I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On 2/11/2021 at 11:03 PM, Marty Roth said:

Leigh Buick Inc 

Tuskaloosa, Alabama

Leigh Buick Inc was founded in 1986, and is located at 3200 Skyland Blvd E in Tuscaloosa. Additional information is available at www.leighautomotive.net or by contacting Jack R Leigh at (205) 507-1000.

Leigh Automotive is an automobile dealership that has been serving western Alabama for more than 50 years. The dealership s selection of cars and sport utility vehicles from Mercedes-Benz includes the S-Class, M-Class, E-Class and GLK-Class. It also provides pre-owned vehicles from Chevrolet, GMC and Infiniti. Leigh Automotive offers several financing options through third-party lenders. 

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.leigh_buick_inc.15ef8e38bd218b78ea8b42087962008a.html

Founded in 1986 and picturing a 1954 Buick Special ????????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elpad said:

212C62E1-FA8D-469F-B605-5F0C23E94A8E.jpeg

Sweet almost new  '59 convertible,

with pict taken as the car was wearing a 1960 Virginia license plate.

If we could have seen the front, we would also know which county.

• Like 1

This is unmistakable a Buick Century but is funny that our neighbors south of the border refers to “a General Motor” and do not mention the Buick brand. This is a special edition century to celebrate GM 50th anniversary in Mexico 🇲🇽 

45580D32-4600-4421-A234-EE19B50EAB22.jpeg

812734FC-0D62-4BE3-8228-545309F9A5AD.jpeg

42C2FF5C-8C62-420F-8C19-B06E7D74064D.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

No comprende Espanol. Could someone translate this? Thanks.

Distinguished Fiends

Is an honor to present to you the arrival of the new 1986 Century El Dorado. 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition of General Motors of Mexico. I’m sure that you are to the point to enjoy one of the most delightful driving experiences. Besides of commemorating the 50th Anniversary of our corporation, Your new Century El Dorado is the most recent example of General Motors passion for perfection. Passion that has achieved prestigious endurance within these fifty years. Within this time period, General Motors has been the stage of constant changes. This half of century of experience is a solid platform  that project us to the future. To new objectives. We are prepared for a long lasting prestigious era.

Attentively 

Robert B Stone

Vice President General Motors and Manager Director GM of Mexico

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, neil morse said:

Hey @$0.55, I'm getting a definite Bay Area vibe here -- also the other pic with the BART tracks.  Is that the Carquinez Bridge in the background?

Neil- Sure is the Carquinez Bridge. And good eye recognizing the BART tracks. I think I’ve spotted some SF landmarks in your images. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

I did not get this issue yet but will say that's one of the best cover shots I've seen. Congrats!

Another great issue,

and a great article by Mr. Earl about one of my favorite drives,"Tail of the Dragon"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Another great issue,

and a great article by Mr. Earl about one of my favorite drives,"Tail of the Dragon"

We truly enjoyed it Marty, spent one day on it and the other on the Cherohala Skyway which is a bit more relaxed of a drive. Would be hard to say which is out favorite. 

• Thanks 1