All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I converted my 1971 Monte Carlo to a Pertronix unit 24 years ago and it has been flawless since.
  3. There's no reason to put an HEI on a nailhead. They are too large, ugly to look at and are less reliable than a stock distributor with a Pertronix conversion kit installed. This is only my opinion of course........other opinions may vary.
  4. Got the batteries load tested and both are bad. Just like you guy said. Got a new batterie. It still just turns the bendix gear but doesn't turn the flywheel. I didn't monkey with the bendix gear when I cleaned the starter and replaced the brushes.
  5. From some family photos my wife found recently. The photo is out of focus as originally taken. I have no clue what it might be.
  6. Some pictures need no explanation…
  7. This Victory Six is currently in the "Not Mine" cars for sale forum - LINK Not what you're sking, but it shows there is availability
  8. Marmon Herrington trucks have distinct badging on the hood and dashboard. I don't see holes in the hood for this badging on this truck. The windows look crudely cut also. I would venture to guess its not a Marmon Herrington.
  9. Yesterday and today was spent getting the engine running. It had very low compression many years ago and I pulled it and put a replacement in about 12 years ago. I talked to the guy that I bought it from and he said that that engine ran good and may have been rebuilt before he got the car. So during COVID lockdown I went over the engine and got the compression back up and when I was working on the FOR I pulled the engine that I put in it 12 years ago. This engine is what the car was titled with so I wanted it back in the car. Yesterday I fired it up and it ran good for a few seconds, then ran out of gas. After working on the fuel pump I got it running again but the more I ran it the worse it got. Today I noticed the centrifugal advance on the distributor was not working right. So apart it came and cleaned everything up and now it fires up on the touch of the starter button. I also installed a seat and added brake fluid and drove it around my lot today. Did a little work on the top bows and also got the bumper back for the '90 T Bird. Lots to do!
  10. I have the original title with the envelope it came in for my 35 Buick but the envelope is post marked 1934.
  11. Back in the late sixties we had one of the sedans like this traded into our Toyota dealership. I just couldn't cozy up to it. It smoked and made funny noises. They weren't very big either. Now I'm thinking it would be kind of neat to own one.
  12. How do these cars steer in a parking lot? They are a big car and don't have power steering.
  13. Today
  14. "Modern linoleum" is just vynal flooring, Marmoleum is true linoleum, burlap backing, linseed oil, and all.
  15. 25.00 plus shipping Has surface rust Will not fit an 8 passenger sedan send me a message for more info.
  16. And thank you for providing great detailed info and keeping us informed. Let this serve as an excellent example of how the forum can work provided the OP is an active and enthusiastic participant. Congrats on this great addition to your collection. See you on tour. Terry
  17. At least it is available and didn’t have to fab one up. Mike
  18. You might get it to go faster but that also puts more stress on the mechanical parts.
  19. Not familiar with Marmoleum. But I have done more than my share of linoleum installations. Hope to never have to do that again! Not really that bad though I suppose compared to a lot of things. 'Battleship' linoleum as it comes to my mind is a very heavy rubbery, vinyl type flooring with a burlap like core, it may have linseed oil associated with it somehow? I think (well before my time) that it was used on Battleships as a durable floor covering? Hence the name. No way it compares to modern linoleum other than the name. I have a customer with an 18th century house that has an entire bedroom wing with the stuff as a floor covering. He wanted to replace it but I talked them out of it just because. Its ugly brown but more durable than a lot of things.
  20. This is what Centerville says on their webpage about HEI distributors. "The HEI units are just plain ugly and not worthy of the a beautiful Buick engine. I call the HEI the "Elephant Mans Head Distributor" They can also cause firewall clearance problems. "
  21. If you look at his order of operations, it may explain a lot :). He said he did the carb but it's also listed as needing to be cleaned, as is the fuel tank. Things that have been done carburetor Radiator Generator fuel pump plugs wires coil points, rotor Things needed Clean fuel tank clean carburetor master cylinder timing
  22. I recently purchased a 1910 Maxwell Model AA. It underwent a beautiful restoration roughly 50 years ago but looks a fresh as it was done in recent years. The previous owner also rebuilt the engine, with new cylinders made. The car drives very nicely and I enjoy having it on the road but question the top speed and if any adjustments might need done. Top speed is 25 mph. I followed a similar Maxwell on a tour many years ago and the unrestored vehicle was running about 22 mph. I don't know if that one was just old and tired or if it was typical? I talked with another Maxwell AA owner who said his will cruise at 32 mph, but also said he has oversized pistons. I'm uncertain of my piston size with this engine rebuild. I'm happy traveling at 25 but wonder if additional tuning or adjustments might be done to bring it up a bit? Thanks in advance, Dave PS: the attached picture was taken prior to the thorough waxing and brass polishing I've done. :-)
  1. Load more activity