Sign in to follow this  
Rob J

Just curious, what's everyones age, and what year Riv(s) do you own?

6 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Hi Gary,

Yes, my '67 Vette is painted Marina Blue.  The color gets lots of compliments.  It really 'glows' under streetlights which make it look purplish midnight blue.

Seeing your '65 Corvair reminds me of a friend who owned several.  He had a tee shirt made up that said "What a Pair, Me and my Corvair!"  That gave me a laugh, for sure.

Cheers, 

I had a C6, great car, Z51 optioned in Lemans blue..  Prefer the C6 over the C7.  Kinda been looking at C2's, C3's 68-71.  Your '67 I think is the nicest year of all...

• Like 1

I'm 48, i've owned my 64 for 2.5 years. When I bought it, it had been sitting for 10 years. I thought it was going to be a simple fluid and hose change, 2 weeks tops. Turned into rewiring almost everything firewall forward. Love the car, fun to work on, making sure everything is done best as possible. I had a 67 mustang daily driver for the past 15 years, but the motor was giving up, so I did too. Pretty much gave the car away. Definitely a buyers market right now.

Current daily driver is a 92 vette. Nice comfortable car, easy to drive, but it's not so easy to get in and out of.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jsgun said:

Current daily driver is a 92 vette. Nice comfortable car, easy to drive, but it's not so easy to get in and out of.

That would be correct. What will eventually separate me from my 1985 Corvette will be the point when it is no longer worth the pain and agony required for entry and exit—such a contrast with the newer ones.

31 years old, 1963 Riviera - Owned for almost 11 years

• Like 1

I'm 59 and own a 65 GS. This is my 4th Riv. The first was a 65 I bought and restored while in high school as my first car - silver with blue cloth interior. I unfortunately sold it in 85 when I needed some $. The second was a 97 that I owned for about a year in 2000-2001 - loved the car but it was a tight fit for me due to its somewhat limited headroom. Third was a 67 I bought from the original owner in 2008 - beautiful car - turquoise with a white vinyl top, but I sold it in 2017 to get back to my first love the 65. Hope to have the current 65 back on the road in a few months - its getting stripped followed by some minor body work and a new coat of its original seafoam green paint.

My other cars include a 61 Electra 225 4 door Riviera hardtop (6 window) and a 74 Opel Manta Luxus that I've owned since 79.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mp67riv said:

I'm 59 and own a 65 GS. This is my 4th Riv. The first was a 65 I bought and restored while in high school as my first car - silver with blue cloth interior. I unfortunately sold it in 85 when I needed some $. The second was a 97 that I owned for about a year in 2000-2001 - loved the car but it was a tight fit for me due to its somewhat limited headroom. Third was a 67 I bought from the original owner in 2008 - beautiful car - turquoise with a white vinyl top, but I sold it in 2017 to get back to my first love the 65. Hope to have the current 65 back on the road in a few months - its getting stripped followed by some minor body work and a new coat of its original seafoam green paint.

My other cars include a 61 Electra 225 4 door Riviera hardtop (6 window) and a 74 Opel Manta Luxus that I've owned since 79.

You've got an Opel Manta?!  I love those, have been looking at them lately.  I had a Manta Rallye about 35 years ago.  Can You post a pic?

18 hours ago, j3studio said:

That would be correct. What will eventually separate me from my 1985 Corvette will be the point when it is no longer worth the pain and agony required for entry and exit—such a contrast with the newer ones.

Same here. I know i'll eventually have to sell it because I can't get out of it anymore. The tall door sills are what kills it for me. I'm 6'5", so it's my own problem for picking such a small, low car.

I was born in April of 1952 and my Dad and I went to the Buick dealer in may of 1964 and purchased ours.  It is safe in my garage and I will own it 'till the day I die.The dash plaque says "Riviera, built expressly for G A Hussey. (my Dad and I had the same name!) 

Concours2009-668.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

• Like 5

Age 63 and still having fun with all things Rivi.

1965 Riviera - Australian delivery - Right Hand Drive

1965GS Imported 2016 - Under restoration.

Tom K

Tiger.jpg

I thought that Esso put the tiger in your tank?

62 years old.... 65 Riviera, 67 Corvette coupe, and 70 Chevy pickup

51 years old..... 63 Riviera and 66 Chrysler 300.

I‘m 5 years with the Riviera and the Chrysler 300 was my First US car 18 years ago.

Had some old Opel before.

Frank

5 hours ago, mp67riv said:

Here's a pic of the opel...

20190302_164206.jpg

20190302_164139.jpg

Oh yes, that is a nice Opel Manta. The European versions did not had the big bumpers.

I had an 1971 Opel Rekord 1.9 Liter four banger. Unfortunately no picture on my iPad.

Had it converted to 3.0 liter I6 with 5 Speed transmission from a later 1989 Opel Senator.

It did run like hell 🙂

Frank

I'm 36 and I am on my second 1964 Riviera.  I owned my first one 12 years ago when I was 24.

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MY64RIVIERA said:

I'm 36 and I am on my second 1964 Riviera.  I owned my first one 12 years ago when I was 24.

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

Just curious, did your new addition come from North Carolina?

I’m kind of wondering because it looks like one that a member here in NC owned. A very nice couple we lost touch with a few years ago.

1343257320_045(2).thumb.JPG.9fe432bdbeb5025a11bdbc360ddf46f8.JPG

047.thumb.JPG.447b450de96b061dc0752685da5ede78.JPG

Nice looking Riv.

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)

Yep. This is the same car. I wish I had more information surrounding the car.  

On 3/3/2019 at 1:14 AM, mp67riv said:

Along with pics of the Riv in progress...

FB_IMG_1551593541237.jpg

Great color!

On 3/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, mp67riv said:

Here's a pic of the opel...

20190302_164206.jpg

20190302_164139.jpg

That thing is killer!  Automatic or manual?  Contact me when ready to sell (but not to soon-gotta make some space).

69 own 63 Riviera. Groucho Marx said, “ You are not as old as you feel, you are as old as the woman you feel.” 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:39 PM, Garysriv said:

You've got an Opel Manta?!  I love those, have been looking at them lately.  I had a Manta Rallye about 35 years ago.  Can You post a pic?

Its a 4 speed stick...and has a factory sunroof...cool little ride!

11 hours ago, mp67riv said:

Its a 4 speed stick...and has a factory sunroof...cool little ride!

Very cool!  I thought all Luxus were automatics....