Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

ED, the photos are wonderful and the buildings in the background are GREAT. I love older architecture that uses cast stone work etc. Magnificent ! - so much better the aluminum , plastic and tinted glass.

Eric the winter front and visor on the Packard were dealer accessories , and may have also been in factory accessory sales catalogs , I will check.

Thanks for the continuing comments and contributions everyone! It just keeps getting better!  ( yes I am happy today - sun is out here on ling island, no wind, and it is dry. Another day closer to the season of getting the cars back out to use)

Walt

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, A. Ballard 35R said:

img096.jpg

Now if we could get someone with a similar car or something like it to give kids this age a ride like shown here it would etch a great time in their minds forever. I taught 1,100 kids per week that age 5 1/2 days a week for nearly 40 years and they indeed are impressionable and remember the good things in life. GREAT PHOTO, thanks Alan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Another angle of a Spyker.. 

may have been posted but still a very interesting shot

spy1-760x545.jpg

fabulous. If you haven’t seen this video of a 1906 Spyker.. work it into your day. Great craftsmanship. Worth your time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

135659734_10208691038629402_1214496941058239771_n.jpg

Arrow Transfer still very much alive in Vancouver BC. Photo taken June 14, 1935 by Stuart Thompson, the same person who photographed the Doane lowloader photos seen earlier on this topic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

1908_Spyker_30-42_HP_tourer.jpg

Having spent some time trying to work out where I had seen this photo before and what the car was, I noticed that by clicking on the photo it comes up with a caption - 1908 Spyker 30-42 hp.

An acquaintance here in NZ has a smaller car, a 15-22,  from 1907.

07 Spyker at Pigeon Bay 2019.jpg

21 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Bob, thanks for the link to the QCMC overview. As I believe you know, the previous post of the 1908 Packard with the QCMC pennant shows the driver, P.D. Folwell, who was president of the QCMC in 1908 when the club sponsored the first of the Fairmount Park races. He was a speaker at the first AACA banquet and hosted the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th AACA meets at his Merion, Pa. house.