Happy New Year everyone!

Terry Bond

It's about time to open a new bottle of Scotch and celebrate the beginning of a new year!  Best wishes to all old car friends and automobilia collectors! 

Terry

New Years Greetings nice car.jpg

• Like 16

My very best for 2023 to all. Happy motoring.

My personal favorite for adult beverage to dispel frosty conditions is what my paternal grandfather liked best , and so did Austin Clark - Black & White whiskey of Scottish decent. Besides the label has a Westie and a Scottie dog on it . I like them too.

• Like 10

Have a Happy New Year All. Be safe. Don't drink and drive. Get a ride if your ringing in the New Year away from home. I have everything right here at home that I need. Although, I may decide to drive this truck around the Tree a few times with Captain Morgan....

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TerryB said:

I’ll be celebrating with a nice cold bottle of…Geritol and partying to a least 10PM!  Happy New Year to all.

Resembling that comment, but minus the Geritol, we'll fix a round of true New Orleans :

A Hurricane Lamp-shaped tall glass, shaved ice, 

2 ounces of Light Rum,

2 ounces of Dark Rum,

4 ounces of Jero's Red Passion Fruit Cocktail Mix,

a slice of Orange

And your 2nd one will remind you just how much "quiet" kick it has-

(especially if you choose to play Leap Frog over fire hydrants, but let the DESIGNATED DRIVER have her way)

We're staying home - I had way too many years playing trumpet, heading up my band 6 nights a week, and then big nights like New Years Eve.

Just the two of us at home,

and maybe top off the evening with some Harvey's Bristol Cream.

Tomorrow we'll grill some ribs and watch the Saints game, holding out for the Tulane - USC game on Monday,While daughter watches LSU 

Best for the New Year to all-

Build 'em,

Fix 'em,

Drive 'em, and share 'em with the public-

but stay safe, so we get to

SEE YOU DOWN THE ROAD

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Have a Happy New Year All. Be safe. Don't drink and drive. Get a ride if your ringing in the New Year away from home. I have everything right here at home that I need. Although, I may decide to drive this truck around the Tree a few times with Captain Morgan....

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

As Dean Martin used to say:  “Never drink and drive.  You might hit a pot hole and spill your drink”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At my age I have come to the somber realization that many of us share the possibility of not seeing 2024. In the meantime enjoy every day and don’t put off letting friends and loved ones know how much they are appreciated. Life has been good for most of us and we have been enriched by this hobby and especially this forum. It is 70 degrees in central Texas right now and I am going to drive the 66 GTO convertible around the neighborhood   Happy New Year 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:10 PM, Marty Roth said:

Resembling that comment, but minus the Geritol, we'll fix a round of true New Orleans :

A Hurricane Lamp-shaped tall glass, shaved ice, 

2 ounces of Light Rum,

2 ounces of Dark Rum,

4 ounces of Jero's Red Passion Fruit Cocktail Mix,

a slice of Orange

And your 2nd one will remind you just how much "quiet" kick it has-

(especially if you choose to play Leap Frog over fire hydrants, but let the DESIGNATED DRIVER have her way)

We're staying home - I had way too many years playing trumpet, heading up my band 6 nights a week, and then big nights like New Years Eve.

Just the two of us at home,

and maybe top off the evening with some Harvey's Bristol Cream.

Tomorrow we'll grill some ribs and watch the Saints game, holding out for the Tulane - USC game on Monday,While daughter watches LSU 

Best for the New Year to all-

Build 'em,

Fix 'em,

Drive 'em, and share 'em with the public-

but stay safe, so we get to

SEE YOU DOWN THE ROAD

“I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day-”

Frank Sinatra

• Haha 1