Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

1 hour ago, J3Studio said:

An expansion on what @jj5794 has said, from the still very unfinished Riviera Project:

Some contemporary sources believe that William Porter was also responsible for the seventh generation (1986-1993) design, in addition to that of the eighth generation.

Maybe I've been asleep, but this is the first I have heard of this book. Looking forward to it's publication; can't wait to read it!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jframe said:

Maybe I've been asleep, but this is the first I have heard of this book. Looking forward to it's publication; can't wait to read it!

Thank you for the kind words—still not sure a) when it will be done, b) what it will be called, and c) what avenue I will choose for publication.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 2:19 PM, J3Studio said:

1970 Buick Riviera GS coupe on Bring A Trailer. Regal Black (original color was Silver Mist Metallic) with a black vinyl top and a black front bench seat.

Located in Toronto and currently bid up to $6,500 with five days to go. A few BaT commentators have noted where it departs from stock. NMOC.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-buick-riviera-gs/

Now bid up to $13,000 with two days to go. According to Hagerty's Valuation Tools, that's almost #3/Good money.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:19 PM, J3Studio said:

1970 Buick Riviera GS coupe on Bring A Trailer. Regal Black (original color was Silver Mist Metallic) with a black vinyl top and a black front bench seat.

Located in Toronto and currently bid up to $6,500 with five days to go. A few BaT commentators have noted where it departs from stock. NMOC.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-buick-riviera-gs/

Sold for $18,058, with 16 bids. According to Hagerty's Valuation Tools, that's between #3/Good and #2/Excellent money.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MasonLucas said:

1976 Buick Riviera 455 V8 2-DR ALL POWER OPTIONS On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255113996783?

s-l500.jpg

The final year of the truly big and heavy (4,000 pound plus) Rivieras—in a very attractive color combination. At this point, my research tells me that 1976 was an all-time high for the amount of available individual options on the Riviera, with that number sitting at about (gasp!) 90. It would be an interesting exercise to count how many of those options this particular Buick has.

About this vehicle

This 1972 Buick Riviera is an original with updates to the exterior. The owner has had it for 1 year. The vehicle is drivable and is used as a daily driver.

So, the current owner has apparently driven this car about a mile or so per day (assuming it hadn't moved in the previous two years...).  :huh:

On 8/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, RivNut said:

I find it amazing what some folks will not do to make sure they post great pictures of their car.  Maybe the first time that I've seen a body behind the wheel.  Why was the carpet replaced with that dark royal blue crap. 

Another example. https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/chicago-chevrolett-1951/7375331297.html

7 hours ago, MasonLucas said:

1972 Buick Riviera Coupe Black RWD Automatic On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154597155405?

s-l500.jpg

Way too much, IMO. Wrong paint, wrong wheels, and probably other stuff that is off. Not original, not modified, just not.

Ebay: 66-70 aluminum brake drums $200

Not my listing. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Original-Aluminum-Front-Brake-Drums-1968-1970-Buick-Electra-Wildcat-Riviera-/174767775307?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

This guy always has nice Buick parts. 

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Always check to see if there in spec,very expensive to reline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

I thought that was an odd color combination -- paint code "Z" is Riviera Silver Green Poly.

Which would have made it a far more distinctive and interesting car. But, folks seem to like repainting the second-generation cars in black.

• Like 1

When my 63 was built, black was not too common. But drive down the streets today and there are way too many black cars.  Some with blacked out windows, black aftermarket wheels, and black trim.  Damned hard to see at night 😬.  Must have taken place when Al Davis changed the colors the Oakland Raiders to black because he said it was intimidating.  Then everyone got on the bandwagon and it's just another color now.  What ever happened to the reds, greens, and blues?  it seems that 8 out of 10 cars fall into the grey tones which range from white to black.  Maybe Henry Ford had it right when he said "Customers can have any color they want as long as it's black."

1*euc4RxnNo78LFEGrb-QZ7w.jpeg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

19 hours ago, RivNut said:

When my 63 was built, black was not too common. But drive down the streets today and there are way too many black cars.  Some with blacked out windows, black aftermarket wheels, and black trim.  Damned hard to see at night 😬.  Must have taken place when Al Davis changed the colors the Oakland Raiders to black because he said it was intimidating.  Then everyone got on the bandwagon and it's just another color now.  What ever happened to the reds, greens, and blues?  it seems that 8 out of 10 cars fall into the grey tones which range from white to black.  Maybe Henry Ford had it right when he said "Customers can have any color they want as long as it's black."

1*euc4RxnNo78LFEGrb-QZ7w.jpeg

Ed,

Totally agree.  Most of the people that have them should not have a black car, because they don't keep it clean.  Nothing worse than a dirty black.  Cleaning it is only half of the job, they need to be waxed periodically too.  IMO😁

Art

https://janesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/janesville-1966-buick-riviera/7384198831.html

1966 Buick Riviera - $17,500

image 4 of 10
00u0u_jEXaSNGq6QGz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg
00909_1QJOz2vnKfqz_0Ba0oM_600x450.jpg
00c0c_bknbHxjS5Upz_0Ba0oM_600x450.jpg
00o0o_33msiAHF9K2z_0x20oM_600x450.jpg
00j0j_481mIfUuY1Hz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg
00D0D_3ljAEQBXY0Fz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg
00000_cMjHaAnVforz_0Ba0oM_600x450.jpg
01313_1j6CqKX0hfYz_0Ba0oM_600x450.jpg
00808_9iCycmRULXXz_0Ba0oM_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1966 Buick Riviera

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 98000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

1966 Buick Riviera. This is a one family owned vehicle. This 1966 Riviera is equipped with the 465 wildcat (425 Nailhead), Turbo 400 automatic, power steering, power brake, power windows, and bucket seats. The body is straight, solid and was repainted in the mid 80s. With exception of the paint, the car is all original.
  • Like 1