Find the Buick

Elpad

11 hours ago, Elpad said:

271A1A33-B5FE-4315-ABA2-63F7C903AF24.jpeg

3rd from the left, in front of the CAFE looks like a 1954 Riviera-

Lamar?

And if I dream long enough, there would be a 1956 Roadmaster convertible, red and white, with white leather interior and red carpet - parked just out of sight down at the beach with all the fixin's for a clambake and bonfire this evening

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, neil morse said:

RI.thumb.jpg.09b762afb66288f96de3145ec6183525.jpg

Wow !

... found the white 1959 Buick Flat-top 4-door Hardtop next to the puddle heading toward the trailer,

Then noticed:

1954 Buick is 3rd from left between Chrysler and Olds

Far right center on right end of row is a 1956 Buick

directly behind it, and in front of the 1952-1954  Nash is a 1955 Buick

Farther to the left, the man is standing behind a 1958 Buick 4-door Station Wagon (Estate?), facing a '59 Impala convertible, and between the '56 Caddy hardtop and the '54 Plymouth 2-door.

Hope I didn't miss any?

Behind the mountain in the distance, a younger version of one of us is dreaming of building a twin-screw speedboat with a pair of Nailhead Buick engines 😎

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, neil morse said:

You got them all as far as I can see.  In fact you found two that I hadn't found.

Thanks Neil,

Clicking on the photo to open in a new window, and then clicking again to zoom in really helps - sometimes,

But - depending on the quality of the photo we can lose a lot of the detail.

Thanks for submitting. You and Elpad, and so many others really keep this site interesting.

• Like 2

You are welcome, Marty.  I can't keep up with Elpad, but I like to look at The Old Motor so that's where most of the photos I find come from.  Also, Shorpy, which is a fantastic old photo resource.  There's almost always a Buick in there somewhere.  What actually surprises me are the shots of traffic and parking lots where you CAN'T find a Buick!

35 minutes ago, neil morse said:

You are welcome, Marty.  I can't keep up with Elpad, but I like to look at The Old Motor so that's where most of the photos I find come from.  Also, Shorpy, which is a fantastic old photo resource.  There's almost always a Buick in there somewhere.  What actually surprises me are the shots of traffic and parking lots where you CAN'T find a Buick!

True -

but remember that everyday folk - the larger share of the population, assured that the "Low Priced Three", Chevy, Ford, and Plymouth generally ran 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. 

I believe it was 1955, or maybe 1956 that Buick edged Plymouth out of 3rd place in overall model-year sales, but I could be mistaken.

Surely some of the more fact-based and knowledgeable here could provide factual expertise.

On 2/13/2020 at 12:43 AM, Elpad said:

Found it! Think is the red ragtop!

On 2/12/2020 at 8:22 AM, dei said:

Too obvious?

823992449_1958BuickSpecial-Windsor-Fall1972-Copy(2).thumb.jpg.96b4ae4381f06e84420cd743dd19f8b6.jpg

I think it is the one between the two Oldsmobiles 😎

• Haha 2