Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

5 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Here is an unusual one - Interior of a Packard Boattail Speedster & note the Earl C. Anthony Packard emblem on the dash (as well as a very rare Packard embossed leather key chain fob)

DW-1932-22-05-29-02-L.jpg.97c23d5e7aaebca569ecf16783864faa.jpg

DW-1932-22-05-29-01-L.jpg.d08ceb6663835b8ff1c098b99cd11c18.jpg

John, as you can surmise, these two photos are of incredible interest to me. Can you give me any information as to where these photos originated? From what I can tell, based on the Chevy I see through the windshield, the time period is certainly 1932 or later. If you could, I'd love to have the hi-res images emailed to me. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldcarfudd said:

CoachJC - Is that Al Acres's 1913 Cadillac?  He did a spectacular job of restoring it.  I haven't seen him and Karen at HCCA tours for quite a while.  Are they OK?

Yes that is Alfred's Caddy. Al and Karen are doing well. Spent some time this summer with them doing some movie shoots with our cars. I showed him these pics of his car this summer as he had never seen them before.

Edited by coachJC (see edit history)

West, if you think John has a lot of great photos he has been holding back, you should see what he has hidden in the garage!😎

• Like 2

RE Keiser31's Buick photo.  Yep, it's a '38 with the large grill bars.  Just like the attached photo of a '38, that conveniently has a ID plate on the right front bumber saying "1938 BUICK".

38 Buick 40 01.jpg

17 hours ago, West Peterson said:

John, as you can surmise, these two photos are of incredible interest to me. Can you give me any information as to where these photos originated? From what I can tell, based on the Chevy I see through the windshield, the time period is certainly 1932 or later. If you could, I'd love to have the hi-res images emailed to me. Thanks.

They were in plain sight, but not indexed well, so easy for people to just pass over them and not recognize the significance of the shifter angle and ...   - I actually posted them just for you on the fluke never seen (was hoping I stumbled into something, but the flip side of the coin would have been "everyone knows these exist").  I accidentally deleted the link, but I know where they came from and will find it for you. 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

Ira Vail in the H.D.Carpenter owned  122 MILLER  1925 INDY 500. I have the paperwork for running this car in the 1925 season, from the bill of sale for $6,500 (one year old car at the time) to the bill of sale to fellow Philadelphia MILLER owner M.A. Yagel at the end of the season. Bob 

DSCF6057.JPG

• Like 2

The two Pierce-Arrows, either Series 32 or 33, must have been a custom coach-built pair for the same client.  Notice the unusually long wheelbase and extremely wide rear door on the town car.  Both have the tall top-hat roofs and severe, upright appearances.  Surprising are the wire wheels on such formal cars.  Only the matching front bumpers which were likely aftermarket options look modern at all.   

Pierce-Arrow Man Ed, your comment and perspective on these two?

Pierce-Arrow dealership 1930 a - cropped.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The two Pierce-Arrows, either Series 32 or 33, must have been a custom coach-built pair for the same client.  Notice the unusually long wheelbase and extremely wide rear door on the town car.  Both have the tall top-hat roofs and severe, upright appearances.  Surprising are the wire wheels on such formal cars.  Only the matching front bumpers which were likely aftermarket options look modern at all.   

Pierce-Arrow Man Ed, your comment and perspective on these two?

Pierce-Arrow dealership 1930 a - cropped.jpg

Hotel shuttle cars?

The Peninsula Hotels have a fleet of green Rolls-Royces:  https://www.cntraveler.com/story/the-peninsula-hotels-long-history-with-rolls-royce

Craig