Svengoolie

Buick35

Love the whole show.👍

Especially the part where they talk about the actors and other crew and the other movies they have been in. 

I can just imagine the jokes the Svengoolie team makes that aren't allowed to be aired (or is that cables now). Makes me want to help.

I watched Rebel Without A Cause a couple of nights ago. I told my wife that today Hollywood would have blown up most of southern California when those cars went over the cliff.

"Wait a minute Neil, something in Hollywood is messing up the picture"

Image result for earth from lunar surface

Late night's "Monolith Monsters" had a nice two-tone 1956 DeSoto FireFlite convertible and four door 1956 Plymouth police car, but a '55 Ford F-100 panel truck emergency vehicle.  Universal-International Pictures made a lot of those terrible old monster movies that were the second feature run at the drive-in theaters.   None of the actors were well-known then, many just getting a start in the business.  The cars are the best part of the movies.  Otherwise, its cardboard characters, one dimensional acting, stock plots and hilarious 'special' affects.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mssr. Bwatoe said:

I was watching last night, sweet dodge convert and station wagon in flick about silicon monster rocks.....

There were a couple silcone monsters on the dance floor in my bar last night.

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

18 hours ago, TerryB said:

Tonight is Colombo with his wacky police detective ways and early 1970s cars.

The original plan was a detective show called O'Brien but he solved the crime in 15 minutes. Colombo took 2 hours. That worked out better for them.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, 60FlatTop said:

I told my wife that today Hollywood would have blown up most of southern California when those cars went over the cliff.

This is so true. Nowadays a parking lot fender bender filmed in Hollywood would  have set the whole parking lot on fire.....🤣

Svengoolie has been a Chicago area institution for decades, now he's nationwide. He does get pretty silly but I do enjoy his snarky sense of humor, and also how he points out the connections between the actors and what other movies they were in, as someone mentioned. I guess he's he's not for everyone; for example my mother-in-law loves him, and my father-in-law doesn't get him. Good thing they have two televisions.

The '56 DeSoto was pretty sweet, too, and had a fair amount of airtime.