Crashed Cars

Licespray

Here’s a dark topic..

Thinking of early cars and wood bodies - curious if anyone has pics of say pre-1940 cars that have been crashed, both recent and old? Not meaning during racing either.

Would be interesting to see, wonder who has a pic of the rarest/most valuable vehicle wrecked?

Have a look at the book "Antique Car Wrecks," edited by John Gunnell, published by Krause in 1990.  Over 200 pages of pictures of automotive disasters from the teens to the fifties.  Multiple copies available on Abebooks (used book website) for about $7 and up.  

Or any of the other Ohio Highway Patrol films!

Bloodbaths!😲

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Who is old enough to remember "Mechanized Death" from Drivers Ed?

Not old enough to see it in any drivers ed, but was posted on another forum I’m on several months ago. Pretty brutal.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:12 PM, plymouthcranbrook said:

Who is old enough to remember "Mechanized Death" from Drivers Ed?

They didn't have Drivers Ed. at the all boys Catholic high school I was stuck at for 4 years in the late '60s so I didn't see it. In case any of you missed it too here it is....

• Thanks 1

krause publications in 1990 published a book called "Antique Car Wrecks" from Old Cars Weekly's "Wreck of the Week" photo album. It has over 200 images edited by John Gunnell.  There are some great images of some coach built vehicles such as a 1931 Packard Coupe, 1930 Chrysler convertible coupe, 1932 Chrysler coupe, 1929 Cord L-29 four passenger cabriolet, 1933 Pierce Arrow Brougham,  and 1932 Buick five passenger 2-door convertible Phaeton. I picked up the book for $3 at a local swap meet. I can't publish the images as copyright laws forbid me to reproduce these images.