Parting 1953 Buick Roadmaster 2 Door Hardtop

FireballV8

Happy Friday 

I am looking for hood release handle and mount, also the hood latch pin. Early version is short the latter production is longer, I am looking for the longer pin. I am gathering parts for a power brake improvement looking for vacuum pumps and relays. Is  your RM a  power seat and window car. 

Thanks 

Steve 

12 hours ago, 195354 said:

Happy Friday 

I am looking for hood release handle and mount, also the hood latch pin. Early version is short the latter production is longer, I am looking for the longer pin. I am gathering parts for a power brake improvement looking for vacuum pumps and relays. Is  your RM a  power seat and window car. 

Thanks 

Steve 

Hi Steve

I will take a look at the pin, the hood release handle is gone, but the rest is intact. Incidentally, do you know how to remove the hood release handle?

The 53 Buick’s do not have the vacuum pump or relays, the 54’s do as the problem with loss of vacuum was discovered in 53. This is a power brake car.

It is a hydro electric seat and window car. 
thanks

On 7/29/2022 at 9:25 AM, 195354 said:

I am thinking the handle is gone because the cable snapped and it pulled out of the mount and then it is lost. Construction of the cable from what I recall is like a choke cable, cable snaps and you can pull the handle clear out.

Your power seat does it have the metal cover that fits on the front of the seat. It bolts on it is just in front of the ram assembly. The  function of the guard from what I can see is is to keep items away from the power ram. 

I am also looking for the R/H lower SS trim below the door

I have seen vacuum systems on 53 cars far and few between. I dug out my Service bulletins  it was added  Oct 1 on new production.  Offered as a  retro fit on cars that needed it. In my opinion they all needed it, did they not have recalls back in the day. 

My Roadmaster has power brakes when the engine is not running the brake pedal is almost impossible to push down. I have to wonder how many accidents these cars had due to this.   I would like a factory setup if possible. If not I might add an aftermarket pump.  Plenty of information on these brakes in the Buick forums. 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 6:06 PM, The 52 said:

Willing to ship larger items? I'm needing both quarter panels to replace the ones on my 52' super riviera. I believe they are compatible?

Hi Mark

The rear fenders are different from yours, I am not sure they will bolt on.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi Benny

Yes, I still have the car as I am not finished with my project. I have someone interested one of the rear fenders, but do have both fronts and one rear available. Where are you located? It will be hard to ship these fenders.

Thanks

Steve