Steve Moskowitz

2019 Grand National UPDATED NEWS

21 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Trailer parking will be allowed starting on Wednesday!  I hope to develop a may and more soon.  We cannot guarantee security but working on something.  thanks.

Thanks for the update about parking trailers on Wednesday.

I am a little confused about what you mean by "I hope to develop a may and more soon". 

I realize that you are very busy these days. Looks like you have the same problem I do sometimes (ie typing so fast your keyboard cannot keep up with you).    😉 😁

• On about June 1, I plan to be in the Auburn area with the California Airflow Caravan on our way to Charlottesville, VA for the ACA national meet. Most of us are AACA members, and I wondered if there would be any interest in us parking our bug-spattered, slightly travel weary cars, a 35 Chrysler Imperial, one or two 37 Chryslers, and a 36 DeSoto, all Airflows, on or near the show field as a sort of static display. No judging this time -- just a display while we walk the show field. I've been advised to ask Steve. Steve, any interest? 

John Boyd

VP Airflow Club of America

858-997-7zero-zero-2

IMG_1302.jpg

John, a possibility BUT we will need to stay in touch closer to the event.  I am just not sure there will be space!  We have a record crowd already but I will try my best to make it happen.  Definitely can get you on the grass but on blacktop is a wait and see. 

Steve,

Do you have any updates on if trailer parking will be available on Wednesday and the times someone can drop off their trailer. If Wednesday is not open what times will it be open the rest of the event. I just received some information in the mail about it’s location but the time schedule was not mentioned. I realize we are still a few weeks out so maybe the final details are still a work in progress.

Thanks 

Bob

Just curious, what was the final count of vehicles registers for the 2019 Grand National?

Are there a few cars that got their Senior at Charlotte that are coming to The Grand?

380 !!!  700 for the BBQ.  Believe this may be an all time record! Yes, there were a few cars that got their Senior and are coming to Charlotte, I think about 6.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

380 !!!  700 for the BBQ.  Believe this may be an all time record! Yes, there were a few cars that got their Senior and are coming to Charlotte, I think about 6.  

Thanks for the update. 

Great numbers. Sure glad I have my ticket for the BBQ! 

Really looking forward to my first visit to Auburn, R&M, the automotive museums, seeing old friend and making new ones.

Safe travels everyone!

• Like 1

We are miffed that we can't take a customer's car, which we restored and which received its Senior at Charlotte, to the Grand. Owner actually wants it returned to him so he can drive it this Summer. The nerve...

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, charlier said:

Thanks for the update. 

Great numbers. Sure glad I have my ticket for the BBQ! 

Really looking forward to my first visit to Auburn, R&M, the automotive museums, seeing old friend and making new ones.

Safe travels everyone!

X2! 

Leaving Thursday afternoon. My tow buddy has to work a half day Thursday. I am excited to get there already. 🙂

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

We are miffed that we can't take a customer's car, which we restored and which received its Senior at Charlotte, to the Grand. Owner actually wants it returned to him so he can drive it this Summer. The nerve... 

Don't be too miffed.  That's a really nice car you did.

I have seen some recent maps that show the AGNM in building #2, is that just the registration area or are the 380 entries going to be inside that building too. If the show field is outside will a map be available to show the location?

Thanks

Pic of map attached. This was mailed along with the trailer parking pass.

Mark

EECFF559-E90B-414D-9B0F-706F79E4380F.jpeg

Thanks, I saw the map but that area does not look like it will accommodate 380 cars.

Regards

We have had over 250 there before giving two spaces to every car.  We will have to shorten the space between cars but will make sure no doors can hit anyone.  We have a huge meet and it is presenting challenges but everyone is trying their best to make this work.

• Like 2

This is going to be great event!  Marion & I look forward to the Auburn event every year.  Having the Grand Nationals there this year will make it even more special.  We're looking forward to the Grand Nationals on Saturday, the Zenith Award display on Friday, the concert on Friday evening, the ACD Museum somewhere in the middle of all this, and--most importantly--seeing friends from outside our local region whom we only get to see a few times a year at AACA national activities.

Thanks to Steve Moskowitz and the entire AACA HQ staff for organizing this event and, in advance, to RM Sotheby's for being great hosts and supporters of the club & our members!

• Like 1

Steve, thanks for the info. I have full confidence that the AACA team will make this a great event.

Regards

THANKS FOR THE FAITH BUT PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER INSTEAD!! 🤤   WITH THE LOSS OF A MAJOR PARKING AREA BOTH RM AND AACA ARE SCRAMBLING TO GET EVERYTHING ON SOME HARD SURFACE.  THE PROVERBIAL 10 POUNDS INTO A 5 POUND BAG!!

I have been to this event and the Auburn fall event many times in the past. It's hard to believe space could ever be a problem there. I am confident this meet will be both massive and fun at the same time. I really appreciate all the effort that is going into it.

Anyone know what is the address for  trailer parking for a GPS? I should be arriving late Thursday afternoon early evening, staying FT Wayne so I would like to drop the box off before I go to the hotel and check in.

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply.  I had read thru the show brochure, but was not clear if AACA cars would be on field for display as part of Friday events or not, then back for judging on Sat.  Another large club I have shown with has cars on display Fri so everyone can socialize and see all the cars, then focus on their own car on Sat for judging.

Edited by Stonesautomotive (see edit history)