I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

6 hours ago, 50ChevyFrank said:

Someone posted this picture on the Studebaker forums.  One 55 Stude and two Buicks.   I think one is a 57 and the other a 55.  Correct?

6mylgaxpqq861.png?width=1439&format=png&

Looks like a 57 & a 56 but not sure

RIP Glenn Miller.  Lost over the Englsh Channel 1944 during WWII. At 38 years old, Miller enlisted in the US Army and was made a Captain.  He wanted to bring some entertainment to the troops and gave up making between $15,000 and $20,000 per week (1942 dollars, you figure out what that would be in today's dollars.)  On a flight to Paris to see about bringing his entire band to Paris, his plane went down and neither he nor the plane were recovered. A true patriot.  

• Like 5

The earth's axis is tilted 23.5°.  The Tropic of Cancer is 23.5° north of the equator.  The Tropic of Capricorn is 23.5° south of the equator. On the summer solstice, around June 20 - 21, the sun's Ray's shine directly on the Tropic of Cancer.  On the winter solstice, around December 20 - 21,  the sun's Ray's shine directly on the Tropic of Capricorn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, neil morse said:

Why do people put the top down, but leave the rear quarter windows up?  Looks odd to me.

Had the same reaction Neil.  Looks   odd at the least and doesn't seem to make sense. 

On 1/15/2021 at 10:40 PM, neil morse said:

Why do people put the top down, but leave the rear quarter windows up?  Looks odd to me.

Perhaps to control wind buffeting at speed? Any convertible owners out there care to do a windows up/down comparison?

You want odd? Check out the 1950 Nash convertible coupe.

Edited by Machine Gun
Typo (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Perhaps to control wind buffeting at speed? Any convertible owners out there care to do a windows up/down comparison?

Windows up definitely helps with wind noise (I do it when on the freeway), but you drop them when photographing. My two cents...

12 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

I generally put the windows down with the top but have on occasion left the back ones up just to different.

1295552185_1958BuickSpecial-Windsor.thumb.JPG.3e0b92ec5c199dddbc33b150fa8c823b.JPG

IMG_1867.thumb.JPG.e5364ff854b1b3148b34a9fa9cc93c1d.JPG

14 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Windows are crank and I can reach the front cranks, not the rears.  When I'm up for a drive and don't feel like prepping the car with the boot, I roll the front windows down, unlatch the top and hit the button to drop the top.  Not every drive is a show, but every drive is a blast.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrEarl said:

What’s up with this license plate

E21A3E9F-6524-4327-B7C9-B80F110C7AF2.thumb.jpeg.fdff50c795f5504e2659161056311460.jpeg

United States of America

I'm guessing that it was some kind of plate for use on military or diplomatic cars overseas.  Nice '41!

• Thanks 1