Jump to content

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

s-l1600 (2).jpg

 

One of a pair of hand-built 1939 McLaughlin Buick convertible sedans that carried King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on their visit to Canada to build support for the war effort. The Royal Maroon cars, complete with the Royal standard and King’s shield, were rail shipped to various cities from Ottawa to Vancouver to carry the Royal couple.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

49_buick-el-kineno-dv_ai-18-012-800.jpg

49_buick-el-kineno-dv_ai-18-f02-800.jpg

Even though the caption at the bottom right of the picture says 'conceptcarz.com' this Buick is not a concept. It belonged to the King Ranch and was used to take guests pheasant hunting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bleach said:

 

One of a pair of hand-built 1939 McLaughlin Buick convertible sedans that carried King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on their visit to Canada to build support for the war effort. The Royal Maroon cars, complete with the Royal standard and King’s shield, were rail shipped to various cities from Ottawa to Vancouver to carry the Royal couple.

If King George VI is still living then Elizabeth is not yet the Queen. She will not be Queen until the death of her father. In this picture, she would be Princess Elizabeth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RivNut said:

If King George VI is still living then Elizabeth is not yet the Queen. She will not be Queen until the death of her father. In this picture, she would be Princess Elizabeth. 

In the photo is Queen Elizabeth, George VI's wife, Princess Elizabeth's mother. She was the Queen until he died and then became the Queen Mother.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daves1940Buick56S said:

In the photo is Queen Elizabeth, George VI's wife, Princess Elizabeth's mother. She was the Queen until he died and then became the Queen Mother.

If that is his wife with him, then she is the Queen Consort, the wife of a reigning King. She has no reigning power. Only a Queen has reigning power. Big difference. Their older daughter, Elizabeth, became Queen upon the death of her father.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, Bleach said:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50571284773_19a21d8ab1_3k.jpg

 

Honey,

Sweetie, 

Dear, would you please check the TOUR DIRECTIONS one more time?

 

I'd prefer that you not get the trophy for "Most Lost Navigator" again !

 

And when we got to that tricky intersection,

yelling "Turn Right Here ! - Left !"  ---

No, I wasn't really mad at you (mutter, mutter, mutter)...

 

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 4:22 PM, kgreen said:

What's up with the aspect ratio on your recent posts?

 

 

That's just the resolution of the photo in the pages I found them in. You can really see the details in them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 6:59 PM, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

1397043913_935efc27d9_c.jpg

Best photo I've seen of Silver Arrow I that shows the two tone paint and chopped top. The two tone isn't as obvious on the sides of the roof but still it's a great picture. Thanks for posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...