Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

7 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

A rare right hand drive speedster that turned up in South Est Asia somewhere (maybe Philippines???). There is a write up on it on line, somewhere.

You're very right, NZ.

It was in the Philippines a long time, went to the U.K. and was restored. Roger Learmonth owned it for several years. There was a story about the model in eclassicautos.com where Roger gave an owner's perspective on the car.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

17 hours ago, HK500 said:

1929 Packard Convertible coupe - possibly taken in Belgium - looks like a custom body, can't make out the coachbuilder tag on the lower cowl though. 700X20 Tires, and they don't look like the Packard headlamps. 

1929PackardBrux.jpg

Going on memory, I seem to recall in an issue of the Packard Club 'Cormorant' magazine, the coachbuilder was identified as Van Den Plas of Belgium.  The chassis was identified as a 1928 Model 443, the headlights were Marchals.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 7:05 PM, jeff_a said:

You're very right, NZ.

It was in the Philippines a long time, went to the U.K. and was restored. Roger Learmonth owned it for several years. There was a story about the model in eclassicautos.com where Roger gave an owner's perspective on the car.

I remembered where I had seen the story of this car.  The Philippine 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster and the Piggy | The Old Motor

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 5:20 PM, nzcarnerd said:

A rare right hand drive speedster that turned up in South Est Asia somewhere (maybe Philippines???). There is a write up on it on line, somewhere.

Yes the Philippines.   There is a complete story on the car in the ACD newsletter.

14 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

An unknown early car in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

May be an image of 5 people

Hard to believe the Civil War was only 35-40 years prior to this photo being taken. Good to see hope on the faces of the generation that came directly after all that insanity.

My great, great grandfather would have been in Fort Smith circa 1863. To me, seeing this photo is more encouraging than you realize.

• Like 3

More Packards in exotic lands - here's a '33 Packard V-12 Coupe-Roadster at an auto - and boat! show in Italy, with a '32 sedan behind it.  I wonder if the show program or article about that show still exists?  There are some other interesting cars hidden by foliage,  a la "Laugh-in". 

1933PackardRdstrItaly.jpg

• Like 9