EMAIL ADDRESS SCAM

Terry Wiegand

I just want to let everyone know that my email address has been compromised somehow.  I DID NOT send an email to folks asking for help.  The internet can certainly be dangerous at times.  Thank you all for reading this and please pass this on.  I have contacted law enforcement to report this activity.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

Terry, 

I did get one of your emails.  It said "you had a favor you wanted to ask".  I thought this was fishy.  When it did the reply, it showed that it wanted to go to your address, but another email address popped up using the beginning of your email address, but ending in @outlook.com   I think this is the bogus email.  

I think you should tell people not to do a  reply, but they can just send you a direct email.   I would also contact the authorities about the @outlook.com address.

A quick update - EBay called and notified me that somebody(s) was trying to use my eBay account.  They have locked my account and will not let it be used until I let them know that it is really me attempting to use it.  The police have told me that they have a whole raft of cases exactly like this and that there really isn't a whole lot that can be done at this time.  That was really nice to hear.  In the past I have posted my email address for folks to get in touch with me.  Was I wrong for doing that? - possibly.  The officer told me that if someone wants to do a person harm on the internet there are multiple ways that that could be done.  If crooked people want to carry out their crap they can have your email address in minutes or less if they want it.  So far we haven't lost anything monetary and we hope it stays at that point.  I hope that this might help somebody in the future.  A person just cannot be careful enough online.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

I got one myself. The bells and whistle's were going off right away. They are asking for financial assistance for a shipment from Germany to Texas.

Goes like this,  

Hi, How are you? I hope all is well with you.
I need a favor from you, please email me  back as soon as possible.
Thank you

Terry

Me back.. 

What’s up Terry?

Reply, 

Glad you replied, I have some goods coming in from Germany to Texas port and i have some dues to pay at the port but i am out of town and couldn't get the payment done myself.
I need your financial assistance,I'll refund you once i get back.
Please let me know if I can count on you...

Well, Hell. I'm so broke I can't pay attention. Sorry Charlie, Only the best Tuna get to be Star Kissed Tuna. Dandy Dave! 

Someone did the same to my email address.  Their email address somehow got piggybacked on mine.  

A friend notified me,  that it was in his spam folder.  I instantly checked my accounts and couldn't find any breaches.  I also as a precaution changed my password from a difficult one to an impossible one for me to remember. 

The net,  starting to become a necessary evil. 

On 2/21/2018 at 3:01 PM, Terry Wiegand said:

I DID NOT send an email to folks asking for help.  The internet can certainly be dangerous at times.  Thank you

well if you ever get one from me .it will be help how do I answer a email !! I have only found the way to it  3 times I just dont like asking my wife to help me with the right pass words to get to it .  --kyle

• Like 1