Find the Buick

Elpad

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

Can anybody find the Buick? When zooming and looking I found a set of protruding 💣 shells and is not a 54 Roadmaster.

3A031C31-CCCA-4D54-AEBA-E00C9DC9F6E9.png

Don't see a Buick, but all are sedans with one van/bus...no pickups or SUVs.

3 hours ago, neil morse said:

Can anyone explain the traffic pattern in this pic?  It looks like those cars are heading right towards each other!

Looks like they were building or repairing the opposite lane and they forgot to set up the MOT.can anybody tell me what the guy on the corner is doing ? Ask me, I know.

Selling lottery tickets?

I see what you mean about the repairs to the opposite lane -- I had missed that.  But without any cones or directions, it seems like it's "every man for himself" as far as turning the remaining lane into a two-way street!  It even seems like the normal system has been reversed and the cars are driving on the left-hand side.  (Except for the ones that aren't!)

Who knows what happened there reference traffic. Wonder if they had cones those days. I think the man is choosing the Cuban National Lottery tickets, I remember they were huge Pieces of paper. I think he is the buyer, sellers were called “billeteros” and did not dress like that. Sellers were lower class but honest people

11 hours ago, Elpad said:

F66ECA47-D14F-4CDB-AF67-3AD038DAD109.jpeg

3rd on the left (behind '58 Caddy Sedan d'Ville) is a '58 wagon-

can't tell if it is a Caballero?

appears to have solid "B" pillar, but not sure-

Looks huge, compared to 1st series Corvair behind it,

and don't see any other Buicks.

Interesting that the only two "upscale" cars, Buick and Cadillac, are both parked at the Republican headquarters in Hyannis, Massachusetts-

and from the '59 Ford wagon/'60? Corvair, this would be at about the time Jack Kennedy was running against VP "Tricky Dick" Nixon for president

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Interesting that the only two "upscale" cars, Buick and Cadillac, are both parked at the Republican headquarters in Hyannis, Massachusetts-

More notable that they are parallel parked...I doubt anyone (young) today could do it

10 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

3rd on the left (behind '58 Caddy Sedan d'Ville) is a '58 wagon-

can't tell if it is a Caballero?

appears to have solid "B" pillar, but not sure-

Looks huge, compared to 1st series Corvair behind it,

and don't see any other Buicks.

and from the '59 Ford wagon/'60? Corvair, this would be at about the time Jack Kennedy was running against VP "Tricky Dick" Nixon for president

Good 👀 

10 hours ago, neil morse said:

philly5.thumb.jpg.7fcd948a1ed87f87ec83caccbb7ed7c1.jpg

6th car on the right curb is a 1955 hardtop

on the left curb, 4th from the end of the block, and before what looks like a '56 Mercury 2-door, is a 1954 Buick 4-door sedan, maybe a Special?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, billbuickgs said:

Left side rear quarter of a 52 Buick behind the 54 Merc in the slow lane

Good Catch !!

I missed that one 

1 hour ago, avgwarhawk said:

96821560_3041021389314290_76944833931022

1952 Buick in the fast lane-

Looks like Ike and Mamie Eisenhower in the '52 Cadillac Series 62 convertible in the fast lane

probably some governor in the other one?

I sold my identical '52 Caddy to a gentleman in Lombard, Illinois back around 2006, but ours had twin spotlights.

54 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

1952 Buick in the fast lane-

Looks like Ike and Mamie Eisenhower in the '52 Cadillac Series 62 convertible in the fast lane

probably some governor in the other one?

I sold my identical '52 Caddy to a gentleman in Lombard, Illinois back around 2006, but ours had twin spotlights.

It is Ike.  This is a bridge opening on the eastern shore of MD.    The ferry off to left was the only way across.  It was converted into a restaurant after the bridge was completed.  It burned to the ground not long ago.    

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

6th car on the right curb is a 1955 hardtop

on the left curb, 4th from the end of the block, and before what looks like a '56 Mercury 2-door, is a 1954 Buick 4-door sedan, maybe a Special?

Also looks like a '49 that just left the intersection by the Merc, and is traveling towards the camera . 

2 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Governor McKeldin  (1951 to 1959 ) in the Caddy on the left crossing the new Choptank River Bridge at Cambridge Md

The bridge is now a park like fishing pier.  A new multiple lane bridge is now in in it's place.  Progress and growth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Governor McKeldin  (1951 to 1959 ) in the Caddy on the left crossing the new Choptank River Bridge at Cambridge Md

I think we will be at that area in August for the AACA Eastern Divisional Tour, possibly driving our '37 Roadmaster Phaeton

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)