Original Wheels

knee-action

I knew Wooding Spook (don't know why he didn't capitalize his name). Custom wheel builder out of Lick Fork, West Virginia. He also made a fortune as the inventor of the preview feature used in online mail messages. He kept private ownership of it for quite some time before selling it to Yahoo. This also makes him likely to be the guy who installed the turn signals, seatbelts and second stop light on this custom vehicle given the description.

Edited by DAVE A
misspelling (see edit history)

When I started this thread earlier today, I was so taken by the description of the wheels on this car that the coachbuilding question never occurred to me. My bad. You guys have made many good observations in the above posts, but I think you are missing some important details. Look at the ultra-dramatic ribbing on the back of the rear seat, armchair seating in the front (way ahead of its time) and the use of comb-shaped kickplates on the running board aprons. All of this drama points toward a very early effort by Phony et Flashy. How about it Mr. Moskowitz, did I get it???

Lots of people like to talk about the South when they see such examples...

I just want to point out the fact that the vehicle in question is located in New York. If it were built in the South surely they would have done a better job of matching the front seats with the rear seats. I also don't see any cupholders. Certainly it needs some cup holders to go with the rest of the custom touches. :D

I am not sure...it could be a one-off that was secreted off the assembly line and finished for a top executive at Plymouth then stored at his vacation home in the Adirondacks for these many years. I commend the seller for bringing this long lost example of early custom design into the light of day.

Now, there's a thought; what would a top executive at Plymouth drive.

About that New York thing, last week we took a ride along the lake. Here is the view of Toronto, Canada from the town we had lunch in:

post-46237-143142708304_thumb.jpg There are a lot of those coach built cars up here. When I was about 12 my Grandmother gave me a 1919 Buick with a 30" saw blade where the rear seat was supposed to be.

Bernie

Now now now, Y'all are casting aspersions on someone's artistic creation. Where you saw a 1929 Plymouth he saw a blank canvas. Who are you to say that this piece of artwork isn't a classic in it's own right? Why I can hear the artist in the background now, saying "Here, hold my beer and watch this!"

Now now now, Y'all are casting aspersions on someone's artistic creation. Where you saw a 1929 Plymouth he saw a blank canvas. Who are you to say that this piece of artwork isn't a classic in it's own right? Why I can hear the artist in the background now, saying "Here, hold my beer and watch this!"

I believe that the "clean tittle" might be associated with the owner's showering schedule.

"casting aspersions"? I thought we were being nice....