Nov.-Dec. issue of Antique Automobile has arrived ( western long island)

Walt G

5 hours ago, Walt G said:

Another great issue, and especially interesting to see such good coverage of the new HQ and Library. EXCELLENT!

I received my Nov. - Dec. issue yesterday in Rochester, MN and agree that the coverage of the new Headquarters and Library was EXCELLENT!!!

After seeing the Headquarters in person about a month ago, it was very enjoyable to read the information about how it came to be.

Thanks for a great issue.

Tim

I'm glad everyone likes it (well, hope everyone does!).  We felt many people will not get a chance to tour this facility and we needed to bring it to them.  Our hope is that our members have a sense of pride that this is their building and that AACA is well prepared for the future.  As some one has said, now that it is built, we need to take it for a ride.  Lots of plans for the future with events and a greater chance of getting new members as a result. 

It was the most major accomplishment in our history but we have more new ideas in store for you in the coming year.  No less than 4 new projects in the works and a new website concept coming in the first quarter.  Contract signed and we will be ready to get to work.  The new site will be much easier to navigate for current members and MUCH better to entice new members.  It also will be compatible with the current technologies of cell phones, Ipads, etc.

Steve, I hope one of those projects will be a repair/body/paint shop we can bring our cars to for expert help. I would be happy to be the test car in the paint booth!  Just a thought if you needed suggestions on what at least one member would really love!  

The new complex is beautiful and it looks like it is very user friendly. You all definitely should be very proud of your hard work and how wonderful it turned out. 
dave s 

Dave, I cannot tell what the future will bring but once we get back on our feet financially we hope to do something spectacular with our current garage.  Have some great ideas but we need to triple its size for sure and there will have to be space to maintain our vehicles.  That being said, it might be time to put me out to pasture when those projects come along!!! 

• Haha 1

Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to have Ed paint it when he comes to paint the ceiling of my garage. By the time we let you go out to pasture I’ll be long gone, and I’m not planning  that any time soon. So maybe we’ll both see that updated garage. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)

1 word:

WOW!

The new AACA headquarters and library are stunning.  Makes me even more proud to be a life member of the great antique car club in the world.  The building will serve the club and its members well into the next generation.

Thanks to all those that were involved in making it all happen!

Can't wait to see it in person.

Peter

• Like 1