Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

What truck lover wouldn't want to own this lil beauty?

Wonder if any still exist with this configuration?

Note the extinguisher over the passengers right shoulder. 
Amazing glimpse of the many truck types that rolled out during those industrious times.

So many simple yet gorgeous things to see on such a small platform.

I'd love to see if someone can put color to this...

Edit

I realize it's been posted earlier but was hoping someone had color capabilities to enhance it for us.

image.png.1ec945a653c1fa261263a3c21f0d5039.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Said to be Jefferson County MO 1912 

Can anyone give a positive ID on the type of vehicles? First one is said to be a Regal. 

image.png.b313b7475e576b2f0a80fbb7eaa9a25a.png

image.png.c940ec5673ae19ba0a4b94d6ae13605e.png

Yes, these are Regal Underslungs. They belonged to a commercial photographer in the area. There are quite a few very clear photographs of these cars on a local history website.

06A7972E-CE0C-4BE3-B57C-FEFB04734066.jpeg

Edited by Jorge Amado (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Said to be Jefferson County MO 1912 

Can anyone give a positive ID on the type of vehicles? First one is said to be a Regal. 

image.png.b313b7475e576b2f0a80fbb7eaa9a25a.png

image.png.c940ec5673ae19ba0a4b94d6ae13605e.png

These were taken by Charles Trefts. The car behind the bike looks like a Maxwell.

There are more photos here:

CHARLES TREFTS PHOTOGRAPHS, 1903-1963 (P0034)

This collection contains images from 1900 to 1963 depicting St. Louis City and County people, public buildings, riverfront scenes, bridges, churches, catastrophes, houses and parks. Trefts photographed many historic events such as the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition; the 1934 World Series; and aviation in St. Louis including the Wright brothers at Kinloch Field in 1908 and Charles Lindbergh's return from Paris in 1927. A number of images focus on Crawford and Iron Counties and the Lake of the Ozarks region in the early 1930s.

https://digital.shsmo.org/digital/collection/imc/search/searchterm/Trefts%2C William/field/subjec/mode/exact/conn/and

https://collections.shsmo.org/manuscripts/columbia/p0034

Regal Colonial Coupe.png

Edited by Jorge Amado (see edit history)
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I realize it's been posted earlier but was hoping someone had color capabilities to enhance it for us.

image.png.1ec945a653c1fa261263a3c21f0d5039.png

Take the phot to Patti at 'Imbued With Hues'  https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/general-studebaker-specific-discussion/1813688-colorizing-old-photos-esp-studebaker-some-samples

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/search?q=imbued&searchJSON={"keywords"%3A"imbued"}

She does an awesome job at colorizing old photographs.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

What truck lover wouldn't want to own this lil beauty?

Wonder if any still exist with this configuration?

Note the extinguisher over the passengers right shoulder. 
Amazing glimpse of the many truck types that rolled out during those industrious times.

So many simple yet gorgeous things to see on such a small platform.

I'd love to see if someone can put color to this...

Edit

My Irfanview software isn't the sophisticated version that does much with color but did bring more background up.

19-teens White truck.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dibarlaw said:

Interesting as Roscoe(Fatty) Arbuckle's car is. I find the 3 Franklin delivery trucks even more so.

They are hauling perfumed laundry. Couldn’t of weighed much and the wind blowers helped waft the perfume as the drove as advertising. Just a thought.

Looks like it was done pre WWII era , well then if the car exists now perhaps the owner would make an application with CCCA for a approval of "full classic" ( not partial or 45%  but full  classic)  if it is restored with plated wheels etc. it will be at a Grand Classic, or a concours or resto mod festival. 🤩

• Haha 5