Museum Parts Collection mostly pre-war goodies

pkhammer

I would be interested in ANY or ALL of The Mascots. I'm also interested in large quantity buys of headlights and grille shells if yall are interested in doing that. Hell, I'll buy sections based on your photos individually 😂

I'm a younger enthusiast and collector from texas. I have a 4000sqft cl in mate controlled shop where I store everything on display. Illuminated shelving & everything! ;) I primarily collect 20s-30s Luxury cars and parts, Model A/T, and Pontiac GTO parts. Currently I have a 1929 Packard 626 Convertible Coupe, that I'm looking for numerous parts for my 1926 Cadillac Flathead V8 and a 1935 Lincoln Model K V12 (Both just engine & transmissions).

Going through box after box, is literally an almost euphoric experience for me. To say I have an infatuation with these ole gals if our past, would be a shameful understatement.

Please get back to me if looking to sell larger quantities, at least a collection of all of the mascots, and/or if you have any 20s-early 30s Packard parts, 1926 Cadillac V8 Heads, anything 1st Gen V12 Packard or Lincoln!

Thanks!

HotRodRob 

Facebook.com/RodsNRailsDTX

Someone much smarter than me needs to tell me about that "Bean" radiator shell. My curiosity is out of control! 

The only "Bean" automobile I found in the STANDARD CATALOG AMERICAN CARS 1902-1942 was made only in 1902. So, is this a custom-made radiator shell? Or from an uncatalogued car brand? 

32 minutes ago, lump said:

Someone much smarter than me needs to tell me about that "Bean" radiator shell. My curiosity is out of control! 

The only "Bean" automobile I found in the STANDARD CATALOG AMERICAN CARS 1902-1942 was made only in 1902. So, is this a custom-made radiator shell? Or from an uncatalogued car brand? 

Looks like it may be for a BEAN tractor.

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Looks like it may be for a BEAN tractor.

Couldn't find any photos online of a BEAN tractor, but I did find antique BEAN automobiles and trucks. They were made in England, and at one time in the 1920's they actually outsold Austin and Morris vehicles. But like most car companies, they didn't last. 

Yet, the few photos I found looked NOTHING like that wild-looking radiator shell. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HTRD ROB said:

I would be interested in ANY or ALL of The Mascots. I'm also interested in large quantity buys of headlights and grille shells if yall are interested in doing that. Hell, I'll buy sections based on your photos individually 😂

I'm a younger enthusiast and collector from texas. I have a 4000sqft cl in mate controlled shop where I store everything on display. Illuminated shelving & everything! ;) I primarily collect 20s-30s Luxury cars and parts, Model A/T, and Pontiac GTO parts. Currently I have a 1929 Packard 626 Convertible Coupe, that I'm looking for numerous parts for my 1926 Cadillac Flathead V8 and a 1935 Lincoln Model K V12 (Both just engine & transmissions).

Going through box after box, is literally an almost euphoric experience for me. To say I have an infatuation with these ole gals if our past, would be a shameful understatement.

Please get back to me if looking to sell larger quantities, at least a collection of all of the mascots, and/or if you have any 20s-early 30s Packard parts, 1926 Cadillac V8 Heads, anything 1st Gen V12 Packard or Lincoln!

Thanks!

HotRodRob 

Facebook.com/RodsNRailsDTX

Rob, I'll keep you in mind for Packard items as I see a lot of boxes marked "Packard". I even saw a couple of cases of paint quarts with "Packard" labels on them! PM me if you see anything you care to make an offer on.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, DB26 said:

Sounds like what I’m interested in! 

Going to pick up the last of the plunder tomorrow. Got a sea container coming so maybe I can get this mess organized enough to actually see what's here soon! I know there is a bunch of old tube type auto radios in tomorrow's load and some early touring windshields and many boxes of replacement pistons.

• Like 1

So the good news is I have a set of rare headlights from a marque that was only in business for a few years and there are now only about ten now known to exist. The bad news is I have a set of rare headlights from a marque that was only in business for a few years and there are now only about ten known to exist! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, pkhammer said:

Going to pick up the last of the plunder tomorrow. Got a sea container coming so maybe I can get this mess organized enough to actually see what's here soon! I know there is a bunch of old tube type auto radios in tomorrow's load and some early touring windshields and many boxes of replacement pistons.

Can’t wait to see what radios you’ve got 

The coarse horizontal barred grills in the center of this picture looks to be 38 Buick

Screenshot_20200222-064115.png

Is there a 37 Buick grill in that stash.   About the same size and shape as the 38 but way more finer bars and without much "detail"

Edited by 1937McBuick
Adding a question (see edit history)

10 hours ago, 1937McBuick said:

The coarse horizontal barred grills in the center of this picture looks to be 38 Buick

Screenshot_20200222-064115.png

Is there a 37 Buick grill in that stash.   About the same size and shape as the 38 but way more finer bars and without much "detail"

As I dig thorough the stash I'll keep an eye out.

15 hours ago, DB26 said:

Can’t wait to see what radios you’ve got 

I'll PM you some photos within the week as I unload today's plunder. We loaded dozens of old radios today and a couple boxes of NOS radio tubes as well.

• Like 1

Yes dibarlaw,   I too have one but thought if there was reasonably priced set of grills for the 37's I may have been interested.

Still looking for that clear lens on top of the left tail light on the coupe.

I MUST keep telling people that because one of these times I will have told the right person.

6 hours ago, 1937McBuick said:

Yes dibarlaw,   I too have one but thought if there was reasonably priced set of grills for the 37's I may have been interested.

Still looking for that clear lens on top of the left tail light on the coupe.

I MUST keep telling people that because one of these times I will have told the right person.

What does the lens look like?

Carlisle will be coming up in two months, it'll be here before we know it! Already starting to make my list of stuff to take. I hope to deliver some parts to some of the fine folks on this forum. Shipping has gotten stupid for anything larger than what will fit ion a flat rate box!

I hope to post photos of more grille parts, radios, and carburetors this coming weekend. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

it would be helpful if you can find a part number somewhere on the item and post or note it with the photo. Heavy cast parts like grilles should have a small number in the casting somewhere on the backside. It might be obvious or it could be down in a crevice or recessed area and be hard to see. Some radios have a stamped or embossed model number on them or maybe even a decal. If there's a tag on the carbs that helps too. Any number on the part is a plus toward making a positive ID. When you get to things like the skirts & visors, if there are no numbers anywhere, that gets a little more challenging. 

15 hours ago, pkhammer said:

What does the lens look like?

Here are some pictures.  Hole size is about 2 inches long and 7/8 of an inch wide.  Of course it is bigger than that because of the concealed portion of the lens inside the housing.

The pictures of the  actual lens in the tail light is courtesy of a Buddy of thehandleman.  Have to give credit where credit is due!

Hope this helps.

Tim

20190327_214535.jpg

20190327_214507.jpg

Screenshot_20200226-213758.png

Screenshot_20200226-213723.png