Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

3 hours ago, twin6 said:

FDR in a Pierce, 1934.  I wonder where the radiator cap went.... maybe the car was running hot, or one of the secret service guys provided protection for it.

1934.JPG

Actually, I think it has a radiator cap.  My 1929 Pierce had an archer-less cap, that was quite good looking: Not flat, it had slight uplift towards the center. If I recall correctly, it was a large cap, probably 5 inches in diameter. How I miss that car! Great picture.

Phil

• Like 2

V-16 Zagato bodied Maserati. This car is now restored and  was at Pebble Beach 2019 along with three Zagato bodied Alfa Romeos, well worth the cross country trip to see, but realized all four live an hours drive from my house. Bob 

3-01_Maserati-V4-1932.jpg

1932-Zagato-Maserati-V4-Sport-16-Cilindri-4002-01.jpg

• Like 4

Something to start today off for all of you who like " images of cars of the era "- my sincere thanks to all of you who are staying with the theme and are not  posting current photos of cars/people/events here , it is the right thing to do and also considerate thing to do. 99% of you have kept with the theme and have the good manners to keep this as it was intended since it was started on March 12.

Here are two snapshots that I remembered I had. the town car is a 1905 Mercedes with the photo taken in Bayside, long island, N.Y. in the early 1950s or 1940s sometime. When I showed the photo to someone some years ago they mentioned to me that this car is now back in Europe.

The R-R is a 20 hp with some radical body modifications was taken in the Boston, Mass . area  at the latest in the early 1950s. This car still exists also and the last I heard was in England. AT the time the current owner heard I had this snapshot and was insistent/demanded that I make him a copy. I did but that demanding command to share put me off from helping anyone for some time.

EarlyMERCEDESbaysideny001.jpg

RR20hpfastbackBoston001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Walt! When our photo collection that you started gets abused that problem is eliminated by blocking that person that doesn't get it. My day then goes on and I'm in a happy mood. Thanks again for getting this collection started. Bob 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Great looking Roadster, hope someone can ID it. Bob

DSCF8062.JPG

Reminds me of a 1911 /12 can't remember the year of a Gar REO I was interested in and his price was outlandish. But it had a curtain for a windshield when needed. 

Dave you are most welcome, glad AACA is here to be our host to share stuff.  I have renewed or made a lot of great friendships since this got started.

It is all about 'the era' "the period" that existed 70+ years ago.

I believe it is making a lot of viewers really take the time to study and think about what they are looking at. After all it is a window to the past when the vehicles were new, gets ones curiosity going, makes history more meaningful, come alive . These are not recreations, they are the REAL DEAL you are there with that car or truck just as if you were there decades ago. Again, it makes history come alive for some of the things we know makes our lives happier, made us meet people we never , ever would have known otherwise. That does not happen often enough.

Walt

Edited by Walt G
added comment to clarify (see edit history)
  • Like 1