Last Day In Georgia

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

Today was our last day in Georgia before we move to the frozen tundra that is currently Michigan. Georgia sent us off with a BEAUTIFUL day though. Unbelievable. It was 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We spent our last day cruising around the area in our Buick. We stopped at the Creme Hut diner in Chatsworth, GA and had a burger with fries and a gigantic banana split. The diner is located in an old service station and is decorated to reflect that inside and out. Great food too. The owner talked to me at length about my car and allowed me to pull it out front and take some pictures. Then we took a drive out to the Carter's Lake Dam and took a few more pictures. Absolutely wonderful way to spend our last day here. We'll be heading out at 4 AM for Michigan. Going to be quite a shock going from 60 degrees and sunny to -8 and snowy!! Wish us luck on our travels and enjoy the pictures.

post-75106-143142355768_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142355774_thumb.jpg

post-75106-14314235578_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142355785_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142355792_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142355798_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

SHADE TREE, did you get the Wrangler runnin' right? Good luck with the journey and with your next life style adventure.

Michigan is actually a pretty nice place. If you find it too hot -- move to Pinedale, Wyoming. It is a very beautiful area and I lived there a long time. It freezes twelve months a year. Mean temperature is 35....so it's technically warmer than freezing most of the time!

Robert,

You have my best wishes for a safe and uneventful trip also!

If you get this before you leave, I'm going to sound like your Mom here but, don't be afraid to throw an extra sweater or hoodie in the car with you. I can guarantee this bitter cold will hit you coming out from your nice warm car when you get here!

My sister moved to the Gatlinburg, Tn area 18 years ago and the last time she was here she did nothing but complain about the cold and that was in early October! Her blood has thinned a lot!

Lastly, once you hit Cincinnati it is about 5 hours to Detroit in good weather. You should be able to see the Ambassador Bridge using I-75 on your way to your new home. I'm about 6 miles east of that bridge in Canada so hope to meet you and Mrs Shadetree someday as I have relatives in Waterford.

All the very best to you & yours!

A last minute thought for you....

Maybe Mrs Shadetree can get a couple of tickets at work for you two to go and see the North American International Auto Show at Cobo Hall on till next Sunday. It is quite the event and have many interesting concept cars too.

Just one of MANY things around here to see & do.

Well Robert,

Being that you are still on the road you probably are not going to see this till later.

It's 8:30 am and I see by the weather channels that Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati areas are getting 3 to 5 inches of snow and I-75 looks to be snow covered in stretches with paths for the tires.

Sure hope you got through before it was too bad. Looks like from Dayton north should be clear but COLD!

Be safe!

Well Robert,

Being that you are still on the road you probably are not going to see this till later.

It's 8:30 am and I see by the weather channels that Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati areas are getting 3 to 5 inches of snow and I-75 looks to be snow covered in stretches with paths for the tires.

Sure hope you got through before it was too bad. Looks like from Dayton north should be clear but COLD!

Be safe!

It's clearly snowing in Dayton right now, and temperatures are are heading to 0. Schools are closed today.

Guest shadetree77

Well folks, we made it! Took a little over 12 hours. Hit some pretty bad conditions through Kentucky and Ohio but we took our time. Thanks for all of the best wishes. I'll update again when we settle in. For now, it's off to bed for some much needed rest.

Yaay! was worried for you today!! Rough day to travel for sure!! A good nights' sleep is absolutlely in order!!

Well folks, we made it! Took a little over 12 hours. Hit some pretty bad conditions through Kentucky and Ohio but we took our time. Thanks for all of the best wishes. I'll update again when we settle in. For now, it's off to bed for some much needed rest.

Thanks for the update. Welcome to our Great White North. Glad you made it.

Fill us in with the details when your rested up. Been there, done that trip too......

I'm on the same parallel just the other side of Buffalo. It was -8 last night when I went to bed, but its already up to 7 this morning! Don't forget to be creative in thinking up adjectives for your new climate. Using the same one over and over will give a bad impression.

Bernie

The Woodward Dream Cruise is a "has been" the Back to the Bricks in Flint has for the last 10 yrs been the place to go! With a 5 year commitment of support from a GM too! through 2019!

go to http://backtothebricks.org Special Buick parking at the Durant-Dort Building and Factory One, and alot more info coming soon!

Doesn't hurt that I'm supposed to be in charge!

The Woodward Dream Cruise is a "has been" the Back to the Bricks in Flint has for the last 10 yrs been the place to go! With a 5 year commitment of support from a GM too! through 2019!

go to http://backtothebricks.org Special Buick parking at the Durant-Dort Building and Factory One, and alot more info coming soon!

Doesn't hurt that I'm supposed to be in charge!

Guest shadetree77

Rob,

I did indeed. I finished the Jeep right before we came up here and it appears to be running good. I haven't been able to truly road test it yet. I have to get it tagged and insured here in Michigan. It was picked up by the car haulers and delivered here one day later. Good thing too because I think we're going to need it around here!

Doug,

We ran straight through all of that bad weather you mentioned. Very stressful but we made it OK. We did see the Ambassador Bridge on the way through. My Wife has been to Canada before and loved it. We will definitely be visiting at some point. In fact, my Wife got her Michigan license already and she went for the special license that allows her to travel into Canada. It's not exactly a passport but it does allow her to travel in certain areas of Canada. We are also considering attending the auto show you mentioned if we aren't too busy getting settled in. We look forward to meeting you at some point.

Willie,

Thank you for the condolences. Lol. You gonna' send us some flowers and a fruit basket?:D:p

Larry,

For the next 8 days we are in Pontiac. After that, we have rented a house in Waterford. I have your number and I'll definitely give you a call some time. Looking forward to meeting you and a lot of other Buick folks in the area.

Bernie,

I have been hard at work coming up with some new words for all of this white stuff. Although, I do find myself repeating the tried and true words quite a bit.

Roberta,

We will definitely be at the Back to the Bricks event this year. I considered going to the Woodward cruise but I think I'll save that one for next year. We'll have to all get together at some point and have lunch or something. I have your number and I'll give you a call some time. Looking forward to it.

Thank you for the condolences. Lol. You gonna' send us some flowers and a fruit basket?:D:p

No frozen flowers or fruit...can't send the antifreeze (adult beverage variety) that you really need. Surely someone up there owes me a beer that they can give to you :D.

I have been hard at work coming up with some new words for all of this white stuff. Although, I do find myself repeating the tried and true words quite a bit.

Is that all?

You mean you have not woke up in your warm cozy bed, got up to look out the window, checked the thermometer and asked yourself, "WHAT WAS I THINKING?"

It's OK Robert, by end of March it will all seem like a bad dream.......

Guest shadetree77
Anyone else notice that poor shadetree just can't bring himself to update his profile?

I keep trying but my d@mn fingers are frozen!!!:P:D