Does Anyone Remember The Guy With the Old Yard in New Jersey with Projects?

This isn't really the correct place for this inquiry but I am not sure General Discussion is either.  

About 4-8 years ago, an old projects yard I think in New York or New Jersey would post that they were starting to sell accumulated project cars.  

These cars were typically Full Classics, or interesting cars like DeSoto convertibles and such.  He had purchased them for years dating back to the 1940's and would come on every once in awhile and post a car for sale and "tease" us with what else might be available.  

I was interested in one such old Cadillac that was still buried and he did not think he would get to it but would let me know when the selling of cars reached the Cadillac.  

But as expected that moment was a long time ago and I do not recall seeing his posts for a long time.  Anybody remember who I am speaking of?  

yes,  he had a few nice unrestored items for sale , early 30s Desoto, 1918 buick, early teen bodies etc. i have sent him a few emails over the last years.  If the same gentleman   he a lot of stuff that he stated that he needed to "dig out " of sheds for photos etc. Please send me a message and i will forward my email.  a very nice guy if the same one we are talking about. Keith

I remember him well. He was running a Tow business. Some very interesting cars . But in many cases quite poor condition and prices that were in many cases pretty high given the condition of the cars. He seemed to be having a lot more success selling to rodders and to people in Europe. Everything from Brass Era cars to Austin Healey sports cars.

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

I remember him well. He was running a Tow business. Some very interesting cars . But in many cases quite poor condition and prices that were in many cases pretty high given the condition of the cars. He seemed to be having a lot more success selling to rodders and to people in Europe. Everything from Brass Era cars to Austin Healey sports cars.

I think that is him.  His prices were high and he always referred to his reasoning as "you can't find this stuff any more".  

• Like 1

If it is the person I am thinking of, his handle was RICHELIEUMOTORCAR, and I imagine you might still be able to contact him by sending a PM on the forum. That triggers an email, and he should get it if his contact info has not changed.

Some fine folks in this forum were dragging him over the coals for hoarding these cars and not storing them better, when it was really his uncle, and a lot of the cars were acquired in the 40s when they would have otherwise been scrapped and would no longer exist at all. I imagine he got tired of it, and I don't blame him a bit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I know there are regulars here that are in contact with him.......at least just before the pandemic. He had a bunch of interesting cars.......and seemed like a true car guy. Too bad he’s gone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, edinmass said:

I know there are regulars here that are in contact with him.......at least just before the pandemic. He had a bunch of interesting cars.......and seemed like a true car guy. Too bad he’s gone. 

By gone do you mean "GONE GONE"????? or just MIA???

I remember he was selling a 53 Dodge Convertible Pace Car, too.

Edited by Joe Cocuzza
mistake (see edit history)

He did have some interesting stuff, but was stored away poorly.

I liked that pace car.

There was a Cadillac that was controversial as it was straight but parked parked away for so long that the patina got to it badly.

I also miss looking at his stuff even through all that patina. To bad he got chased away.

I do seem to recall that it was stuff that came from his family.

This is the kind of thing where the auctions kindle up dreams of retirement.

3 minutes ago, TerryB said:

1953 Dodge Indy pace car.  That one looked great.

Yes it did,

I have an acquaintance in Duluth that has a couple of these. Its been several years since I saw them but they were there then.

I think one of his may have been the actual pace car as it has a straight manual transmission and a couple of other things that looked like Mother Mopar may have done.

4 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

When he was active here, I sometimes wondered if there was a connection to the historic Richelieu motor car. Guess I may never know. 

Interesting that roysboystoys' link goes to Wikipedia auf Deutschland? Aber, ich kan sie lesen.

Yes , you can switch it to English translation.

No,but I remember the guy in New Jersey,that had( stored/hoarded )a 1,000 plus  Edison and Columbia cylinder phonographs at his mother's house.

And the guy in New Jersey who saved thousands/ tons of early brass car era, brass crap..

He was known to just give anything to anyone who needed it..

I went as a pre teen (1970)with a friend who knew "Austy" Clark ,for an introduction.

We got some early Auburn lamps and a Maxwell radiator and some used non skid tires.

Who was that guy?

19 minutes ago, Cadillac Fan said:

Didn’t he indicate that he had a 30-31 Cadillac v16 roadster in a building attached to a building that he could not get out.  

Yes.........that is what I remember also. 

• Like 1