BUICK TRUCKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received my April 2015 issue of the Bugle. One area that I always scour is the new member section, to see if anyone near me, or someone with the same car as myself has joined. Well I did notice that a gentleman from Atlanta GA has joined the club, with a 1923 4-SD, the last year for a Buick Production truck. Welcome to Charlie, hopefully he finds this thread, and shares his Buick Truck with us. Here, here!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I came across these pictures of this 23 Buick made into a pickup in different places. I had the pics for years before I realized they were of the same car. I don't think they have been posted to this thread before. Anyway I thought it was a cool truck dripping with vintage mojo.

attachicon.gif218771.attach

attachicon.gif219896.attach

This truck was owned by Fawcett Movie Cars, and was sold at RM auction for $3080. http://www.rmsothebys.com/rf07/the-fawcett-movie-cars/lots/1923-buick-pickup-truck/182158  chassis # 102583  It appears to be a conversion.  The back of the cab and the seam running over the roof give it away, also the bed is too high.  .02

Edited by Robberbach (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I have a friend that inherited a 1955 Buick pickup truck. He thinks it looks very much factory or a prototype but I have never heard of such a thing. Anyone heard of anything like that?

I tore the door off my "truck" in a freak accident and had to put another one on it. Always learning new things!

This car would probably look better with those rear doors filled in. But they are functional, down under there is where you put your toolbox and suitcase, guitar, etc. The locks are intact, so you can reach back from the front and lock the rear doors.   

DSCN2271.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Those 54 bumpers and grill you got stashed would look good on it Greg ;-)

I'm saving those for you to pick up when you come here and experience the beauty of our state bird, the mosquito!

23 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Those 54 bumpers and grill you got stashed would look good on it Greg ;-)

Actually considering butchering my 1940 Super cpe into a likeness of the 40 Buick Rdmstr cpe express made by the Factory mechanics. Yeah!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...