GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

22 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

"Please remove your foot from my car"!

Boy howdy! She must weigh a lot more than she appears.  She's got the left front side of that car almost touching the ground. It looks about a foot closer to the ground than the right front. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here we go with color  matching hues.

I know this is a artist rendered print but can somebody tell me what kind of car this is...it has Buick cues as portholes and sweepspear shapes for some reason this print makes me drink ?!

7F95E312-F909-4660-9D73-E00DEE4EA94B.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

Here we go with color  matching hues.

I know this is a artist rendered print but can somebody tell me what kind of car this is...it has Buick cues as portholes and sweepspear shapes for some reason this print makes me drink ?!

7F95E312-F909-4660-9D73-E00DEE4EA94B.jpeg

This drawing is by Bill Medcalf. It was originally drawn as an ad for Kelly-springfield tires in 1950.  If you Google him and his pinup girls, you'll see he draws a lot of cars,  none of which are actual cars but appear to be a compilation of features from many cars.

• Thanks 1

At first glance I thought she was waiting for a tall old man in a straw hat standing on the other side of the car with his shoulders kinda hunched up. But his feet didn't show.

1203888850_oldmanstrawhat.JPG.562deddcffd20a572d92ed1fea64dbbb.JPG

Pretty sure my Wife has stood like that a couple times.

Bernie

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stooge said:

A few I've found recently

1926.jpg.7340265c75e6104261596dd2bdb2e2ce.jpg

1943.jpg.1edfb2fadd77d68cc97cca8eea2971f9.jpg

1956.jpg.04b13f766438cc55944a35a0367a576f.jpg

i found the rail cars in the background very interesting. i'm not familiar with what kind of rail car they are and what they were used for. they almost look like some sort of troop transport. 

39 minutes ago, MRJBUICK said:

i found the rail cars in the background very interesting. i'm not familiar with what kind of rail car they are and what they were used for. they almost look like some sort of troop transport. 

Unfortunately, I can not help you there, but the accompanying caption where I found the picture reads; 

Somewhere in New Mexico: 1956. On the road back to California from Florida, May 28, 1956. Cropped left side of image as it had the "end of roll" light leak. I'll bet the train was long enough for my dad to stop the car, get out the camera and have my mom pose.

And just because I have it handy, the caption for the mechanic in coveralls picture,

June 1943. "Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Miss Natalie O'Donald, attendant at the Atlantic Refining Company garages." A Gibson Girl in coveralls. Medium format negative by Jack Delano for the Office of War Information.

1 hour ago, Stooge said:

Unfortunately, I can not help you there, but the accompanying caption where I found the picture reads; 

Somewhere in New Mexico: 1956. On the road back to California from Florida, May 28, 1956. Cropped left side of image as it had the "end of roll" light leak. I'll bet the train was long enough for my dad to stop the car, get out the camera and have my mom pose.

And just because I have it handy, the caption for the mechanic in coveralls picture,

June 1943. "Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Miss Natalie O'Donald, attendant at the Atlantic Refining Company garages." A Gibson Girl in coveralls. Medium format negative by Jack Delano for the Office of War Information.

Thanks for the info

On 6/1/2018 at 4:27 AM, Elpad said:

Now, I have never seen this Buick here, either the picture should have been taken to show the rear tail wing or a  yellow jacket would have ? been in order

4D9B5F27-D572-4107-986D-106ADFCA3194.jpeg

Do you think that bottom end has seen work?

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1