Sign in to follow this  
Rob J

Just curious, what's everyones age, and what year Riv(s) do you own?

Turning 37 this summer, and my Princess is a -63. She's my first American ride and we ended up together 2 years ago because of my raging age-, identity- & whatnot crisis.

It got to the point where I told my wife that this crisis will now be resolved with one of the following:

A) I get a mistress

B) I get a nice heroine addiction

C) I buy an American project car

I don't know if this was the cheapest or wisest choice but I'm happy!

I'm 42 and I have a 65 Riviera and a 67 Olds 98 Holiday Coupe. Brian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182687[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]182688[/ATTACH]

Nice 98:cool:

Thanks Gseago, it is a true barn find, well a behind a barn find, I saw it and couldn't let it rot away, so I popped down $500 and took it out of the hole it was in, after a battery and hooking up a gas can she fired right up and I drove it to the backyard, after pulling the vinyl top off I have found some unwelcome rust, but thats all, everything else is solid. It's a high comperession 425 with 82,000 one owner miles, she a tank! Brian

post-90681-14314179696_thumb.jpg

post-90681-143141796976_thumb.jpg

OK Riviera People: I'm 61. I had my first 63 Riv in 1970 at the age of 18. Since then there have been maybe a few years in the 70's I have not owned one. Currently I have 22 examples. 7 63's, 9 64's and 6 65's. A few are nice, most are running beaters and believe it or not, not that many parts cars. Mitch

Approaching 73, with a '68 that I've owned since '84 - along with many other Buicks.

The 'JEWAL' from one of last years events.

post-49703-143141799129_thumb.jpg

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

OK Riviera People: I'm 61. I had my first 63 Riv in 1970 at the age of 18. Since then there have been maybe a few years in the 70's I have not owned one. Currently I have 22 examples. 7 63's, 9 64's and 6 65's. A few are nice, most are running beaters and believe it or not, not that many parts cars. Mitch

Mitch, I think you need to buy yourself a few more. I'm disappointed that you only own 22 first gen Riv's. Get with the program already.

OK Rob: You may or not know that the First-Gen Riv is not my main squeeze. The 1960 Buick is. I have 60 examples of the 1960 Buick. I really didn't have but 3 First Gen Rivs in 2004. Had I started earlier with the Riviera collecting I'm sure I would be over 100 by now. "Padiction"...half passion, half addiction.

I may be full of what ever you may want to call it but there's one thing anyone can take to the bank with me and that is this....when I say having all thise heaps is fun....it's fun! Mitch.

Got my 63 from my Grandmother when I was 15. Still have it today. Bought an 85 Convertible in 1990 and sold it in 02. Bought another last year. My wife says I have a problem. LOL. I am 41.

Im 48 and own a 65 Riviera GS. It was originally VERDE/VERDE but now the car is Silver Cloud and will have a black interior.

My other cars include an awesome 65 Jeep Wagoneer with 37K miles, a 69 Pontiac GTO Judge (Ram Air IV..one of 9 built) and a 2001 BMW 740i Sport thats good for about 150 out on the interstate.

post-77544-143141803884_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143141803856_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143141803908_thumb.jpg

Edited by carlbraun (see edit history)

I will be 57 very soon. I have had my 1983 Riviera Convertible for 30 years. I bought it new in my twenties. I have been everywhere in it. It is still an amazingly comfortable car to travel in. I love it.

People don't know what it is anymore. When I first bought it people were impressed with such a rare BUICK. Since it is actually "Riviera by Buick" the Buick badging is very small and not obvious. People will now confuse it for a Cadillac or if they spy the R on the hood ornament they often think it is a Rolls. Just seeing the Riviera badging doesn't mean "Buick" to a lot of people anymore. But everyone notices it even if they can't quite place it.

post-80272-143141805008_thumb.jpg

Born in 1966, own a 1965 Riv Gran Sport, plus a few other Buick's from 1955 - 1970.

51 with a 66. First 67 when I was 17 for $275.

Rob, we'll expect to see this data compiled in the form of a line graph or bar chart. :P

I'm 55, Right now I have 2 1966 Rivieras. When I was younger my first car was a 1966 Riviera. Have a soft spot for them.

Great Cars !!!

I'm 51 now, won't be long before I have as many years with the 65 Riviera as without it. It has been a super reliable car since '88...and has fueled my passion for Nailheads, dual quads, and 4-speeds. I'm still working on the Wildcat that will be as reliable as the Riviera!

I'm 47, have a 63 & 65 riv, both projects...... still own my 1st car, a 55 chevy 210 delray & a bunch of project cars. my mother & brother both owned 65 riv's when I was in high school. my brother recently bought a clean 64 that he is having the motor rebuilt in.......

I'm 32. I have a 65. In the process of replacing the funked up non-original 401 with a 66 425. It's a shared project between my father, who's 64, and I.

61 years old.......65 Rivi Non GS 425 2x4 all matching numbers. But it's all deluxe. Also, on that sweet Shoebox, my Son has one in robin egg blue. Imagine how I feel when I have to ask Him if I can borrow it...lol

Born in 1966 and have a 1965.[ATTACH=CONFIG]183988[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]183989[/ATTACH]

Nice looking Riviera, any other info on the Impala on the left?