Find the Buick

Elpad

9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Cuba?

Puerto Rico?

All photos below the bridge junkyard are from Habana, Cuba. We 🇨🇺 in exile call this era BC or before Castro. Do not want to bring politics to the thread but if you see present condition of these street scene, you will see total destruction. Some people in this country must open their eyes and brains. Just saying.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Marty, you made me look twice at the pictures and found this Particular folklore  character peeking to the camera behind the traffic police umbrella on the Woolworth building photo. The guy  with long hair always dressed in black along with a trench coat was a famous homeless that roamed the streets of Havana. Locals knew him by the name of “Caballero de Paris” (Paris Gentleman) who became a colloquial legend.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:54 PM, Elpad said:

EFF0DB89-63B5-4556-ADA2-B5D7A7B1DF90.jpeg

I stand correctly, this photo is from  what we call “Little Havana” in Miami, Fl. The name of the theater gave it away.

40 minutes ago, Elpad said:

All photos below the bridge junkyard are from Habana, Cuba. We 🇨🇺 in exile call this era BC or before Castro. Do not want to bring politics to the thread but if you see present condition of these street scene, you will see total destruction. Some people in this country must open their eyes and brains. Just saying.

At the present.

A3FDCB6B-3658-4303-8229-AD2213B1D64E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

philly9.thumb.jpg.5e01f8ed660555d508d3def12a909872.jpg

Another photo of gridlock in Philadelphia from The Old Motor.  They say it's a new one, but it looks awfully familiar to me.  Has it already  been posted here?  Anyhow, a lot of Buicks in this one.

6 hours ago, neil morse said:

philly9.thumb.jpg.5e01f8ed660555d508d3def12a909872.jpg

Another photo of gridlock in Philadelphia from The Old Motor.  They say it's a new one, but it looks awfully familiar to me.  Has it already  been posted here?  Anyhow, a lot of Buicks in this one.

Yes, this had previously been here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

6FF0B563-D03A-485B-B5DC-896E91575256.thumb.jpeg.d9540bf9cb20c3dd6daf4b56c3928524.jpeg

I'm with you, Mr. Earl....can never get enough of Debbie (even though there's a Riv behind her!).

12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

read about it in the newspaper... Parris Island,, USMCRD,  August ‘69 

Same day I got married...August 16, 1969 at the tender age of 20.

• Thanks 1