For Sale: 1976 Ford Granada 2dr Coupe, 60K miles, 6-cylinder - $5,950 - Chesapeake, VA - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $5,950: 5-22-2023: 

For Sale: 1976 Ford Granada 2dr Coupe, 60K miles, 6-cylinder - $5,950 - Chesapeake, VA - Still Available, Unchanged Price $5,950: 5-22-2023: See New Link Below:

1976 ford granada - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

At, am radio, 250 6cyl, NEW PLUGS AND WIRES, JUST SERVICED, PAINT IN GREAT SHAPE INTERIOR IN GREAT SHAPE CHROME AND TRIM IN GREAT SHAPE, RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT CLEAN, DRIVE ANYWHERE.

Copy and paste in your email: f1aab6ee265638368a4febfb2e27c98f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1976 Ford Granada 2dr Coupe.

'76 ford granada VA a.jpg

'76 ford granada VA b.jpg

'76 ford granada VA c.jpg

'76 ford granada VA d.jpg

'76 ford granada VA e.jpg

'76 ford granada VA f.jpg

'76 ford granada VA g.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Unchanged Price $5,950: 5-22-2023:  Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

A local buddy here in TX had one of these until he passed just a couple of years ago.  It was a fantastic reliable car for him for almost a decade.  Six and auto and a 2 door.  Perhaps a year or two different.   I wasn't impressed when he bought it but I became so over those years having ridden in it numerous times.   I'd have to comment this could be a transportation bargain in these days and times.

• Like 3

April 1 Old Cars Weekly has an article on a 1977 Monarch and I often see a Fairmont Futura at local cruise nights. They've made me think about these cars as a good entry level collector car.

These cars were everywhere when new and sorta blended into the scenery. Yeah, boring 70s-mobile but 40 years down the road they're actually kinda interesting.

Chesapeake is too close for comfort!😬

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Den41Buick said:

Nice 70’s car. Would rather have a LTD. At least it’s not a Pinto.

The Pinto was a MUCH better car, and a LOT more fun to drive. I drove both when they were new. The six-cylinder Granada was a slug that couldn't get out of its own way. The $3,500 mentioned above sounds about right on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Peterson said:

The six-cylinder Granada was a slug that couldn't get out of its own way.

Well, West... to be fair the smogged Ford Six wasn't the only one to have that problem!

My Uncle Julian bought a 1976 Volare sedan with a six. It couldn't pull itself up his 15% grade concrete driveway.

He went back to the dealer and made the sales manager try to drive it up the driveway with same results.

An hour later he was driving a 318-equipped Volare. 

Might add street parking was impossible as he lived on a major highway.

He'd had several slant six Mopars and a four-cylinder Chevy II wagon that had no trouble with the steep driveway, but those didn't have the smog equipment that 76 Volare did.

I don't think the GM 250 had as much problem as the Ford and Chrysler sixes did in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

You guys priced used cars recently?😁  Of course it needs a little negotiation on that price, but not much in the $3500 range anymore that you would want to ride in and think you will get to a destination.

My father had one in red. He put well over 100k miles on the thing before he traded it in. I remember that when new, the paint was so soft that as kids, we would dig our finger nails into the trunk lid then watch the marks disappear in the hot sun. It took quite some time for the paint to harden enough for him to wax the car.

I think six grand is fair for a car that one could daily drive and take to your local cruise in!

Having owned three of those things……….and really didn’t mind them too much, I figured I would post this to take all of us back to the good old days when I drove them……….best 40 bucks I ever spent. Even the AC worked…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, I remember the day my Dad purchased a 1977 Ford Granada 4 door sedan in Silver and I went along for the ride the day he purchased it, I remember it like it was yesterday, my Dad had that car for about 30 years and gave it to our neighbor when my Parents purchased a new car, our neighbor had that Granada for about another 10 years, the body on that car was like a tank, never any problems with it, that was a really good car.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1976 Ford Granada 2dr Coupe, 60K miles, 6-cylinder - $5,950 - Chesapeake, VA - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $5,950: 5-22-2023: