Bentleys in the wild

kgreen

A friend sent me these photos of a surprise gathering of Bentleys on tour.  All are drivers, one was completely original and a couple had been Concours winners but now collecting bug spats on their windscreens.

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9564.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, kgreen said:

... a surprise gathering of Bentleys on tour.  

I see the English license plates.  Probably only in their

home country could you get so many vintage Bentleys

together on quick notice.

A surprise gathering?  Do you mean it was a short-notice,

impromptu tour?  Or perhaps a gathering to honor someone

as a surprise party?  Regardless, they must have had fun.

About every five to ten years a group of (mostly) vintage Bentleys makes a tour of New Zealand - usually 20 or more cars. I think the first was in 1999. I recall one event from a few years later there were five (out of the 100 built) eight litre cars. That tour coincided with one run by the vintage Vauxhall group from Australia - not often you see a dozen or so 30-98s together.

Not an event for the 'impecunious'.

• Like 2

The Bentley guys drive the heck out of their cars. I like them a lot simply because they don't get needlessly hung up on body swaps and engine changes. They just go out and enjoy the cars as intended. We had them roll through our area a few years ago and I rode along with a friend for a day. The pace the Bentleys keep would leave almost any other Full Classic wheezing.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting these images, I would have been delighted to serendipitously discover this Bentley tour, lucky fellow who did.  Any photos of that blue postwar convertible?  I looks as if it might be a Graber cabriolet.

Bentley tour Michigan '21.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Thanks for posting these images, I would have been delighted to serendipitously discover this Bentley tour, lucky fellow who did.  Any photos of that blue postwar convertible?  I looks as if it might be a Graber cabriolet.

Bentley tour Michigan '21.jpg

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/am17/amelia-island/lots/r316-1953-bentley-mark-vi-cabriolet-conversion-by-graber/411610

• Like 1