AACA Members...Your Best Guess!

196 countries in the world. So a quarter of that would be close to the 50 mentioned above. 

I'll go for 78 countries!

12 minutes ago, Frank DuVal said:

196 countries in the world. So a quarter of that would be close to the 50 mentioned above. 

I'll go for 78 countries!

I think we can rule about half of the 196 countries out, due to various economic and political reasons. It is realistic to say that the hobby does not have a presence in countries like Somalia, and Afghanistan. I also must factor in the language factor, while a good part of the "free" world can understand the English language, not all can read (for that matter in many countries they can not read their own language).  So to me that would narrow the field down to about 100 eligible countries. I am going to guess that we are in the mid 20's and go with 27 countries. With that said I would say the largest number of members would be in Canada, then Great Brittan would be second, toss up for third fourth and fifth between Australia,  Sweden, and Mexico.

Just a guess.......

With all of the transplanted Americans all over the globe, and the fact that you don't need to own an auto to be a member, I would put the number over 100. Autos are fascinating regardless of a country's size or location. Just a guess, and I hope the interest grows. 

I will be very interested to know this. So I'll play. Count me in Curt's camp here. I would be a bit surprised if it is less , would not be surprised if it is more. Don't forget , there are usually wealthy sophisticated folk in some of these less fortunate "countries". So how about 52 ? Thanks , Steve ! 

• Like 2

Well, it is the Antique Automobile Club "of America", so my guess would be on the low side; around 15. 

I'll bet zero from North Korea. Wow 52, I was way off with 18.  Although if you walk around Hershey for 4 or 5 days it's obvious that there are a lot.

• Like 1

Wellllllll now . Well , it just occurred to me that maybe I should finally spring for that lottery ticket. On a roll ? Hey ! If I win I can get the Duesenberg , V16 Cadillac , and 1930 Mercedes-Benz SS 38/250 that I just couldn't quite afford over 50 years ago. If I had only been born in the late '30s rather than 1944 , those three that got away ......................... . But if that were to happen , they would be part of the REAL AACA museum. Thanks , Steve for all the great work you do , your accessibility on the phone , and the fun today !    - Carl

8 minutes ago, John348 said:

What are the top 10 or 5 countries?

Man ! I would like to see a printout of ALL the countries. It would be fascinating to know where our brothers and sisters sharing similar era cars in other countries are ! Email friends ? Visit on a once-in-a-lifetime trip ?   - Carl

2 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

I'll bet zero from North Korea. Wow 52, I was way off with 18.  Although if you walk around Hershey for 4 or 5 days it's obvious that there are a lot.

I work on a very large website for a very specific geographical area and we do get the occasional North Korean visitor, which is kinda surprising

Be careful or the grand wizard of NK will degree he is the world expert on antique cars and will deem his Mercedes with the silly hole in the roof is a world class conquers winner.  Therefore he will become the supreme judge 

I'm not surprised it's 52 foreign countries.  It's a great American hobby and people all over the world likes to emulate us in music, fashion, homes, cars, food and just about everything.  Stands to reason that the AACA would be a good source of information to all, both American  & foreign who share our interests.  Ever notice all the foreign languages heard in the Hershey Flea Market?.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Ever notice all the foreign languages heard in the Hershey Flea Market?.

Same in Portland. Sold a set of headers that fit a hemi to a guy using sign language and hand fulls of $.

He did recognize the "392 HEMI" on said parts.

Don't know what language but I am guessing Scandinavian maybe, he was a tall blond.

He left with a big smile !!