as Iā€™ve heard, at least around here thereā€™s just too many to even keep track of, not to mention umpteen million C & Cs (allegedly half a dozen or soĀ just in Riverside alone),Ā etc.

When (and where) I got into this hobby 4+ decades ago, ā€œcruise nightā€ (or entire weekend) meant semi-aimlessly driving around in a cool (or any) car for the whole night (or entire weekend), often,Ā for the change of scenery,Ā inĀ various big cities, town, villages and routes in between,Ā making briefĀ stops for fuel, food/drinks (including adult beverages, since it was legal for anyone over 18 y.o. but the driver to consume them in a moving or parkedĀ vehicles on public roads/streets), meeting car buddies/friends/opposite sex/etcĀ along the way and some occasional un-sanctioned ā€œstreet racesā€ sprinkled in between,Ā although this wasnā€™t very popular Ā because most of us frowned upon since if any accidents happened, LEO presence grew exponentially on the streets for several weeks or longer.

Ā 

Heck, some weekends our mostly ā€˜50s/ā€˜60s full-size AmericanĀ carsĀ got started early Friday evening and didnā€™t got shut-off until Sunday night. And mind you, the cost of fuel was about 5-6 times of that in the U.S. at the time, but even with veryĀ limited personal discretionary budgets, weĀ didnā€™t care.
We had cars for driving, not for static display and if you didnā€™t drive yours ā€œoftenā€ or ā€œenoughā€(?) you were quickly labeled as ā€œjust a poserā€.

Ā 

Due to Alaska-like climate, the cruising season was of course often only 3-4 months and if your pride-and-joy weekendĀ cruiser/ride exhibited anyĀ problems during those months, you begged, borrowed and got help from your car buddies to get whatever it was fixed during late nights of the week, so itā€™ll be ready for cruisingĀ by next Friday. Major overhauls/rebuilds/restorationsĀ wereĀ conductedĀ off-season.

Ā 

No trophies awarded or expected. Just good times by enjoying the cars as intended, by driving,Ā and what I still preferĀ today.

Maybe itā€™s a cultural backgroundĀ difference ?

Ā 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, alsancle said:

Ā Just an excuse to go hang out with buddies and talk about stuff of mutual interest.

If itĀ truly was just ā€œto hang out with buddies and talk about stuff of mutual interestā€,Ā why bother with judging & trophies ?

Ā 

OTOH, if I ever came across PBĀ winning type car randomly/unexpectedlyĀ being driven on someĀ road in-the-middle-of-nowhere, I for one would do my best to catch up/turn around/whatever toĀ express/offer my sincerest admiration and respect.Ā 
Ā 

P.S. In spite of some ofĀ my perhapsĀ harshly worded comments and questions, I hope readers understand theyā€™re not directed at anyone specifically, but offered/shared more in general terms as alternative views of this hobby of ours.

Ā 

BesidesĀ just working on vintage carsĀ full-time, I also exhibit some on behalf or together with my clients (kind of like edinmass) and receive invitation to themĀ judge*Ā at some regional, national and international events, but donā€™t care to show my own cars for aforementioned reasons.
Theyā€™re for me to enjoy (by driving)Ā and I donā€™t care whether others approve of or like them. If they do, great, but if not, no big deal.

Ā 

* Although with too much and too often seeing politics involved, I donā€™t think I can do it too much longer.

Whatā€™s the point if/whenĀ you have to ask yourself ā€œWhatā€™s the point ?ā€.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

The hobby has three hundred different ways you can enjoy it. Some like the show field, others touring. Many just hoard and hide their cars..........me, I just want to drive them. I have 100 point cars and fifty point cars...........I don't desire to judge them. Works for me. Others never drive their cars, and only take them places by trailer. Both are just as reasonable and enjoyable......just differences in what one likes. The car we showed at Amelia did 70 miles that week on the tour and around the island. I has not been extensively toured by us, as we have several cars, and we like to show them before we drive them. In the last few years I have ridden and driven in Model J's thousands of miles........952 of them in four and a half days two months ago. You can show them and drive them, we do it all the time.......but it takes lots of time and some money to keep cars 100 points and driving. Eventually they start to show wear.......and you can always restore them agin if you so choose. I enjoy sharing my cars with other people.......I just don't choose to do it on the show field. Ā I do it in the Home Depot parking lot, Dunkin Doughnuts lot, In and Out Burger Lot......ect. I think nothing of driving my 104 year old car out to dinner, the store, or along the ocean. The best time I ever had? When four little children jumped out of a Dodge van, and the kids all from age three to seven yelled "CHITTY"! And jumped up on the running board of a Model J. The kids began to sing the song....and I joined in.......and then when the parents realized I wasn't going to have a stroke.......they sang the song also. Seems they like to watch the movie in the van and sing the songs as a family. It was the best moment I have had in fifty years of old cars......children smiling with pure joy, dancing and singing on the running board.....of a Pebble Best of Show winner. It was worth more than the value of the car. I only wish I had a video. Share your cars, give people rides in them, and MOST importantly treat it like it's a car.....not an object of art. They have wheels for a reason. The best car in the world? Anything that floats your boat properly sorted and serviced, and being enjoyed going down the road. And the 952 miles in four days with a J? Some were dirt and gravel roads.........so we repainted the bottoms of the fenders when we got home........noĀ big deal. I can tell you this........we were having a lot more fun than the guys who trailer them and hoard them and keep them hidden. Do me a favor....take your car out and drive it....it's good for you, and good for the car. Have fun, life is short.Ā 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, edinmass said:

... MOST importantly treat it like it's a car.....not an object of art. They have wheels for a reason.

....take your car out and drive it....it's good for you, and good for the car. Have fun, life is short.Ā 

+ 100000000000000000000000000.....

Lot of good thoughts Ed, but what you saw as $100 bills were the singles you tried to give us.Ā  The other class participants were far more generous! :)Ā Ā 

Ā 

As to the Packard, there was a lot of discussion on the car and as far as our judging team is concerned our deliberations are confidential.Ā  However, we were given a history lesson on the car which had several unique features such as the German Silver, radiator cap mascot and other things.Ā  It was a very nice car and the new owner is ecstaticĀ to have it.

Ā 

As much as Ed and I like to tease each other I will be serious on my next comments.Ā  I LOVE the Lehrman Collection as it is unique in the way it is handled.Ā  Thanks to Ed all the cars are completely operational and ready to be driven on a moments notice.Ā  They ARE driven!Ā  All the cars have great provenance, if not incredible provenance with fabulous stories of their past.Ā  They all look as good as the run and run as good as they look.Ā  It is a very carefully curated collection and kudos should be given to Mr. Lehrman for assembling such a great array of cars.Ā  This is a collection that has it all and does it all.Ā  Big respect!

• Like 6

I think we need to be careful that reverse snobbery doesn't sneak in to our thoughts.Ā Ā Ā  There are guys with Model A Fords and Mustangs that are every bit as in to the judging aspect as guys with million dollar cars.Ā Ā  Many of those million dollar cars end up on tours when their show days are done.Ā Ā  Every guy has there own thing.Ā Ā  I like to find unique stuff and then hide it from everybody else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Lot of good thoughts Ed, but what you saw as $100 bills were the singles you tried to give us.Ā  The other class participants were far more generous! :)Ā Ā 

Ā 

As to the Packard, there was a lot of discussion on the car and as far as our judging team is concerned our deliberations are confidential.Ā  However, we were given a history lesson on the car which had several unique features such as the German Silver, radiator cap mascot and other things.Ā  It was a very nice car and the new owner is ecstaticĀ to have it.

Ā 

As much as Ed and I like to tease each other I will be serious on my next comments.Ā  I LOVE the Lehrman Collection as it is unique in the way it is handled.Ā  Thanks to Ed all the cars are completely operational and ready to be driven on a moments notice.Ā  They ARE driven!Ā  All the cars have great provenance, if not incredible provenance with fabulous stories of their past.Ā  They all look as good as the run and run as good as they look.Ā  It is a very carefully curated collection and kudos should be given to Mr. Lehrman for assembling such a great array of cars.Ā  This is a collection that has it all and does it all.Ā  Big respect!

Yes I agree, the Lehman collection is special. Ā Not only some of the greatest cars, or damned close to it, but being driven and Ā appreciated. Ā A match made in heaven when Sam found Ed, but itā€™s not that simple. Ā Edā€™s knowledge of heavy metal is extraordinary, and the fact that the knowledge wasĀ united with a person who gets it...fabulous, and rare beyond belief.

Ā 

Whatā€™s so special about our hobby, the friends we treasure .

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 8

David you last line says it all . The cars and their history bring us together and are preserved so all can see; but most of us may admit that it is our friends we met and made because of the common interest in the cars that keep us going, our spirits alive. You inherit your relatives and pick your friends. I have been in the old car interest ( I never call it a hobby because that word hobby immediately brings to mind the word horse afterward) many decades - long enough to go from beingĀ  the relative who was " a kook or a bit weird' because I liked old cars ( and my parents were too because they let me keep the interest) to being the "rich eccentric" who invested wisely in old cars that were then worth a lot of money.Ā  They just didn't get it , then nor now. It is not about the $ , you can't buy the friendships you have made for any amount of money. How else would we have met the people who live 3,000 miles away, across oceans etc. the common bond of old cars. My ability to share the history of the cars and how they were made by what I write is just an added bonus for me to see people happy by what they may learn.

25 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Ā Whatā€™s so special about our hobby, the friends we treasure .

Once again David's words say it all.

Walt

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Yes I agree, the Lehman collection is is special. Ā Not only some of the greatest cars, or damned close to it, but being driven and Ā appreciated. Ā A match made in heaven when Sam found Ed, but itā€™s not that simple. Ā Edā€™s knowledge of heavy metal is extraordinary, and the fact that the knowledge wasĀ united with a person who gets it...fabulous, and rare beyond belief.

Ā 

Whatā€™s so special about our hobby, the friends we treasure .

Hits the nail on the head. One more comment Mr Lehrman must be a special person as he allows Ed to share that knowledge andĀ experience with others, and Ed seems to really enjoy doing that.Ā 

If you don't get Manny's emails,Ā  here is a before and after on the Best of Show along with some history.

Ā 

The 2021 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance has come to an end and it was a fun event again as always. We recently sold our 1926 Packard 243 Custom Roadster with coachwork by Rollston of New York and delivered it to its new owner at Amelia where it took second in the 1920-1930 American Classics class. WhileĀ that is a fantastic car, we were pleased to also see a number of great cars that we have previously owned and sold in the past including the Best of Show winning 1926 Hispano Suiza H6B Cabriolet with coachwork by Henri Chapron that we purchased from a mailman on Long Island a number of years ago. I remember as a young kid climbing over piles of stuff in his very tiny garage behind his house to see the car with my dad! Other cars that we have previously owned and sold included the very original Ex-Thomas Kerr 1920 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Roadster with coachwork by Barker, the Ex-D.Cameron Peck 1909 Baker Electric Roadster, and the 1936 Lancia Astura Short Wheelbase Cabriolet with coachwork by PininFarina that was shown at the 1936 Berlin Motor show! All pictured below. Continue reading below about my ride home...

unnamed(2).jpg

unnamed(1).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazing transformation of the car with correct colors and tasteful choices of top and leather. Notice the white walls fell off a cliff. Putting a car back to how it was delivered new is 99.9 percent of the time the best way to go..........collectors and restorers do not have better taste or judgment than the craftsmen and designers who actually built them. Hunt down the history, provenance, and put it back the way it was new........and you will win trophies if thatā€™s your aim..........and resale in the future will be ten times easier when the car is simply.......correct. I love my Model T. I searched for it for years, and carefully selected it from at least 50 or 60 I looked at. I enjoy it as much as my Pierce Arrows, White, and the unknown mystery car. Speaking of which, of the three known survivors........I met the owner of one at Amelia. Had a ā€œbrothers by another motherā€ moment. Another new good friend that I just met. We plan on sharing history and scholarship on them soon.......more to learn! You donā€™t need an expensive car to enjoy the hobby, history, and era that you find interesting. Fact is, except for the top 1/10 of one percent.....cars are more affordable now than in the past thirty years........

Ā 

Ā 

The 1926 Hispano went from ā€œBarf of Showā€ to ā€œBest of Showā€ with a correct restoration. What more can be said? I would have walked past the car in the earlier colors without taking a second look. I spent half an hour staring at it on the field. It spoke to me......and Iā€™m an American car guy.Ā 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Jut so you do not think there wereĀ ALL great cars at Amelia.Ā  Our ugly duckling joined the crowd to look over longingly at the Cadillac and a great custom bodiedĀ Hudson among the great class in front of us.Ā Ā 

Amelia back.jpg

I found your Stude fascinating, never have seen anything quite like it. The entire class was fun, interesting, and totally appropriate for todayā€™s battery cars that are in the news. Everything old is new again.Ā 
Ā 

One last comment......I donā€™t think I saw one ordinary car on the field Sunday, not one. That in of its self is beyond belief. Hell, I saw a Japanese car that was mildly interesting.......a first for me.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, md murray said:

Anybody have a full picture of that Murphy body Hudson? I came up empty trying to search the web.

Ā 

For some unknown reason I did not take any pictures of that car.Ā  Although I'm going to post some videos tonight and I believe it is in there.Ā Ā  I made a point of talking to the owner as the car looked to have a 500k restoration on it.Ā Ā Ā  Really nice.Ā Ā Ā Ā  He said it was done 12 years ago,Ā  they were from Indiana I believe.

• Like 1