Sign in to follow this  
Rob J

Just curious, what's everyones age, and what year Riv(s) do you own?

66, own a '63, '64, and Linda (56) has a '93.

Bought my first, a '66, for $400 in 71 and it was my daily driver for 4 or 5 years.

(Plus a few old Schwinn bicycles, but NOT a '48 Indian Chief.)

I’ll be 55 this summer …

<O:p</O:p

I have my ’65, numbers matching 401, owned since ’94, it will never be “nice”. Contemplating/planning on modding it; 2” top chop, sunroof from my old ’92 Riv, interior from my ’95 parts car, then some engine mods, I’ve had it this long without driving it much so what’s another 100 years?!?

Purchased the ’72 GS last year, Numbers matching “WA” 455, 1 of 88 special ordered paint, “SCO 661” on the body tag.

Purchase the ’93 Oct of ’11, 62,000 miles, nice original example.

The ’95, 60,000 miles, 1 repaint, black/taupe interior, my favorite of the last generation I own.<O:p

</O:p

Silver Arrow #152, 72,000 miles, some paint touch-ups but overall a nice original.<O:p

Silver Arrow #10, 211,000 miles, very rough-saved from a scrap-yard, daily driver right now.<O:p</O:p

One ’95 for parts … planning for the interior to go into the ’65.

We also have my ’01 GMC with almost 200,000 miles, and Gwyn’s ’12 VW Beetle, see like her Beetle, she is on her second one! Oh, and my 2 Harley’s.<O:p

That’s pretty much it, lots, well maybe not “lots” compared to others here, of toys.

I'm 61 and my Riv is a '67, If you do the math, I graduated from high school in 1967 and I remember wishing my Dad would get a Riv instead of a LeSabre.

Chuck

I hit 64 next month. My Riv is also a 92 (see pic).

I hit 64 next month. My Riv is also a 92 (see pic).

64....Are you sure? You only looked 63 to me last year. Seriously though, I would have guessed maybe 52-55. See ya soon.

One of the best road cars Buick built. Does your's have the 6.6 Liter Olds engine w/ TH400 trans? Same engine that the the Pontiac Trans Am used that year with the auto trans (400 Pontiac w/ 4 speed.) Quite a cruiser.

Yes, it does. And yes it is. :)

My DD is the 403.

I have another '77 that needs work before its drive-able, it has the SBB 350.

I haven't quite decided which route I want to go with it, yet.

I'm 41 and recently purchased a 63. I also have a 40 Buick special and a 55 Chevy.

I just turned 60 last November but I've been playing with these Rivieras since I was 21. Had fourteen or fifteen '63 thru '65s (3 of which were GS models - now 4) a '68, '69 and a couple '73's but I keep coming back to the '65. I vended NOS Buick parts from 1986 thru 1993 and also had many other interesting Buicks. Unfortunately I sold them before their time but those were stepping stones and it was a blast. Just picked up a '65 GS for resale. An 18,000 mile car, purchased by the 2nd owner in 1968 and well stored since 1972. Left behind by Viet Nam veteran that returned but wasn't capable of driving, so there it sat. Interesting car with unbelievable originality. This one will make one Riv collector happy.

Will be 60 in July. 71 and a 93 daily driver. Also a 41 Studebaker Commander.

49 with a 64. I wanted to drive something as old as me. Currently rebuilding engine, refreshing the trans, making sure everything works, dropping in a posi. Next year repainting it back to marlin blue.