All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. VA and NC outlawed it a couple years ago after some fatality crashes where the squat truck driver couldn't see the smaller vehicle he was about to hit and run over. Normally I don't care what people do with their personal vehicles but a Squat is a real hazard to whatever it's sharing the road with. Mmph. Senior Week at Myrtle Beach coming up. I have a feeling a lot of 2024 high school graduates who have squat trucks are gonna leave their graduation money with the Myrtle Beach PD because, as I tell these kids every year, Myrtle Beach cops love an out-of-town boy's money!🤑
  3. If it ends up at an estate auction, it could be an opportunity! Here's the ad text: Listing ahead of future estate sale, Dodge Brothers 1928 Victory Sedan that’s halfway restored with a frame refinished and powder coated, new flathead engine, a ton of new parts, refinished wooden wheels, tires, and a ton more. This antique car once finished, will be very nice and will last for another 100 years. It hasn’t been registered since the 50s, the body is in decent shape has some surface rust but no holes or damage, so theoretically could be put back together as is but it’s ready to be fully restored now. Over $12k in parts and work has been invested. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to so I am listing it to gage interest.
  4. gene has everything for the first generation, the man and the chat are priceless
  5. First, I know nothing about AC systems, including terminology. I ordered a new filter dryer for a Mercedes-Benz 380SL. The original dryer has a brass fitting with a pigtail that threads into the filter. On the new filter, the threads are not the same. The new filter is supplied with a plug for the above threaded port. The question is: 1: What’s the brass fitting with the pigtail? 2: Can I just tap threads into the plug and thread the brass fitting into the plug? There’s plenty of meat for the threads, it’s a question of proper function.
  6. Would this work with a 29 standard
  7. Marketplace - whippet cars | Facebook
  8. Everybody's been to the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin. If not, they're just on the fringes of antique car collecting. 🙂 Centrally located, halfway between the Fountainhead Museum and the Gilmore Car Museum, and right on the same four-lane that goes through Las Vegas ( just 1,427 miles north ) 😮 Seriously, Stan Reynolds had a huge car collection and he set about preserving much of it much more successfully than a lot of collectors. He went to the government and said why don't you give me 20 million and build a state of the art museum and I'll give you your choice of my cars (and trucks and tractors and aircraft)...then the province of Alberta will have a visitor attraction between its two largest cities and the bulk of my collection won't disappear when I die. Like some of the Harrah Collection, the Tupelo, Mississippi collection of Frank Spain's, and the Hostetler Hudson collection in Indiana.
  9. In remarkably good condition. No AC in Georgia must be a tough sell. Not too far gone yet! Last pure Exner Imperial. I always liked these with their electroluminescent dash. Not a fan of the four door, but not a bad deal.
  10. Some time ago, a friend gave a Pontiac Bonneville with around 300K miles on it. I was talking to my Brother and mentioned that I got a "new" car. He asked me how much I paid for it. I said, "nothing, it was free". He said, "that much, huh"? That comment confused me until I'd owned the car for a very short while.
  11. Mercman, what was this Australian LTD based on? Aus Falcon?
  12. Ok, time for more dumb questions. I'm trying to figure out this fender skirt puzzle. I have the gravel guards that are supposed to go with the skirts. They have stainless trim on them and a body-colored cap that goes on top. I know that the standard gravel guards have a tab that you twist over to secure them to the fender, but these don't. The cap does, but the guards themselves don't. They have some mounting holes, and I was able to line them up with holes in the fender. But I just can't figure out the fastener system. It seems like maybe there was a t-nut that also held the stainless trim? Any thoughts prayers or pictures from someone who knows would be greatly appreciated. The parts manual shows the main parts but not the fasteners. I am stumped. I probably could make something up, but I'd like to find the correct system first.; especially because if these fall off, I'll probably never find another set. Hopefully my pictures don't confuse the issue more.
  13. Yesterday was a big day for me and my 38 Buick. The Buick is running, and quite well to say the least. Pressing the gas peddle to the floor three times set the choke on the front carb and the engine starts right up, staying on a fast idle until the throttle is depressed. The exhaust with the dual chambered muffler is very quite, sounds like a V8 🤤.. I should add that the car had a large glass pack muffler with a small 1.5 inch tail pipe, The exhaust was quite laud, like a truck. It will a few more days before the 38 is road ready, few little adjustments have to be made. I like the black wall tires in lieu of the wide whites the car had when I bought it. The original spare tie was still the trunk when I bought the car, it was gray with pin strips. i decided to paint whe wheels gray. I thought about red, then said no, lets keep things as close to factory original as possible. Looking at the rear of the car you can just barely note the dual exhaust tips. I used tips that slightly turn down, to down play the dual exhausts, which would lead the average person to think the car has a V8 in lieu of a straight eight. Wm.
  14. I'm in Ohio and if it is available for sale I would be interested. I like cars I don't have to chase across the country. Not knowing what the mechanics are like, I'd like to see the car first. Franklin's are not easy to rebuild and no one is making parts for these like you can find for other more common/popular makes. I'm not a flipper but, I don't think there is any margin in the price.. you can contact me by PM if you like
  15. I would say a 47 Convertible would be a good buy if it was in that shape at that price.
  16. Be sure to take a lot of pictures of it sitting on the trailer or flatbed for advertising. That method of marketing seems to be quite popular these days.
  17. If will not be a tour car the lip seal should last a long time if the bearing surfaces are not that sloppy. Since I drive my 1925s I wanted the sealed units. It is a lot of work to do these! I made 3 so far. Just the amount of aluminum scrap generated turning down the hub core is intimidating.
  18. I find engines that have sat for a very long time have clean oil on the dipstick. But if you start it all the dirt/sludge that has had years to settle in the pan gets sucked up and you have very dirty oil circulating. Or worse, the sludge in the pan has clogged the oil pickup. 😮 Please change the oil before starting.👍 That reminds me, I have to get to Walmart, my truck just gave me the Change Oil Soon message...😁
  19. We had a Skyhawk wagon equivalent of the Cavalier and we liked the car a lot. Easy to drive, maneuver, good fuel economy, and could handle a lot of stuff that a newly wed couple needed to haul to set up a home.
  20. Today
  21. Hoping to prove you wrong, lol. First guy to look at it was yesterday, owner received a deposit and full price offer, pending pick up and final payment on Saturday.
  22. I am an AACA member, and frequent other sections on this AACA Forum. I want to spread the word that most of the well known Corvair gurus are currently on corvairforum.com .👍🛠️🚒🚗👍
  23. Hello, I see this post is 2 years old, thought I’d check to see if you are still parting out? thanks
  24. Here ya go. https://letterpresscommons.com/linoleum/#:~:text=The most common type of,off rolls of various widths.
  1. Load more activity