1936 Cord "Barnfind" (Denver)

Not mine & even if it was, I wouldn't admit I did what was done to bastardize this car.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1936-cord-barnfind/7004516032.html

1936 Cord 2-Seats convertible, brown minimal damage only to driver side headlight. Car has been stored for a long time, has a 289 Mustang engine and has ford drive train, tires flat, Beautiful Car. Make offer

00G0G_eyKsA6RozGj_600x450.jpg

00J0J_kqX5regY9Sn_600x450.jpg

00m0m_8FJlHqjTjRP_600x450.jpg

00a0a_hskM8ZIYSnW_600x450.jpg

31 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

So, is the engine that's in it something a replica would have? What drivetrains were used in the different replicas?

Yes, it is a replica and was common to use Ford engines in them.

The Glen Pray Cord used a Corvair engine. The body was shortened a tad,  but otherwise was very much like an original Cord.  Right tail lights, Hidden Headlights.  The big chrome windshield assembly.  Even a version of the Cord Dash panel was used,  though not an off the shelf piece from the original Cord.  I was actually toying with the idea of buying on this summer that looked to be in very good condition and priced very reasonable. 

A few Full size replicas have been built as well and someone was building a few slightly scaled down Sportsman's.  Like 7/8 scale.  Might have even been in metal 30 years or so ago. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Interestingly, these replica Cords are now pushing 50 years old + or -, they are accepted by the ACD club and have their own class at our events, you can show them in AACA, and ....  

Good color on it, looks solid enough,  they are a blast to drive (all be it drove a Glenn Prey Corvair with the turbocharged Corsa that Glenn hopped up even more and it was pretty  "touchy" and "not particularity user friendly"  - but it was zippy and did get out of its own way).

For fun of it. I also recommend a Shay Model A Roadster - friends in LA just bought one as they wanted a little more modern car (for trips) than their Model A's or 35 Ford Phaeton (thought they were going to go for a an early Mustang, but ...). 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

The Glen Pray Cord used a Corvair engine. The body was shortened a tad,  but otherwise was very much like an original Cord.  Right tail lights, Hidden Headlights.  The big chrome windshield assembly.  Even a version of the Cord Dash panel was used,  though not an off the shelf piece from the original Cord.  I was actually toying with the idea of buying on this summer that looked to be in very good condition and priced very reasonable. 

A few Full size replicas have been built as well and someone was building a few slightly scaled down Sportsman's.  Like 7/8 scale.  Might have even been in metal 30 years or so ago. 

I thought the replica was 8/10ths the size of the original... 

I couldn't quite put my finger on g brand, was thinking SAMS or SEM, close.

Craigslist ad with no price, I don't ever look at them, or $1, or $12345.

I also used to search common misspellings. I decided I didn't want to buy a car from a person who couldn't spell the name of their car.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

the spelling thing always amazes me - read it off the car if you must, and pay attention to what autocomplete is doing 

Camero

Alpha ( or better yet Alpha Romero)

Tornado

Packhard ( and Packerd)

convertable

straight V8

breaks (for the things that stop the car)

etc

Are all of these cars for sell?

• Haha 1

Several years ago I found a very nice 1968 Couger for sell on craigslist. 390 V-8 with maneul transmission and duel exhaust.

I almost bought it but at the last minute I found an even nicer Cadillac Coupe de Ville convertable.

The ad had one (blurry) picture of the exterior and 19 pictures of the aftermarket stereo.