Period images to relieve some of the stress

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

AJ, if you buy this car, I am NOT sorting it for driving on the street. The real question is how many gallons to the mile? That fuel tank looks real small........

Daytona Beach 1929.

D8B16A02-484E-4742-A48D-2852A94B4ADD.png

That's insane...  

I love the s*($ eating grin on the mechanics face  Would love to know what he was thinking in this photo.

3 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

That's insane...  

I love the s*($ eating grin on the mechanics face  Would love to know what he was thinking in this photo.

I can tell you exactly what he’s thinking.........this big piece of sxxt is NEVER going to run right. 

• Haha 1

Here is an interesting photo taken in 1916 of Joseph White in his 1912 Moon Roadster according to writing on back of photo. Question for Walt G. - do you think that this is the same car that Austin Clark owned in 1948 and was shown at Pebble in 2016 when it was owned by Leland and Marissa Powels ?

img390.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got to see the former Henry Austin Clark Moon at Pebble Beach, never knew it was an unrestored car all these years. Think  it differs from the one in the above photo. It was on the 1950 Glidden Tour along with the 1912 T that is in my garage today. 

Bob 

DSCF1364.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
3 hours ago, coachJC said:

Interesting spot to hitch a ride.

FB_IMG_1609203590646.jpg

Based on the hands on the top support posts I'd say the family motto was "men and women first..  children in the back". 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

1919%20footy%20trip.jpg

South Morang is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The touring car is a Minerva which looks to be a high ground clearance 'colonial' model. Next to it I think is a Fiat Tipo 1.

The photo is tagged '1919 footy trip'. I suspect the footy referred to is probably Australian Rules Football.

Australian rules football - Wikipedia

• Like 2

The Russian language caption attached with this photo says this (the house/property) is the Tsar's residence in Minsk, Belarus, 1914-1917.  Belarus, also known as "White Russia", is an independent country today, but formerly was part of the Soviet Union after the fall of the Tsar Nicholas 2nd's Imperial government in 1917.  The Soviet Union disbanded in December, 1991, and Belarus became an independent country.  As did Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and other former republics.

Minsk Belarus Tsar's Residence Miensk,_Biełacarkoŭnaja._Менск,_Белацаркоўная_(1914-17)_(5).jpg

• Like 2
On 1/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, Walt G said:

OK, I have had a chance to look up in my collection/run of Motor Show souvenir programs ( more fun to do then watch a ball drop on TV in Times Square) The 23rd International Motor Exhibition took place in the Olympia exhibition hall on October 17-26, 1929 in London England. The annual show was sponsored by the Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders Ltd.

The program is 3/4 " thick 6 x 91/2" in size with 488 Pages! weighs about a half a pound. The car you see here was on the exhibit stand ( No. 125) of Malcolm Campbell ( London) Ltd. who was located at Byron House , St. James Street, London in the South West section of that city. He had three Duesenberg's on display - this convertible sedan that they called an 'All-Weather' and it was painted in black and silver. they also had a limousine with Barker body painted in black and gray, as well as a display chassis . the surrounding exhibit stands on all four sides were Citroen, Lagonda, M.G., and O.M. cars. The stand was just inside to the right of the Addison Road entrance to the ground floor exhibit hall.

Hope this description isn't to detailed to put all of you to sleep.

There were a great many exhibits of American cars at all four Motor Shows that took place in Europe ( London, Berlin, Pairs and Brussels) and the advertisements that some of them took out in the programs and automobile magazines of Europe at the time are most interesting and give a great view of what it was like to see American cars in Europe. Many had European coachwork ( cheaper if it was an imported chassis to be shipped with no body as import tax was less - the same thing applied to cars coming into America at the time ( usually via the Port of NY)

OK I will stop - way to much information overload for one picture. This is turning to an article.

This would be a good topic to present in a seminar or talk : "Across the Pond - American Cars in Europe pre war" Geez , more projects.....................

Walt

This J Murphy Convertible sedan is J202 sold from the London Auto show to a Raj in India. Now exist only as a engine renumbered J541 and on Display at A.C.D museum

• Like 6