Period images to relieve some of the stress

17 minutes ago, twin6 said:

It's a 1912 Pierce Arrow, model 48.  I'm with Bob, I'd find garage space for it as is.

I know where an IDENTICAL car is parked, in the origional carriage house. It hasn't run since the war. I have been trying to buy it since the 80's. It's the last great car I have been trying to land most of my life. 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I know where an IDENTICAL car is parked, in the origional carriage house. It hasn't run since the war. I have been trying to buy it since the 80's. It's the last great car I have been trying to land most of my life. 

I hope you can get it. Took me 40 years to track down a car I've wanted ever since I got a ride in it. Can't be bought, owner has money and more isn't a motivator. Bob 

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Here's a better look at that 1933 Packard Twelve Dietrich Sport Phaeton:

'33 Packard Twelve Dietrich phaeton.jpg

The first CCCA Grand Classic I ever attended while still a teenager, I was looking at the Dick Dewey 1932 Dietrich that is now in the Bahre collection in Maine. While admiring the rear flip up wind wing........,a gentleman came over to me and showed me how it worked, and explained he designed it in 1930 at the university of Michigan in the automotive engineering program as part of his graduation requirement. I was too young to get his name or take a picture.........thus a small piece of history is lost to time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Colin Spong said:

1937 Packard 120-C with coachwork by Henri Chapron of Paris. Photographed in London in 1970s . Current whereabouts unknown.

Chapron 001 (3).jpg

Should be easy to locate with just one phone call. I have a suspicion of where it is......or a similar one too it.

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

Rare photo of a car with side curtains and a unusual Packard.

AF4BF138-4E86-41A4-9001-B97EFFC8EA22.png

That is a very attractive car. The horizontally oriented winterfront louvers are interesting as is the presence of windshield visor on an open car.

• Like 1

ED, the photos are wonderful and the buildings in the background are GREAT. I love older architecture that uses cast stone work etc. Magnificent ! - so much better the aluminum , plastic and tinted glass.

Eric the winter front and visor on the Packard were dealer accessories , and may have also been in factory accessory sales catalogs , I will check.

Thanks for the continuing comments and contributions everyone! It just keeps getting better!  ( yes I am happy today - sun is out here on ling island, no wind, and it is dry. Another day closer to the season of getting the cars back out to use)

Walt

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, A. Ballard 35R said:

img096.jpg

Now if we could get someone with a similar car or something like it to give kids this age a ride like shown here it would etch a great time in their minds forever. I taught 1,100 kids per week that age 5 1/2 days a week for nearly 40 years and they indeed are impressionable and remember the good things in life. GREAT PHOTO, thanks Alan.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Rolls Royce coachwork by Thrupp and Maberly circa 1937 from their dealer display card album of current body styles they had to offer.

RRPIIITHrupMaberly1937001.jpg

Edited by Walt G
correction to comment (see edit history)
13 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Another angle of a Spyker.. 

may have been posted but still a very interesting shot

spy1-760x545.jpg

fabulous. If you haven’t seen this video of a 1906 Spyker.. work it into your day. Great craftsmanship. Worth your time. 

• Like 1