Saskatchewan hoard

10 minutes ago, Mark Gregory said:

They mention a car with a T Eaton motor . Eaton's was a Department store did they supply motors?

One could order a rebuilt 'TECOmaster' motor through their catalog.  Instead of replacing valve cover decals with the O.E.M. ones, Timothy Eaton's used their own decals.  'TECO' and 'TECOmaster' were used on several items sold by the Timothy Eaton Co., including lawn mowers, gardening and hand tools, etc.

Craig

• Like 1

Guest alleyyooper

The tractor labeled 101 super is really a 101 senior with a continial 6 cylinder engine. MFG. 1942 thru 1946 when it was replaced by the Massey Harris 44 6.

Cost 1,300.00 dollars new.

A brother in law owns a 1945 model.

:D        Al

Wow, what a collection! The person who accumulated all that stuff must have had no interest in restoring or driving any of that stuff. Just wanted a museum, I guess! 

I got a chuckle out of that 1961 Ford labeled as a 1966... Not many similarities there! LOL

• Like 1

Guest alleyyooper

Case cars built from 1910 sold thru farm equipment dealers. Early ones powered by a 4 cylinder engine.

last model built and sold was a few 1927 by then they had a 6 cylinder engine.

:D        Al

13 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

What's going on with this 26 Chevy touring?

87.jpg

The '26 Chevy is likely a "Bennett Buggy". During the dust bowl days of the 1930's,many farmers took out the engines and used real horse power to pull their fuel starved cars.R.B.Bennett had the misfortune of being prime minister of Canada at the time,and was blamed for the country's economic woes.Similar vehicles in the U.S. were called "Hoover Carts". I had a 490 Chevy body and frame that came from Alberta that had been used this way.

Jim

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Small Block Chevy???

The Canadian only Pontiac's used Chevrolet engines across the board. The pre 63 inline 6 was bored to 261 c.i. for Pontiac use instead of the 235 Chevy c.i. It had a different marking on the block casting referred to as " Lieutenant bars" The V8's were the same as the Chevy's mostly supplied by the St.Catharines McKinnon Engine plant except for the Mk IV Tonawanda big blocks from mid 65 on.

5 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Small Block Chevy???

I had my '21 Chevy at a cruise night years ago,and a small crowd gathered when I started it up,hood open. A lanky dude with a long pony tail commented "wow man.The original Chevy small block"! He was right.

• Like 1