Find the Buick

Elpad

On 2/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, neil morse said:

NM1.thumb.jpg.260a8e9d52d361f769700859db7d2b7c.jpg

at the Barber Shop/Showers sign

7th car on left, a 2-tone '47/'48?

Driving toward us behind nash is a '47/'48 

and next to it, driving away may be a '39?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

at the Barber Shop/Showers sign

7th car on left, a 2-tone '47/'48?

Driving toward us behind nash is a '47/'48 

and next to it, driving away may be a '39?

Good eye on that 2-tone on the left!  I agree with what you have said, but how about the tell-tale rear fender spears on the car parked on the left just ahead of the '47/'48 that you mention?  Could it be a '41 Special or Century Sedanette?  Also, the 2-tone scheme on the car driving away under the Malco sign has a very Buick-ish look to it.

7 hours ago, neil morse said:

Good eye on that 2-tone on the left!  I agree with what you have said, but how about the tell-tale rear fender spears on the car parked on the left just ahead of the '47/'48 that you mention?  Could it be a '41 Special or Century Sedanette?  Also, the 2-tone scheme on the car driving away under the Malco sign has a very Buick-ish look to it.

The one I called a '39, next to the '47/'48 is the same one you note as Buick-ish under the Malco sign.

I had stared and stared at the one which looks like fender spears on the left, but enlargement makes it look almost solid - probably is a '41 Sedanette, but I wasn't sure enough to call it - good catch, Neil !

36 minutes ago, Elpad said:

5A91BAE2-F4AA-45EE-B376-6083D18D6585.jpeg

That blue roof over the creamy yellow'54 is so very mid-1950s Buick - 

The pilot of the United flight (registration # N37552) is smacking the Co-Pilot on his left arm, telling him to get the wheels up and over the power lines, and waving to his wife in the Buick.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elpad said:

E7B94262-3F93-4300-8A6D-2CCDA9FD44FC.jpeg

The stylish young lady asking to be noticed in the '57 Mercury convertible is telling her boyfriend she wants one just like the 1960 LeSabre convertible in the right lane (seems identical to the one I should have bought from my friend Alan Sacks when he moved from New Orleans to Scarsdale)

Behind the '60 in the right lane - 3rd one back is a '55 Buick, and maybe a white with dark roof way back in that lane 2nd car behind the '58 Cadillac (maybe even another '55 between them.

Another '55 3rd car behind the  Mercury convertible.

Yet another '55 Buick in the left-most lane just ahead of the Ford pickup,

and a 1958 Buick going the other way, glad he's not in that traffic !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

The stylish young lady asking to be noticed in the '57 Mercury convertible is telling her boyfriend she wants one just like the 1960 LeSabre convertible in the right lane (seems identical to the one I should have bought from my friend Alan Sacks when he moved from New Orleans to Scarsdale)

Behind the '60 in the right lane - 3rd one back is a '55 Buick, and maybe a white with dark roof way back in that lane 2nd car behind the '58 Cadillac (maybe even another '55 between them.

Another '55 3rd car behind the  Mercury convertible.

Yet another '55 Buick in the left-most lane just ahead of the Ford pickup,

and a 1958 Buick going the other way, glad he's not in that traffic !

Like the captions!