Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

7 hours ago, edinmass said:

D5FDA1C4-1674-42D6-9758-8E0B234E52A0.png

Hey Ed, great idea.  If you get a rig like this, you can get rid of all those trailers and tow vehicles.  And you can legally carry 2 more passengers in the rear vehicle. :)  Come to think of it, that's how I carried a Harley a little over 3k miles, from Duluth to Cocoa Beach, via NY...piggy back on my Escalade.

Edited by George Cole (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, E-116-YH said:

Hello Alsancle,

Don't give up, just keep looking! I spent five or six years trying to find a 1930 New York Automobile Show catalog but it paid off. Now I am seeking a 1930 Boston Automobile Show catalog and I won't give up.

Page #1a .jpg

Any great cutaway shots you can share?

Great to see the auto show program! thanks. There was a big big difference between the annual Salon and annual Auto Show. Different locations in the same city and the salon was not open for the general public to attend it was by invitation only.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

Auto show chassis are always cool.......how about a current photo? 

Detailed chassis and cutaway engines and components have always been interesting to look at; even today.  

A notable chassis would be Studebakers gold-plated chassis from 1916/7. (Ads for it pop up from time to time on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1916-VTG-Antique-Automobile-Centerfold-Print-Ad-Studebaker-Golden-Chassis/264967184800?hash=item3db14661a0:g:H9kAAOSw-LJeRI7h )

Another is the clear Plexiglas 1940 Pontiac sedan which still survives.

Craig

• Like 1

7 hours ago, E-116-YH said:

Hello Edinmass,

At the moment it is pulled apart but I have a few images of a few of the bits. I didn't take too many pictures before I put allot of it in storage. I hope they are enough to show you that I am not talking out my butt. These days people on the internet can say all kinds of stories, you know what I mean. 

pok 004.JPG

pok 005.JPG

pok 006.JPG

1930 DC-8 Cut-away Generator 001.JPG

1930 DC-8 Cut-away Generator 002.JPG

IMG_518bhg8.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

Neat stuff..........I always wanted to try and make a cut away engine, but the time involved to do it correctly is almost unimaginable. You car looks great. Never doubted you. Restoring that chassis will be as much work as doing an entire car.......certainly worth it. Best, Ed.

• Like 3

What make and year is this automobile?  The windshield has supporting rods, but the folding top has no stabilizing fasteners at the front.  The top appears to be one large air scoop.  The usual top bows can not be detected while there is a Rube Goldberg of supporting irons on the sides.  Is this an after market top on the car?

367439654_191248.thumb.jpg.b14eac1e8b169ce8951b311ed7244f97.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, LCK81403 said:

What make and year is this automobile?  The windshield has supporting rods, but the folding top has no stabilizing fasteners at the front.  The top appears to be one large air scoop.  The usual top bows can not be detected while there is a Rube Goldberg of supporting irons on the sides.  Is this an after market top on the car?

367439654_191248.thumb.jpg.b14eac1e8b169ce8951b311ed7244f97.jpg

Looks fine to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, twin6 said:

It's a 1912 Pierce Arrow, model 48.  I'm with Bob, I'd find garage space for it as is.

I know where an IDENTICAL car is parked, in the origional carriage house. It hasn't run since the war. I have been trying to buy it since the 80's. It's the last great car I have been trying to land most of my life. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I know where an IDENTICAL car is parked, in the origional carriage house. It hasn't run since the war. I have been trying to buy it since the 80's. It's the last great car I have been trying to land most of my life. 

I hope you can get it. Took me 40 years to track down a car I've wanted ever since I got a ride in it. Can't be bought, owner has money and more isn't a motivator. Bob 

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Here's a better look at that 1933 Packard Twelve Dietrich Sport Phaeton:

'33 Packard Twelve Dietrich phaeton.jpg

The first CCCA Grand Classic I ever attended while still a teenager, I was looking at the Dick Dewey 1932 Dietrich that is now in the Bahre collection in Maine. While admiring the rear flip up wind wing........,a gentleman came over to me and showed me how it worked, and explained he designed it in 1930 at the university of Michigan in the automotive engineering program as part of his graduation requirement. I was too young to get his name or take a picture.........thus a small piece of history is lost to time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Colin Spong said:

1937 Packard 120-C with coachwork by Henri Chapron of Paris. Photographed in London in 1970s . Current whereabouts unknown.

Chapron 001 (3).jpg

Should be easy to locate with just one phone call. I have a suspicion of where it is......or a similar one too it.