For Sale: 1936 Oldsmobile Eight L-36 4dr Sedan - $7,000 - Warner, NH - Not Mine -SOLD!!! - For Sale Again, now at Barrington Hills, ILL, Priced $14,000: 1-10-2023:

For Sale: 1936 Oldsmobile Eight L-36 4dr Sedan - $7,000 - Warner, NH - SOLD!!! - For Sale Again, now at Barrington Hills, ILL, Priced $14,000: 1-10-2023:
1936 Oldsmobile - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This is a 1936 Oldsmobile Series L-36 touring sedan. The car has a straight 8 flat head engine that starts and runs. I priced the car to sell. I no longer use the car very much because I am preparing to retire and go on the road. Please email me with any interest or questions. odometer: 83523
Copy and paste in your email: 7dcae362ba1b3cb889de26d8047963de@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1936 Oldsmobile Eight L-36 4dr Sedan.

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH a.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH b.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH c.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH d.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH e.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH f.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH g.jpg

'36 Oldsmobile 8 NH h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
For Sale Again, now at Barrington Hills, ILL, Priced $14,000: 1-10-2023: (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I would add to the re-chrome list to check the wiring, so that you don't see your pride and joy go up in flames. When I purchased my '40 Buick it did not occur to me that 80 year old wiring might be brittle and subject to shorting out. Nice looking car. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, suchan said:

Black car, blackwalls, trim rings: great look. Great price, too.

My dream car (at the moment) is a '38 Buick Century with the same setup.

Oldsmobiles, like others of this era, probably came with "sunburst" painted designs on the wheels. Those probably served to date cars quickly and were painted over by used car lots. I can't say that I always like them in all cases, but this one could use something similar.

File:1936 Oldsmobile F36 Sedan (8518108286).jpg

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1936 Oldsmobile Eight L-36 4dr Sedan - $7,000 - Warner, NH - Not Mine -SOLD!!!
1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Good cars at realistic prices sell fast.  Hope it is going to an appreciative new conservator.

True, and I think that while the market for these sort of cars may not be what it was 20 years ago, this is the type of car that would appeal to a lot of folks looking at a prewar car to have some fun with.  Which leads to sentiment #2.  The type of car you hate to see butchered after having come so far...

Hope new owner enjoys the upcoming season!  Small town Memorial Day parade, Spring dust off show and ice cream shops are only a couple months out...

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1936 Oldsmobile Eight L-36 4dr Sedan - $7,000 - Warner, NH - Not Mine -SOLD!!! - For Sale Again, now at Barrington Hills, ILL, Priced $14,000: 1-10-2023:

For Sale Again, now at Barrington Hills, ILL, Priced $14,000: 1-10-2023:

1936 Oldsmobile - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

1936 Oldsmobile L36 touring sedan. Straight 8 cylinder. Original car. No rust. Was restored years ago. Still looks good. Recent work. Gas tank relined, electric and vacuum fuel pump rebuilt, but using the electric pump. Complete new clutch. Complete new brakes. Has slight leak in water pump and radiator cap gasket. Car shows 80,000 miles and speedo works. Have rebuild kit for water pump. Car needs very little. Was taking to local area’s with no problems. Would not drive too far till water pump rebuilt and new radiator gasket. Please leave name and number if interested. Absolutely no holes on floor or frame.

Copy and paste in your email: c991c73ae5383763b63e6a3bc6fdcfc3@sale.craigslist.org

'36 Olds 8 ILL a.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL b.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL c.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL d.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL e.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL f.jpg

19 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

For Sale Again, now at Barrington Hills, ILL, Priced $14,000: 1-10-2023:

Seller's Description:

1936 Oldsmobile L36 touring sedan. Straight 8 cylinder. Original car. No rust. Was restored years ago. Still looks good. Recent work. Gas tank relined, electric and vacuum fuel pump rebuilt, but using the electric pump. Complete new clutch. Complete new brakes. Has slight leak in water pump and radiator cap gasket. Car shows 80,000 miles and speedo works. Have rebuild kit for water pump. Car needs very little. Was taking to local area’s with no problems. Would not drive too far till water pump rebuilt and new radiator gasket. Please leave name and number if interested. Absolutely no holes on floor or frame.

Copy and paste in your email: c991c73ae5383763b63e6a3bc6fdcfc3@sale.craigslist.org

'36 Olds 8 ILL a.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL b.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL c.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL d.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL e.jpg

'36 Olds 8 ILL f.jpg

Five cylinder? Where's the 6th plug hiding?I see it now,nevermind.

Barrington IL is one of the elite suburbs west of Chicago. So that automatically makes the price of this car double what it was purchased for in CT. There are about as many horses as people in that area but more horses a$$es than horses so if interested be wary of what you will have to deal with. 
dave s 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...