Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

9 hours ago, jframe said:

Yep, the sun was dropping fast. We took a lot more, and sent them to the ROA; Ray wants to use the car in a Showcase in a future issue.

Looks good Mark!

Ray does look for "particular" shots/views that's for sure. For Showcases I have helped with pictures and sent in I'll take 75-100 pictures, weed out most of them myself, send in 15 or 20, then a few of them actually make it into the Riview. That’s what makes it a quality product I believe.

Don't forget to include a couple of when it was wreaked, it is interesting to see showcases showing how they were brought back too!

• Like 2

With the bad luck I have had buying aftermarket coil springs that are either too tall or too short, I elected to have some rear coil spring helper air bags installed to give the Aqua Zephyr a little lift in the rear end. I opted for the Air Lift 1000 Load Assist Rear Spring Kit #60755 from Summit Racing. We blew the bags up to 15 PSI and this was enough to raise the rear end of the car the 2" I wanted. Now the front and rear wheel well opening are sitting at 28" on the center line of the wheels. We installed a single air inflation stem behind the fuel door, next to the gas tank neck/cap. If necessary, we can convert the system to individual air stems for the left and right side.

This solution helps to keep the underside of the car from scraping when I go across speed bumps or angled curbs. It has also firmed up the ride a little, which is a good thing in my case. I can definitely feel and see the difference in driving the car with the increased height in the rear end. I no longer feel I am sitting too low and trying to see over the hood.

The picture top below is my car with the bags installed and inflated, the bottom car picture was before the kit was installed.

The last picture is the location of the air inflation stem next to the gas tank neck/cap.

Riviera-rear-end-lifted-before-after.jpg.ac3c895157013ad26988d26b35dd636d.jpg

20171125_202911.thumb.jpg.d5e3fb098b85fdd46cf91da1eb739ac2.jpg

Edited by NCRiviera (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My first Buick, and first Riviera. Always loved these cars and when my good friend opted to sell his he allowed me to purchase it and become its new care taker.

Its a survivor car and I am now the 3rd owner. 64' 425 single 4 barrel, full rebuild, blueprint and balance with TA performance cam, stainless valves, TA springs, Vintage Air, 4 Note Horns, All 6 windows power, cruise, tilt, power seat, Guidematic, AM/FM, The only items not optioned is a rear window defroster and dual-quad package.

Hopefully next year I will have time to tear it down and redo the paint/body and have all the trim/pot metal and bumpers re chromed.

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

• Like 5

Hey there folks,

I'm a new member at ROA, and proud to be one. Here is my 1971 Buick Riviera survivor, owned by the same family since it was bought brand new in 1971 from the local Buick dealer in Gunnison, CO. It is my second 71 Riv and will be with me for the remainder of it's/my days! I picked it up about 4-5 months ago just after it finished a 10 year stint at the Gunnison pioneer museum, here in Colorado. The pic with me in it is taken just after I was handed the title, across the street from the previous owners house. This Riv has bought happiness back into my life. I love her! I just need to find someone trustworthy, who knows THESE cars,  in CO to do some freshening up and upgrades under the hood. She will need paint and a top but I'm not worried about that just yet, first things first, the guts!! (P.S. I just realized, as I was going through the pages in this thread, that I posted a few pics of my car back in July. Sorry for the repost.)

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4486.JPG

Edited by Jprez006 (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Gorgeous car JPrez- love the boattails . They ride and drive like a dream.- not the screaming torque of the early generation but lots of fun. Enclosing a couple of pics of my 72, mild resto - mod. Also have a 73 GS that gets lots of looks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum.  Looks like you're set to have some fun.  Curiously is it a '63 or a '64?  It has a '64 hood but '63 tail light lenses.  Just one of the three of ways of telling the two apart from the exterior. 1) - Hood emblem, 2) - Trunk emblem (none on yours), and 3) - tail light lenses.  Otherwise the exteriors are the same for both years. 

28 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Welcome to the forum.  Looks like you're set to have some fun.  Curiously is it a '63 or a '64?  It has a '64 hood but '63 tail light lenses.  Just one of the three of ways of telling the two apart from the exterior. 1) - Hood emblem, 2) - Trunk emblem (none on yours), and 3) - tail light lenses.  Otherwise the exteriors are the same for both years. 

Its 64 nailhead 425ci

now i made full restoration and i changed the color to black 

As im from Saudi Arabia its hard to do restoration for a rear classic car you cant find any of them around here ??

94285658-D7BA-4573-BE51-0A3D1E8960F5.jpeg

702B32CF-0218-4706-A726-8DDFAFBE5DF9.jpeg

FD32C292-A8C1-4D3B-9DCB-FC124A483EDE.jpeg

A06C2705-3CE9-4D87-875B-F1821DB6F00D.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, bodayguy said:

I don't think I ever shared this one of my 64 at the Edmonds park last summer, with the ferry in the background. She's a beaut, Clark.

Rivi-beach.JPG

Classic automobile. I have the same car except mine is red on red. ha! Yes, Sir a very fine looking automobile. Automotive/industrial art at the top.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 4:43 AM, Red Riviera Bob said:

The blue interior sure does look great. I like the AC mods you made that are very clean and crisp. Appears you modified the audio with an audio control center on the console. This car would have high potential if I were in the market. Just from what I could see it would be around $28k and up for a fair price. Of course, I’m happy to be wrong on the price being too low, but it sure looks real good.

Red Riviera Bob

Just kidding, ?

A Sunday outing to a local wine district. Must have been a “GM only day, as we spotted 50’s Caddilac, 65 Chevrolet Super Sport and 67 Camaro convertible. Owner of the Super Sport said he shoulda bought a 63 Riviera some time back, but missed out! I agree! 

1CEAEC10-B5A5-46DB-8D91-A0378C75F2FA.jpeg

A84CD807-0CDB-410E-87F6-8534D55093EC.jpeg

2F8EF85E-F2AA-46A5-AA86-0A51FB1E8B62.jpeg

• Like 5

I took a break from a couple of other projects this past weekend and finally installed the springs I picked up from Jamco a couple of months ago, and an extra set of KYB shocks (the Monroe shocks that I replaced were installed in 1993 according to the receipt I found in the stack of paperwork from the original owner).  After and before...

Vins Rivi.jpg

Vins Rivi before.jpg

Edited by Vin63 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, cultusrider said:

That looks excellent @Vin63! Do you mind telling us the costs of the parts and how long everything took to complete? Appreciated and thanks, Scott

Here are a few of my “girls” although not getting enough time together these days :(

1A8739E3-39FB-48F8-A466-77B2BDDEBD62.jpeg

You'd better keep your eyes on those two or there will be a young Buford running around in the garage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vin63 said:

I took a break from a couple of other projects this past weekend and finally installed the springs I picked up from Jamco a couple of months ago, and an extra set of KYB shocks (the Monroe shocks that I replaced were installed in 1993 according to the receipt I found in the stack of paperwork from the original owner).  After and before...

Vins Rivi.jpg

Vins Rivi before.jpg

Hi Vin, they might be twins. Would be keen to see the data plate on your Riviera. And some inside photos if you had, interior looks like red but not sure. Springs and shocks have made a height difference too! Love the Arctic White!

cheers

Rodney

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi Vin, they might be twins. Would be keen to see the data plate on your Riviera. And some inside photos if you had, interior looks like red but not sure. Springs and shocks have made a height difference too! Love the Arctic White!

cheers

Rodney

Thanks! It was the 11,475th built in the first week of December. It has 718J2 trim package blue leather. 

• 2 weeks later...