1927 Buick Master 5 passenger coupe on craigslist in Brookfield NY for $3595

Seen worse for more money. 

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/d/brookfield-buick/7294860996.html

1927 Buick Master 5 passenger coupe. 6cylinder. 120” wheel base. Motor turns Greeley. Was in storage since 1995. Brought home recently. New wood was installed where needed. 
The best way to reach me is at home between 9pm and midnight at 203-775-2088.

01515_eT4OQu3EFD8z_0rP0CI_600x450-1.jpg

00909_bFHok6JbPAYz_0rP0CI_600x450.jpg

00u0u_fWk4gV15YJJz_0rP0CI_600x450.jpg

00I0I_gdoyLODXVHQz_0rP0CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

Well it was on the NY craigslist,  so I figured when it just said Brookfield it had to be some place in NY.  Atleast I took the time to copy the whole ad, the link and the photos.  Alot better than just saying hey there is an old car on an east coast craigslist,  you find it. 

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, Flivverking said:

It's Brookfield Connecticut.

Who proof reads their Craigs postings?...only an anal spelling Nazi does.

To shirt life ,opps ,to short life to bother.

Ya just rip off an ad ,quick and dirty and cross your fingers.

Well, actually, I sort of think of myself as a "Typo" Nazi. My father was a dyslexic proof reader for the Minneapolis Star and Tribune. As bizarre as that sounds, it's true. While he may have had occasional difficulty getting letters in their proper order when he created text, he could recognize errors easily in existing text.

I guess I am an anal spelling nazi. In my experience, sloppy ads correspond to sloppy/poor condition items and significant omissions of fact in the description. I’m not talking about a single autocorrect miss like “Greeley”, that happens to all of us now and then. I mean the ones with multiple errors and no punctuation. Your mileage may vary.

As to this car, I like it. The price is certainly tempting. It’s not too far away from me either.

Anyone know specific areas or items to look for on this particular model?

Thanks Auburnseeker for posting it. 

- John

120 inch wheelbase would be the shorter Master series, which would be correct for a coupe. 128 inch carried the larger sedans and larger touring cars. So if he is accurate about the wheelbase? It is a Buick Master. I wish I could see some other detail to corroborate that, but the few details I know do not show up in the photos. The standard (smaller) series had a wheelbase of about 116/117inches for all body styles.

• Like 1

You are welcome!

I am just glad it is three thousand miles away from me. I had to sell my last good antique a few years ago for family needs. I really want to get something good, but cannot afford to buy anything right now. And I love those mid-1920s Buicks! They are excellent tour cars if somewhat well sorted, and the Master is a good step up from the standard. I have had several good friends that toured extensively with Buick Master sixes, and they all loved them! I know this car needs quite a bit of work yet (I can see it in the photos, bad as they are), but IF the body is reasonably solid? (A big IF!) That could be a good car for not a whole lot of money?

I love that body style, by whichever of several names they can be called. I have known several people that owned those and called them 'Opera Coupes'. They are sometimes also called a 'four passenger' coupe.

Enjoy the process of bringing this gem back to the world of open highways! For many of us crazies, that is half the fun. 

Congratulations Pat and welcome to the 20s Buick world. We are at your disposal for help.

We will look forward to the account of your journey.  My daughter lives in Conn. How far did you have to go to get this car?

Below is a photo of a 1926 model 48 at the 2020 AACA Grand National at Gettysburg. Possibly a bit of incentive.

1922888920_Gettysburg2020_10.thumb.jpg.a40846c095703c4b064ddadba7fed853.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Pat!  Sorry to hear the block is cracked in your Buick... 

Can it be repaired? 

Maybe by stitching or welding? 

Or, would it have to be taken totally apart to do so? 

Have you advertised for a better engine?  There may be one waiting for you out there somewhere! 

Good luck!  Greg in Alexandria VA

My block was cracked in both the water jacket and the oil galley. Thanks to a member here I was able to come up with another straight 8 for a very reasonable price. Please don't be in a hurry to part out that car as I'm sure someone would love to own and work on it.