Find the Buick

Elpad

22 hours ago, Elpad said:

C5CAD251-0B49-4A5E-B1EF-6748B92E54B6.jpeg

Would that be a '52 in the background behind the fresh $29 Earl Scheib paint on the Dodge Brothers?

I once had a car painted by the Earl; Scheib shop in Elizabeth, NJ. Every so often they would offer a $19 special in limited colors.

I was driving a '50 Ford to flip for a quick buck at the time so it didn't matter, 

but they didn't tell me they were going to paint right over the mud and dirt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Would that be a '52 in the background behind the fresh $29 Earl Scheib paint on the Dodge Brothers?

I once had a car painted by the Earl; Scheib shop in Elizabeth, NJ. Every so often they would offer a $19 special in limited colors.

I was driving a '50 Ford to flip for a quick buck at the time so it didn't matter, 

but they didn't tell me they were going to paint right over the mud and dirt.

My older brother had several cars painted at Earl Scheib. He always said, for best results, do your own prep before taking it to them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Busy Parking Lot-

Row facing the street, 

5th from front looks like a '52/'53 Buick?

Also looks like on the last row to the right of the picture but too blurry 

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

414A4896-5AFF-47FC-BCDB-DBBA3980B953.jpeg

Cool photo!  I wonder how it was taken.  Nowadays, you immediately think "drone," but back in those days maybe they borrowed a hook and ladder truck from the local Fire Department.

3 hours ago, Elpad said:

6BC0B0F0-8126-49CF-A98C-8D40175E6995.jpeg

Amazing -

cannot find any Buicks other than the one front & center-

Great billboards with Eddie Money, Cher, Judy Collins,

Thank you, Elpad

11 hours ago, MrEarl said:

DE985357-66E1-4957-A6B0-8A5BDD8D4279.thumb.jpeg.0bfbe66948e57baab042cde233b3a032.jpeg

Thank you, Lamar,

The (for lack of a better term) Bright Spot in this photo would be the 1956 Roadmaster 4-door sedan (with B-pillar).

The ID was more difficult when magnification blurred some features, but 4 ventiports, and the script on the rear door, as well as the hood ornament and taillight shape nailed it, at least for me. 

Thanks for helping break the boredom, but I am making progress organizing my garage.

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Thank you, Lamar,

The (for lack of a better term) Bright Spot in this photo would be the 1956 Roadmaster 4-door sedan (with B-pillar).

The ID was more difficult when magnification blurred some features, but 4 ventiports, and the script on the rear door, as well as the hood ornament and taillight shape nailed it, at least for me. 

Thanks for helping break the boredom, but I am making progress organizing my garage.

the absence of front fender bomb sights suggested a Super to me but I will defer to you Mr Goodeye 😊

12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

the absence of front fender bomb sights suggested a Super to me but I will defer to you Mr Goodeye 😊

Lamar, you're probably right about it being a Super - I was going by the length of the script on the rear door 😳

On 4/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, MrEarl said:

Also the absence of the chrome strips on the trunk lid spells Super, along with the location of the script.  The Roadmaster had a much smaller script just under the vent window on the front doors.  BTW, there is also a 1965 Full sized Buick facing the 56's  passenger's side rear fender 

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Elpad said:

1FB7856A-C274-4B0B-9038-B5BA4C3E0AC8.jpeg

That pic could only have been taken in one place -- our beloved city by the bay!  In addition to the Buick in the foreground, note the Continental convertible seven cars down the line.

• Like 3

For those of you kids who don't know who Norma Jean Baker is, she appeared with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot.  If you don't remember her in the movie, you'll never forget her in the dress.

MV5BOWZjNGQxZWEtYmE3Zi00MDJjLWIxNDEtMTU2NzczNzgxY2JiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI4Nzk0NjY@._V1_.thumb.jpg.08ca6096f62d2eff9206a71d1dee101a.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RivNut said:

For those of you kids who don't know who Norma Jean Baker is, she appeared with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot.  If you don't remember her in the movie, you'll never forget her in the dress.

MV5BOWZjNGQxZWEtYmE3Zi00MDJjLWIxNDEtMTU2NzczNzgxY2JiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI4Nzk0NjY@._V1_.thumb.jpg.08ca6096f62d2eff9206a71d1dee101a.jpg

One of the best movies of the era-

and the cast was exceptional

Seeing Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon as musicians in drag, hiding from mobsters after witnessing the Valentines Day Massacre,

plus Marilyn Monroe in an all-girl band

very entertaining and funny movie

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

In that dress , she looks like a 54 or 55 Buick ???

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

If you don't remember her in the movie, you'll never forget her in the dress.

As an 11-year-old at the time, I will absolutely say that I found that dress unforgettable and fascinating! 😄

• Haha 1